Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Arrow

Hi everyone, I need help in remembering a title of a movie. I believe it's from the late 60's to mid 70's. The plot is that a man and his wife stop in a small town where the towns people go into a trance at night. Everyone but the man is affected because he has a metal plate in his head. I thought Roy Thinnes was in it but he wasn't. Also I think the title has either "night" or "people" in it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Penny

Hi Sylverpenny, That movie is 'Stephen King - The Tommyknockers'. Where a crashed alien ship underground is affecting the people of the town, but the man with the metal plate in his head.

edit: or more likely the Stephen King movie swiped some ideas from this movie from 1967
    'They Came from Beyond Space'
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062360/
    or it appears it could be a made for TV movie called 'Night Slaves'
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066140/
    Last edited by LightForce; June 22nd, 2010 at 03:56 PM.

need help remembering name of old movie

i remember watching on tv as a little girl some movie where the little girl would always go to her older teenage neighbors house for kool aid. there was also a scene with spin the bottle and the little girl gets nervous because she has to kiss her crush in her grade. I know it's not much detail but if anyone somehow remembers this movie please let me know!

Hi lmdurio, I'm on a roll. Thats from season 1 or season 2 of 'Little House on the Prairie', help from wife on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightForce View Post
    Hi Sylverpenny, That movie is 'Stephen King - The Tommyknockers'. Where a crashed alien ship underground is affecting the people of the town, but the man with the metal plate in his head.

edit: or more likely the Stephen King movie swiped some ideas from this movie from 1967
    'They Came from Beyond Space'
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062360/
    or it appears it could be a made for TV movie called 'Night Slaves'
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066140/
    Hi LightForce, The movie is "Nightslaves." As soon as I saw the title I knew it was right. Thanks for your help. Keep up the roll.

Penny

Black Ooze?

I'm looking for a scary-ish kids movie. I believe it was 90's but I'm not sure.

It has two little kids and a big black cauldron with black ooze coming out of it to smother the town and the children. I could've sworn it was called The Black Cauldron but apparently I was wrong because that movie is different. Anybody know?

It was animated. The two little kids were a boy and a girl. It seemed the whole movie revolved around the cauldron and preventing the bad guy from making the ooze from coming out. In the end everything went back to normal.

I swear the movie focused on the black ooze. Like i was the end of the world if the ooze happened....maybe it was a t.v. movie.....

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to remember the name of an old-ish (maybe 80s?) sci fi movie i saw when i was a kid for absolutely ages, so this forum/thread feels like a god send.

I'm afraid there isn't a huge amount to go on, and my memory is a little hazy. I can remember a few basic things:

set in the future, and involves a group of teenagers (i think). I remember them playing some sort of hockey-like game, and a floating glowing orb thing which spoke to them. I also want to say i remember someone hitting the orb with a hockey stick, but i might be making that up. The feeling was vaguely dystopic.

The best clue however, might be one scene i can remember quite vividly. It involved the films primary antagonist/main bad guy. He was in some sort of futuristic control room. He was subjecting one of his minions to a sort of punishment, which involved forcing the man's hand down onto a special table. The man's hand then started to rot or burn or something, or get eaten alive by insects/maggots - something like that anyway; the guy wasn't enjoying it, screaming a lot etc. However, when the torture finished, and the table was deactivated, the man's hand was fine - it was just an illusion/hologram or something.

Any ideas?! I know it isn't a lot to go on, but i'm desperate to remember this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by _tangent View Post
    Hi everybody,

I've been trying to remember the name of an old-ish (maybe 80s?) sci fi

set in the future, and involves a group of teenagers (i think). I remember them playing some sort of hockey-like game, and a floating glowing orb thing which spoke to them. I also want to say i remember someone hitting the orb with a hockey stick, but i might be making that up. The feeling was vaguely dystopic.

Any ideas?! I know it isn't a lot to go on, but i'm desperate to remember this movie!
    tangent, that sounds a lot like Solarbabies. I watched it a long time ago I'll watch anything with Jamie Gertz in it). They don't play hockey, but something like it... They roller skate, also. And they find some light type alien that they play the game with once and it does talk to one of the kids.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091981/

Quote Originally Posted by txshusker View Post
    tangent, that sounds a lot like Solarbabies. I watched it a long time ago I'll watch anything with Jamie Gertz in it). They don't play hockey, but something like it... They roller skate, also. And they find some light type alien that they play the game with once and it does talk to one of the kids.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091981/
    That's it!!! Thanks so much dude. You've literally saved my life

Quote Originally Posted by _tangent View Post
    That's it!!! Thanks so much dude. You've literally saved my life
    well, if you were teetering based on the answer, I'm certainly glad I was right!

I need help

There was this show i have very little memory of it....it was on upn in the morning it came on after digimon frontier and before mummies alive....it was about some kid and he fought these bad guys in a circus where they plot their evil plans and the kid had like his favorite hero from a video game fought along side as him..it wasnt a cartoon HELP ME please

cartoons from the 80's or 90's

hi im looking for a cartoon movie from the 80's or 90's about a boy who can fly and has powers that comes out from his fingers particularly beams of light. i think he was a servant for his/her evil master. those people who get hit from those beams of light turns into a puppet. then he delivers those puppets to his/her master. until i think he found a friend and defied his/her master. any idea the title of that cartoon movie?

I haven't read this thread, so I'm sorry if someone's already asked.
    In the 80's, there was a show on Showtime about Robin Hood and his gang. It seemed dark and complex to me although I was young at the time. Could anyone tell me the name of this?

Quote Originally Posted by HeclaBull View Post
    I haven't read this thread, so I'm sorry if someone's already asked.
    In the 80's, there was a show on Showtime about Robin Hood and his gang. It seemed dark and complex to me although I was young at the time. Could anyone tell me the name of this?
    You mean the one with Jason Connery? (yes, Sean's son.) Robin of Sherwood or Robin Hood - The Legend

It wasn't too cheesy, if I remember, but I don't recall it being as fun as the current BBC rendition. I didn't see all the episodes.

Hey guys

I really need help trying to remember this cartoon I used to watch, it was in the mid-90s and none of my friends remember it. I'm pretty sure it was on cartoon network, but I can't be sure. It was kind of super-hero-ish and the captain wore blue, and the girl wore a pink costume and I'm pretty sure she had wings on her helmet, then there was like this kid in green who was a bit chubby. I think they flew around in and airplane/spaceship, more likely and airplane though. It's been bugging me for literally years that I can't find anything about it anywhere. It wasn't power rangers or beetleborgs.
    Oh and then they would sometimes wear normal clothes, out of their save-the-world outfits.
    I have a feeling the drawing style of the cartoon was a lot like speed-racers, with their helmets looking much the same as those.
    Last edited by Asharlee; July 31st, 2010 at 05:45 AM.