Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    my cousin, brother and i used to watch this show when we were kids. it was on every weekend.
    it had live action people and the grandmother was a robot. i know that's not a lot of information to go on but it's all i can remember.
    Try "Small Wonder" from 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowguard View Post
    There was a movie I saw a preview for a while back that I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down. From what I pieced together in the preview it was a Victorian/Steampunk fantasy film about a masked superhero who may or may not have been Schizophrenic.
    I believe it was called something like "Franklin" (I do remember the title being the same as the main character's name) but my efforts to find it have proven fruitless. Any help?
    You don't mean V For Vendetta do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zsinj View Post
    Okay, here's one I've been racking my brain about for about two weeks now. A few years ago, I went to see this movie with my dad. What I remember about it was that it was based on a Philip K. Dick novel and starred Dennis Quaid as the main character and he was on the run from the government because he had special powers or something like that. Any help?
    Based on only the Dennis Quiad clue and your other nopes my suggestion is Frequency or even more vaguely Switchback.

Hi all,

I'm looking for the title of a movie which i only saw a few minutes of years ago.
    It was either a 70s or 80s late-night movie about people living ordinary lives where they would plug themselves into some sort of virtual reality world via their armchairs. I remember 1 scene where a mother was talking to her son whilst both were on a 'break' from their virtual lives. The set had a distinct 70s feel with 70s style couches etc.

I also recall there was a company, or an advertisement for something with a futuristic name that began with 'tele' eg. tele-mind
    Kind of reminded me of the 'mind-head' treatment/therapy in Bowfinger

Sorry, I know this is a very vague description, but like i said, i only saw a 10 or so minutes of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    You don't mean V For Vendetta do you?
    No. And to the best of my memory V for Vendetta wasn't Victorian or Steampunk.

help remembering these two movie names

ok this is driving me crazy if someone actualy knows what i'm on about ill b so pleased. k the first film
    1) i don't remember the plot of this but there was a rich or famous mum and her daughter, she didn't have much to do with her daughter and the girl was meant to be the sensible one of the two. k the two scenes i remember where the kid going to/form school and she looked at her watch to make sure i think it was medicine was taken at the right time like she was kind of a bit OTT about illnes and things i think and i think she'd been walking with a hired nanny. Then at the end of the film the kid ran away to this old fairground it was dark and she sat on this ride. I think the film was about the girl loosening up or something. i think there might of been a sick person but cant' really remember.
    2) second film was more recent it was about a three sisters when one of them died she left her kids to the 'unsensible sister' i think the sensible sister was acted by Joan Cusack

Quote Originally Posted by lals View Post
    2) second film was more recent it was about a three sisters when one of them died she left her kids to the 'unsensible sister' i think the sensible sister was acted by Joan Cusack
    I can't tell you what the first one is, but the second one is "Raising Helen."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0350028/

oh thankyou! that was the right film. rest my mind now except 4 the 1st film i mentioned hopefully someone else will recognize that one.

I need help

There was a puppet show that came on in the 80' that used the same puppets that Phil Collins used in his video Land of Confusion. I cannot remember the name of that show, what was it?

Red face i AM SO LOST PLEASE HELP

Ok my Little brother watched this show in the afternoons it was mid to late 90's or so. For the life of me I can't get the name. It was set in space and on a ship and the bad guys were call shadow warriors. Their ships were black, and looked like a squished spider with it legs pulled to the back. I know its not much to go on but it has been driving me nuts for 2 or 3 years! any way thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by barcocady View Post
    Ok my Little brother watched this show in the afternoons it was mid to late 90's or so. For the life of me I can't get the name. It was set in space and on a ship and the bad guys were call shadow warriors. Their ships were black, and looked like a squished spider with it legs pulled to the back. I know its not much to go on but it has been driving me nuts for 2 or 3 years! any way thanks
    I found it sorry thanks. it is babylon 5. I did a search for shadow ships and came up with this lol.

http://www.b5tech.com/shadows/shadow...adowships.html

i feel like a nut!

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Zsinj
    Okay, here's one I've been racking my brain about for about two weeks now. A few years ago, I went to see this movie with my dad. What I remember about it was that it was based on a Philip K. Dick novel and starred Dennis Quaid as the main character and he was on the run from the government because he had special powers or something like that. Any help?
    Based on only the Dennis Quiad clue and your other nopes my suggestion is Frequency or even more vaguely Switchback.
    You may be looking for Total Recall starring Arnold Swartzenneger whose character is named Quaid.

Quote Originally Posted by austinsr76 View Post
    There was a puppet show that came on in the 80' that used the same puppets that Phil Collins used in his video Land of Confusion. I cannot remember the name of that show, what was it?
    Spitting Image, it was a British show.

It's a movie that I watched a long time ago where a human pilot and a alien crash after a battle or something. They find each other afterwards at first they trying to kill each other, then they start getting along. one of the things that still stand out about the movie for me is when the human ran out of food they started to eat the aliens food that looked like green yellow. Any guess what this movies name is? It's a old movie!

Sounds like Enemy Mine.