Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Robot bear?

Positive I saw this movie as a small child on the Disney channel during the very late 80's (I was 4 in 1989) or the very early 90's. Probably no later than 1993. I can't remember much except it was about a white space bear from outer space with his small robot bear companion. At the end of the movie, the little robot bear is mortally wounded and asked the space bear if they were going home now, and the space bear tearfully said that they were. In the spaceship, the spacebear is piloting and the (dead?) robot bear is on the bed behInd him and magically turns into a real bear. I've been seeking this movie for two decades now! Someone please tell me it existed!!

Quote Originally Posted by WendyDear View Post
    Positive I saw this movie as a small child on the Disney channel during the very late 80's (I was 4 in 1989) or the very early 90's. Probably no later than 1993. I can't remember much except it was about a white space bear from outer space with his small robot bear companion. At the end of the movie, the little robot bear is mortally wounded and asked the space bear if they were going home now, and the space bear tearfully said that they were. In the spaceship, the spacebear is piloting and the (dead?) robot bear is on the bed behInd him and magically turns into a real bear. I've been seeking this movie for two decades now! Someone please tell me it existed!!

Sebastian Star Bear

I've been trying to remember a sci-fi movie I saw in theaters around 1978 (+/- 2). The protagonist was a young guy, possibly with curlyish 70's hair. There is an amulet that looks like a cluster of grapes (maybe), that glows when its powers are used... but the amulet is sort of a One Ring deal, you really shouldn't use it. The guy encounters some sort of trouble - the Bad Guys took/hurt/killed his girlfriend? - and he has to make the choice of whether or not to use the amulet to solve the problem. He uses it, it glows, and it burns its shape into his chest. I think at the end his use of the amulet has permanently harmed him in some way - I can see him standing alone, on a hill or the edge of a crater or something, with either the amulet or the scars it left glowing on his chest.

I skipped school to see this, and when the film was over I hid behind the curtains until the next showing started and watched it again. I was punished severely for this, grounded so hard I literally didn't see another film for years... for watching a movie unsuitable for Decent Folk, for stealing $ from my mother's purse to get in, for spending some of the $ on candy I wasn't supposed to eat, for lying to the theater (I said school was canceled because of a fire)(but at least I didn't light an actual fire), for stealing from the theater (by sneaking in to the second showing), for lying to my teacher (I forged a note saying I'd been at the dentist), for lying to my mother (I said I was in school, but must have not heard the teacher call my name at role-call), and for pissing off Jesus (for all of the above).

Seeing this movie had a profound and lasting effect on my life, but I've never been able to remember what it was called or enough of the details to figure it out. (The googles, they do nothing.) I want to see it again and figure out if all the trouble was worth it.

That sounds like message from Space.

The trailer is up on youtube. It had glowing walnuts, not grapes, but it has the cheesy 70's hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOSmIJCHqcQ

Hope that helps.

Jim

Does anyone out there recognize this show? I think it was a TV movie or possibly a pilot for an unproduced series from the mid 70's. The premise was a family, or group with adults and teenagers, were on a spaceship that somehow was getting sucked into a black hole. They thought they were going to die, but at the end they realized the black hole was rotating and when they passed through it they were in a different universe.

I Know it wasn't the Disney film the Black Hole, or Jason of Star Command. If anyone knows this I would sure like some help with this.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    Does anyone out there recognize this show? I think it was a TV movie or possibly a pilot for an unproduced series from the mid 70's. The premise was a family, or group with adults and teenagers, were on a spaceship that somehow was getting sucked into a black hole. They thought they were going to die, but at the end they realized the black hole was rotating and when they passed through it they were in a different universe.

I Know it wasn't the Disney film the Black Hole, or Jason of Star Command. If anyone knows this I would sure like some help with this.

Jim

Into Infinity?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074690/

Quote Originally Posted by Ocajnik View Post

I think That's it. Thanks!

That sounds like Message from Space.
    That wasn't it, but thanks for the link. I can't believe I've never even heard of Message From Space! (It probably coincided with the years I wasn't allowed to watch movies.) Whole armies of Vaderlings, even a trench run? Sign me up!

