Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

ooooldie

...time to register and finally ask the question...

...not that clear on the plot, all I remember was this was a science fiction movie - probably from the 60's -anyway, very violent flick and somehow some of the characters, presumably the 'aliens/andriods' have some part of their 'heart/circulatory system' in ther arms - -so when they are hit in the arms etc, very bloody...

- so the images in my mind from this / when I was young / is very bloody scenes, and for some reason, trays of eyeballs for them/the andriods etc...

- - not much to go on, well, if anyone has any ideas, much appreciated...

I've been trying to solve this for years...

Quote Originally Posted by markqc View Post
    ...time to register and finally ask the question...

...not that clear on the plot, all I remember was this was a science fiction movie - probably from the 60's -anyway, very violent flick and somehow some of the characters, presumably the 'aliens/andriods' have some part of their 'heart/circulatory system' in ther arms - -so when they are hit in the arms etc, very bloody...

- so the images in my mind from this / when I was young / is very bloody scenes, and for some reason, trays of eyeballs for them/the andriods etc...

- - not much to go on, well, if anyone has any ideas, much appreciated...

I've been trying to solve this for years...

For some reason from the eyeball description I immediately though of The Time Travelers
    There is a scene where a woman hands one of the characters a tray of eyeballs and he says (straight to camera) "...and I though I was giving her the eye..." It was supposed to be funny.

Does that help?

vlcsnap-496823 by the_junk_monkey, on Flickr

Android-107 by the_junk_monkey, on Flickr
    Last edited by JunkMonkey; February 12th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
    For some reason from the eyeball description I immediately though of The Time Travelers
    There is a scene where a woman hands one of the characters a tray of eyeballs and he says (straight to camera) "...and I though I was giving her the eye..." It was supposed to be funny.

Does that help?
    -thanks appreciate it...

- got me thinking - - possible - - although I don't remember that specific scene - as for the eyes, somehow I have this image of a cart being pushed with many eyes on it

OK - - I watched parts of that - - doesn't look like that's it - - but will have to watch the entire movie to be sure...

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE though - - this was a science fiction flick - -I think early 80's - - seem to remember this quartet of characters in a post apocalyptic world - 'orangeish' look to it - - they struggle for survival

Quote Originally Posted by robotmilk View Post
    I need help remembering a movie or made for tv movie from the 80s. It had a guy in a robot suit fighting another guy in a newer robot suit, and at the end one of them drowns in a white liquid while in his suit. oh and I think the robot suits run on the white liquid.

its The Vindicator [1986]

Alchemist

Really old show...

It took place in a castle I'm pretty sure, there was this glittery darkness that was kind of alive trying to catch everybody, it was coming up from the dungeon/basement/whatever, 2 people managed to escape on a carpet I think. The whole thing was animated, and it was at least 5 years old. Sorry I'm kind of vague lol. I've been trying to find out about this show for years.

Edit: Might have been a movie, but I'm not sure
    Last edited by Zsashas; March 10th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Question One Film - No Trace

Good day!
    /maybe you can help us/

There are many people in Russia who are 30-40 years old now and who remember one film from the 80th but cannot even find out its name and origin country. The film is based on the Hauff's fairy tale "The Dwarf Nose". Also we know that once Andrew Lang has published his "The Violet Fairy Book", which contains "The History of Dwarf Long Nose" where the hero's name is Jem (http://mythfolklore.net/andrewlang/063.htm - without any reference on Hauff).
    It's most like a TV-production: a film, a play, a short serial or an episode of some serial, - but it isn't an animation.
    For the present we've dug up 12 (twelve) TV- and screen versions of that tale except cartoons. These are:

1) ZWERG NASE 1921 (AUSTRIA) - b/w movie
    Astoria-Film
    Dir.: Heinz Hanus, Ladislaus Tuszynski

2) ZWERG NASE 1924 (DEUTSCHLAND) - b/w movie
    Fritz Bettge-Film (Berlin)

3) ZWERG NASE 1953 (BRD) - b/w movie
    Schongerfilm GmbH
    Dir.: Francesco Stefani

4) ZWERG NASE 1955 (BRD) - b/w puppet film
    Augsburger Puppenkiste
    Dir.: Fritz Umgelter, Ekkehard Bohmer

5) ZWERG NASE 1958 (DDR) - colour movie
    DDR Fernsehen Produktionen
    Dir.: Hans-Gunther Bohm

