Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    That did the trick, Hobbit!

After a bit of searching thru the Children's Foundation films on IMDB, I managed to find it!

It was called "The Glitterball" from 1977 ... although my synopsis wasn't exactly correct, I was close!

Thanks!

Now to try and locate it on VHS or DVD ... both of which seem doubtful.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Children's Foundation stuff is not that easy to come by even on VHS, but best of luck.

Hobbit
    Mark

just cant put my finger on it

there was a tv show on tv ...a short series in the 90's.... about these people back in the days of kings and queens ..... i only watched a few times because i was little and had a bed time... but in the first show or pilot and during the opening credits the guy is being held by a guard and the kings is getting ready to kill hem with a sword and at the last second the kings daughter and the guys girlfriend steps in front of him and the dad/king kills her instead. they then punch the boyfrind and leave her and the guy together on the ground thus starting his campaign to rid the world of evil. please please PLEASE help me to get this one ....its been on my mind for years and i would really like to see it again

Earthman1
    I don't know if this is the show you are thinking of, but there was a short medieval series made in 1990's called 'Covington Cross'.

i remebr that one but ....

its not it... but simila.....this one took place like in the william wallace kinda era... they was a girl on there that kinda looked like Fionna Apple with the big teary eyes .... she used a bow and arrow... in one episode i remember a banshee fell in lov with the main character and then forsaw his death and warned him. she got in trouble and had to drink from a certain river to make her forget everything and be let back into the banshee group.she and the main guy were standing in the river and she drank. the main character put his robe around her to dry her off and she then realized that she had forseen her own death ... bad guys pop out out of the river bow and arrow kill her and she dies... ringing any bells please
    Last edited by mnguyen0050; March 22nd, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

the glitterball or something similar

hi

I am looking for a tv show i can hardly remember. I'd watched it around '88 in childhood in Germany and I think it might be a show from US. It was shown only one time and probably had just a few episodes.

the describtion from glitterball sounds somewhat similar but i only remember one boy and one stranger. They both had a ice-ball like orb in their palm with i believe kind of magical power.
    I remember also an intro of this tv show within a blizzard (if i remember it well). You could only see the stormy snow and the stranger coming out of it. There is also his hand shown and within his palm that orb i mentioned.
    I think the military were behind them and it's possible the stranger was an alien.

I googled a lot but couldn't find something. If I could find a pic from glitterball I think I could remember the strangers face or better, maybe someone of you already know what i am looking for.

thanks for support
    Last edited by david d; March 22nd, 2007 at 07:37 AM.

thank you though...

Quote Originally Posted by B5B7 View Post
    I don't know if this is the show you are thinking of, but there was a short medieval series made in 1990's called 'Covington Cross'.
    i forgotten about that show as well... my poor memory... thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by mnguyen0050 View Post
    there was a tv show on tv ...a short series in the 90's.... about these people back in the days of kings and queens ..... i only watched a few times because i was little and had a bed time... but in the first show or pilot and during the opening credits the guy is being held by a guard and the kings is getting ready to kill hem with a sword and at the last second the kings daughter and the guys girlfriend steps in front of him and the dad/king kills her instead. they then punch the boyfrind and leave her and the guy together on the ground thus starting his campaign to rid the world of evil. please please PLEASE help me to get this one ....its been on my mind for years and i would really like to see it again
    I seem to remember a Wizards and Warriors type show that sounds similar...didn't last long. :LINK TO TV.COM:

DAVID D - Could it have been "STARMAN" with the guy from the airplane movies and a male kid...

i FINALLY figured it out,,,,,,

and with out further delay... it ......was......."ROAR"... with heath freckin ledger...... wanna know how i figured it out...... i rented a movie called The Departed that recently came out cause there wasnt anything else at blockbuster...... the girl in the movie looked really familiar so i google her on IMDB and bam "Roar" from the 90's came up ... thus the following of one all-over-the-plase thought , the internet , and a couple of helpful sffworld peeps help a gal out ... thank you all

Blog Entries
    I don't know if this is a film or a book, but I always remember hearing the line "seasons of mist and mellow fruitfulness." in it.

I forget where I heard it, apart from John Keats' poem "Ode to autumn."

Can anyone help me out?

Smile Need help identifying a movie!

This movie was made in the late 60s/early 70s, in color. From what I remember, it was possibly about vampires and there was a little girl riding a bus through some wicked village, very dark and spooky. When she arrives at her destination, it appeared to be a school where the headmistress is speaking with the little girl and they are in a room with a large mirror. The headmistress casts no reflection and I believe that's when the little girl becomes frightened...this is how I arrived at the assumption this is a vampire flick.

Any help would put my brain-racking to rest!!! Thanks!

I need help recalling a movie

The film would have been from the 1970's or early 1980's I think. I remember that it was in color. The highlights I can remember from the movie involve a family living in a house in the middle of nowhere. I presume they are in the desert. Some of the events of the movie involve some (claymation?) monsters battling it out hand to hand at night. One event that really stuck out in my mind was a (tiny) spaceship that was floating about the house. This would have been toward the end of the movie. The end of the movie had the family walking through the desert and coming to the outskirts of a very futuristic looking city. There may have been other spaceships in the movie. It seems to me that there were but I cannot recall 100%.

The only title that I can bring to mind seems like it was "The people that time forgot" or something very simllar but of course, that is not correct. Though I would swear that the word 'time' is in the title.

I am pulling my hair out over this one. Thanks for any help.

Back in the late 1960's or early 1970's, there was either a movie or a TV-series that centered around a group of seven people who were killed in a plane crash in Tibet and then brought back to life by some good Samaritan monk in a remote, unheard-of monastary. Now, unable to die, these seven were sent off to fight the forces of evil....

It was a British production and I'm not sure if it was a movie or TV-series but I haven't been able to find any info on it anywhere.

I would love to find out what it was....

Earthman1
    boyo - that sounds a lot like 'The Champions' - however there were only three of them (heroes that is). It was a TV series.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes it was. It is available on DVD, in the UK anyway:

LINK HERE.

I have a set and remember it from the 1960's. It's not dated well, but can be undemanding fun.

Hobbit
    Mark