The film I'm looking for didn't have so much of an alien presence, I don't remember costumes or starships. Just this amulet of power, and the drama that surrounded it. I think I saw "The Bermuda Depths" at the same theater just before, and they both "feel" similar - in TBD the power was evil, in ??? the power was either alien or ancient or both. The main guy looked sort of like the guy who (later) starred in "The Blue Lagoon"... that blond, curly, sort of Roger Daltry-ish look.

Pleeeease help!

Hi, i`m from Brazil, and i used to watch when i was a kid, in the 90's a tv show where a girl had like super powers, i dont remember it right, but she was a burnette, she used something on her forehad, like something that she could comunicate to other people, i believe she was from another planet!
    She had like three spost on her face!

I cant remember anything else, but in my head i can see the girls face!
    If anyone can help me, please!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BrunnaMoraes View Post
    Hi, i`m from Brazil, and i used to watch when i was a kid, in the 90's a tv show where a girl had like super powers, i dont remember it right, but she was a burnette, she used something on her forehad, like something that she could comunicate to other people, i believe she was from another planet!

Olá Brunna,
    Was it Misfits of Science? Courteney Cox played a girl with Psychic powers. She is a brunette, but I don't think the character was an ET.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088568/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRZWKfeN1u4

Jim

hey this is my fisr ever time trying this but i sor it and i now i hate when i dont rememebr a movie and bin trying for som times to figure out the name of a movie i sor about i dont now eney more i think its about 10 years ago or so

its where every one is on a space ship (offcors wired to say)
    well where they ar hetting to a war i dont rememebr if its to pretect earth
    but in the same coinsadent to get to the war they first have to out run from som other ships as well to get to it when in the end when they come to the war they have a fleet after them but they made it so that they where the last ship to arive and got saved

well the theme of what my memorie serves me is that in the movie to travel faster from point a to b the fastest way to travel is by black holes the only problem is there only one kind of humans that can navigate trough thes black holes.
    and thers not that maney left of them but offcors they ar lucky they have one on the ship that is half or so from that human race that he can navigate it but he never did it before and he has to use his insticts to get trough the stream..

Olá Brunna,
    Was it Misfits of Science? Courteney Cox played a girl with Psychic powers. She is a brunette, but I don't think the character was an ET.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088568/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRZWKfeN1u4

Jim

Jim, unfortunately thats not the tv show im looking for! The girl was a teenager, about 13/14 years old! She has super powers or something like that!
    But thanks anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrunnaMoraes View Post

She had blonde hair but the only one I could think of is Out of this World.

Time Travel Movie

Been searching for the name of this movie for ages and just can't find\think of the name. I think it's made for tv in the 80's possibly a unpick-ed up pilot, It was American made, A time travel adventure with 4 or 5 mini stories featuring a man that is transported through time by this demon (puppet) creature. In one story the man had to stop a serial killer and in another he was transported to a place where this huge stone statue (stop frame animation) came to life. I've owned this on VHS before, Some reason I remember a big gem sitting at the demon creatures feet that transported the man, Also I think the man might have had a wrist device telling him how long he had to complete his mission, I.E save the girl from the serial killer. The names that keeps jumping into my head are demon stone, Time runner although it's none of these, Any help greatly appreciated
    Last edited by gargoyle67; February 20th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelus80 View Post
    Hey, everyone. I need help finding the title of a movie I watched when I was a kid. I watched it in the late 80s or so, but I don't know if that's when the movie was made.

This is what I remember about the plot:

It's very similar to the plot of the Little Mermaid by Disney. The mermaid falls in love with a human, but instead of getting a happy ending, she ends up dying at the end. And I can remember her fish (I think it was a fish) companion swimming through the ocean, jumping out of the water and crying her name, which I'm pretty sure was Serena. I'm not sure of the spelling though. Also, I want to say that she was blond.

I appreciate any help, as this was one of my favorite movies when I was younger.

The name of the movie is Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. The girl's name was Marina and the fish's name was Fritz. It was one of my all time favorites as a kid and then disney went and made it all sappy with a sweet ending! lol!