6) KARLIK NOS 1970 (USSR) - b/w TV-play
    Dir.: Galina Orlova

7) ZWERG NASE 1978 (DDR) - colour TV-film
    Deutscher Fernsehfunk
    Dir.: Karl-Heinz Bahls

8) ZWERG NASE 1980 (AUSTRIA) - b/w movie
    ORF-Production
    Dir.: Johannes Hoflehner

9) O NOSATE CARODEJNICI 1984 (CSSR) - colour TV-film
    Dir.: Jana Pokorna

10) ZWERG NASE 1986 (DDR) - colour puppet film
    DEFA-Studio fur Trickfilme
    Dir.: Katja Georgi

11) ZWERG NASE 4 Fauste fur ein Zauberkraut 2006 (DEUTSCHLAND) - colour TV-film (parody)
    Medienfonds GFP, Rat Pack Filmproduktion GmbH
    Dir.: Cyrill Boss, Philipp Stennert

12) ZWERG NASE 2008 (DEUTSCHLAND) - colour movie
    Kinderfilm, Moviepool, Bayerischer Rundfunk
    Dir.: Felicitas Darschin

- And none of them is what we're seeking.
    Why do we want this film? - because of the strong childish impressions after viewing that. It was greatly realistic, horrable and charming performance at the same time. We remember very gloomy and hopeless atmosphere of the film; generally slow action going like through slight mist; covered counters on the market place; human heads in the basket; the squirrels with half-nutshells on their feet. The witch was frightful and sinister. The dwarf with big hooked nose was ugly, fearful and miserable (actor Fritz Wepper resembles him: http://i15.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0213/...7223d19e56.jpg).
    Certainly it would be looked not so thrilling for us today, but it's strange (somebody says "mystic") that we haven't found the film so far. Supposedly it was produced between 1970 and 1985 years and could be named "The Legend of Enchanted Jacob", "Jacob The Long Nose", "Magic Herb" or somehow else.

PLEASE help us to find the film from our childhood.

Thanks.

I presume from that list that you have worked through his entry in the IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0369244/

Thanks for response.

The IMDb list is checked/rechecked out many many times. Generally speaking IMDb is not the fullest database (especially it concerns TV plays and movies).

My appeal is firstly addressed to the people who have seen the Film formerly 'cause it's very hard to forget that.
    Last edited by dwarfln; March 12th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Looking for Sci Fi films that need distribution. Established film distribution company with background in all forms of media is creating a new label just for SF films. Looking for any and all films that need distribution. Does not matter what phase of distribution you are in, we can lend a hand!

good evening every one
    i just need help i can't remember the name of this tv show it was about that girl i think her father was some kind of demon i don't remember and she ran away from him searching for her mum who was human, she also has powers like her dad, but she was trying to hide them to fit in school, and that's all i remember, anyone help please?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgirl_95 View Post
    good evening every one
    i just need help i can't remember the name of this tv show it was about that girl i think her father was some kind of demon i don't remember and she ran away from him searching for her mum who was human, she also has powers like her dad, but she was trying to hide them to fit in school, and that's all i remember, anyone help please?
    This sounds like it might be Hex? I'm not entirely sure. Sounds interesting though!

It is thank u

I've actually been looking for an urban fantasy. I'm not sure anything about it - I only saw it for sale in a store and forgot the name of it. There was about 6 people on the season 1 box cover, a male and female front and centre. I believe it involved police that looked for the supernatural, and I think it started with an "A". Unfortunately I can't find anything fitting this description.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? I don't think it's Lost Girl, which I'm currently watching, but it seemed thematically similar.

80's tv pilot, mixed fantasy genres

Hi, reg'd just to see if I can get this answered!

This was a TV show on one of the big three networks in the US, Northeast region, in the 80's (probably early to mid).

It was a fantasy genre-bender, with what I remember having aliens/spaceships, and also knights/castles, and posibly also cowboy-type characters.

I'm pretty sure it only ran a few ep's, maybe a pilot and a few shows. I also seem to recall this was a pet project of one of the big directors of the day -George Lucas comes to mind, but it might have been Speilberg or someone of similar stature.

Lastly, I remember a part of an episode that had the king being poisoned by one of the baddies, and the doctor, a middle-aged black man, tells him that it is a slow painful death, so the king asks to be euthanized by the doctor, an the doctor proceeds to perform "The Lion's Roar", which is this tremendous roar that kills you, and he kills the king with it.

WTH is this show! Any help would be much appreciated - also if it exists anywhere to be seen again. Thanks to all.