Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wingedcatperson View Post
    There a title for a movie i just can't recall, and its one of those flicks that wasn't a huge success that I know of. I think it started with a "T". It starts off with a young girl who always came in second place at singing contests and longed for that first prize. She lived with just her mom in a farming town. A very rich man ends up buying up a rather large and beautiful mansion in this town. the man himself had a disfigured face and was said to be a prince, but he had a very bad temper. It was also said that he was banished from his homeland, or too ashamed of his appearance to return. Anyway, somehow he comes across this girl and hires her to be his maid, to work off some debt or something. Through her evening of working for him, he ends up teaching her a song. Meanwhile the town becomes angry as their land begins to get bought up. Thinking this his doing they plot against him. Later on the girl goes to the singing competition to win first prize, while back in town the folks raid his home and chase him into the dam which kills him. Only after this occurs do they find out that he was not the one buying up their homes, but was in fact spending monstrous amounts of money giving them what they needed.. Medical attention and such.

Anyone out there know anything about this movie? or the folktale it stems from?
    You my good sir are looking for a this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107961/

I remember looking for that same movie early in life. Real good, pretty songs in it.

I bet you never thought you'd get the answer 6 months later!

Quote Originally Posted by spif View Post
    Hello what I can remember of this is that it was set in a forest and there was a large Talking tree and forest creature puppets about the size of 5 year old children sort of looked like raccoons, I recaall huts aswell it was pretty good quality paraleling hensons stuff from what I recall though obviously not him as I would have found it already.

Also another show thats been bugging me is one with puppets again or humans in costumes, the theme was of space pirates but from what I recall they wore rather spacey lookin outfits but the ship was a pirate ship, and outer space was blue

Cheers
    I know you said it probably isn't something done by Henson but it sort of put me in mind of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.

Some show that was on saturdays

I cant remember the name of this show that came on saturday mornings after all of the other kids cartoons and what not.

it was live action with the main character as a man prolly in his 20's and some little puppet kid thing that lived with him. i remember one episode where the guy got cloned or something and i think there was doughnuts.

and in one episode the puppet didnt want to be short so he hung from monkey bars and wore really tall shoes. and i think i remember a tomb or something

anyone?

oh and if it helps it was prolly on between 96 to 99? and i lived in florida in tampa if that helped

^^^^^^
    The only show I can think of is Bobby's World. The little kid character was a cartoon though, and Howie Mandell played the adult.

naw it wasnt a cartoon

70's / 80's TV show with kids as spaceship crew

I'm trying to remember a TV show pilot that was shown back in the late 70's or early 80's. The premise for the show was a long-term space voyage that was going to take thirty or forty years to complete. The outbound crew was composed of adults and the return crew were their children. All but one of the adults dies in the pilot, leaving one grownup with a crew of kids to figure out how to run the ship.

I don't think the show was picked up for regular production, but I seem to remember seeing the pilot episode being broadcast as a made for tv movie or something.

If anyone knows what the title was, please let me know. Thx!

---Thom

Quote Originally Posted by gingey View Post
    I cant remember the name of this show that came on saturday mornings after all of the other kids cartoons and what not.

it was live action with the main character as a man prolly in his 20's and some little puppet kid thing that lived with him. i remember one episode where the guy got cloned or something and i think there was doughnuts.

and in one episode the puppet didnt want to be short so he hung from monkey bars and wore really tall shoes. and i think i remember a tomb or something

anyone?

oh and if it helps it was prolly on between 96 to 99? and i lived in florida in tampa if that helped
    Seth Green was in a show called Greg the Bunny where the Bunny was a puppet. But I thought it was racier than Saturday morning cartoon time. I don't know much about it.

Old show from I think the 90's

There was a show that wasn't around too long. For the life of me I can't remember the name. The show was about a guy who was from the 90's and somehow woke up in the 80's with all of his memories. There was one scene where they went to see Empire Strikes back on opening weekend and he spoiled that Darth Vader was Lukes father and everyone was mad. I can't remember what this is called. Please help. Thanks.

movie series from 90s

I use to watch this movie at my babysitters i remeber the fhe i think and all i really remember was different colored characters and there were kids it wasnt animated and they were magical i guess like granted wishes i dont really remember much i was about 7 or 8 last time i seen it it was on vhs and they had a couple different ones but id really appreciate some help on this i hope u can figure it out i sure can haha

Just happy to be here.

Mid to Late 70's Fantasy Animated Cartoon

Hi all,

I have been racking my brain for years trying to figure this one out. It was an animated film run on television when I was a kid in the late 70's.

It was a single show. It was fantasy themed, kind of like Narnia or the Hobbit, but it was neither.

All I can remember is that one of the characters had a candle in his hat. The rest is all witches and goblins in my memory.

It was pre-Black Cauldron, but it also felt like that as well. I have tried "Last Unicorn" and "Wizards", but those aren't it.

Any old people with ideas????

Thanks
    JTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHartke View Post
    Hi all,

I have been racking my brain for years trying to figure this one out. It was an animated film run on television when I was a kid in the late 70's.

It was a single show. It was fantasy themed, kind of like Narnia or the Hobbit, but it was neither.

All I can remember is that one of the characters had a candle in his hat. The rest is all witches and goblins in my memory.

It was pre-Black Cauldron, but it also felt like that as well. I have tried "Last Unicorn" and "Wizards", but those aren't it.

Thanks
    JTH

Maybe "Little Nemo"?

Hey Guys!

This movie was on tv late one night a few years back. it was fairly recent to the time. It was set in Scotland, or Ireland or the Uk, in the 50's ish.
    At the start the girl was young and she had a crush on a distant relative. she never acted upon it, as he was older, (I think that was why).He was going away to war, or something. A few years went by, and she has a fling with a local man, who she halfheartedly moves in with. He goes crazy with mental illness, which he somehow managed to keep hidden.
    The older cousin comes back and they go off together, but she has to go back to her responsibility's of looking after this guy, who was like her de facto.
    I thought it was jaqueline makenzie, but i cant find the film in her bio. please help!

i really need to know!!

I used to watch this movie all the time when i was little, it was about a mermaid named serena(i think), and i remember her living in a castle and she goes to sea horse stables. Also it is animated. and it is not the one where she dies in the end. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHartke View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks
    JTH
    Dates are wrong but my first thought for some reason was The Elm Chanted Forest
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268282/

Quote Originally Posted by melissajean09 View Post
    I used to watch this movie all the time when i was little, it was about a mermaid named serena(i think), and i remember her living in a castle and she goes to sea horse stables. Also it is animated. and it is not the one where she dies in the end. Thanks!!!
    Might help if we knew when you were little. Ten years ago? Twenty?