Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

I Need Help Remembering this show!

Everyone thinks I am crazy, but I know this is a show! I remember it was a kid's show on either the Disney channel or Nickelodeon. It was around the 80's. The same time as care bears, pound puppies, adventures of the gummi bears, and eureeka's castle. back then. anyway, it was NOT animated, i think it was puppets and real people. Ok I remember at least one parrot. They lived in a house and they could talk like real people. i remember like a stair railing and a picture of a tree in the opening sequence. Ring any bells? They lived in this lady's house i think. please let me know if you know what i am talking about!! thanx!

Zsinj, that had to be "Space Rangers"! Six episodes were ordered by CBS while only 4 ran in The U.S. I guess it was more popular in Australia where all six episodes ran, but that was it.

I remember that it seemed to have potential, but was axed before it could put down any roots. I remember thinking it would have been better to have taken the "Space" out of it and just call it "Rangers", but being nobody, I wasn't consulted.

(Posts by Boyo are worth exactly what you paid for them: nothing times nothing equal nothing. Any frustration caused by these posts can be relieved by attempting to acquire the square root of zero on a nearby calculator and then smashing it into small pieces when it refuses to admit such a thing exists...)

Okay here's a couple more for ya, these may prove to be a bit more tricky.
    When I was little, I remember watching a detective show with my folks and it involved this detective that was always after this villain who was hideously ugly. He was so ugly in fact, that he scared the living crap outta me. He had like a bald head, with long hair trailing down in the back, and he had a weird almost beak-like nose. A close up of his face once scared me so bad in fact, that I passed out! I was thinking at first it was the old tv show Hunter, but I watched that show when it reaired on TNT about seven years ago and there was no sign of that ugly old bastard that gave me nightmares. Maybe he showed up in another season later on?
    I also remember another detective show in which yet another villain scared me while watching it as a kid; all I remember is that there was this villain named Shadowman and his shadow was dancing on the wall of a dance club, but his body was nowhere in sight. That scared the crap outta me when I saw it. I wanna say it was the show Equalizer, but my dad said that was one of his favorite shows and he didn't remember any villain like that on the show.
    Can anybody help?
    Oh and by the way, Space Rangers was absolutely right, thank you Boyo!

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    I've got one to ask. I find a TV shows called Star Cops the other day and thought it was a program I used to watch in the 90s, about police officers in the future and/or on another planet.

I can't remember much, I think 2 or maybe 3 human police officers were chosen to become part of some intergalatic police force. I remeber two guys, one older with short blond hair and one younger with longish brown hair. I'm sure there was a human women too.

It was before CGI and so the effects where all model work and sometimes ended up looking a bit like Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet.

Any ideas?

Wulfa, I believe you're talking about Gerry Anderson's "Space Precinct", or at least I think that's the name of it. As with most of Anderson's series, it lasted for just one season, or series, of 22-episodes.

Here in the States, it was usually scheduled late at night, after midnight, and garnered little, if any interest.

I saw a few episodes, but I found it rather banal and uninteresting, which surprised me, as I had enjoyed most of his previous work. The efx were late '70's, early '80's, which again surprised me since Gerry's efx work had previously been cutting edge. Of course, it's likely I was just spoiled by the work on Star Trek: TNG and such.

Hope I was of some help!

(Posts by Boyo are worth exactly what you paid for them and if you made more than 3x nothing, then you were charged too much. Multiply that amount by any bizarre amount that pops into your head and send that along in small bills.)
    Last edited by boyo; September 21st, 2007 at 07:39 AM.

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    Wulfa, I believe you're talking about Gerry Anderson's "Space Precinct", or at least I think that's the name of it. As with most of Anderson's series, it lasted for just one season, or series, of 22-episodes.
    That'll explain why it looks like Thunderbirds then! I had a feeling it was a Jim Henson project, but I must have been getting the two confused!

Yes it was indeed Space Precinct. I can't really remember if it was good or bad, but it was shown in the UK on BBC2 during the 6 - 7 slot that they used to show stuff like Star Trek. I'm pretty sure I would have watch it all as back then I'd watch any Sci-Fi stuff.

Need help!

Hey theres 2 things ive been racking my brain forever trying to find them .
    #1: I think its British a movie in the 80s or early 90's where a Boy Goes into a portal a swirly portal I think and then he turns into an annimated boy and some wizard or something teaches him math as he goes through this adventure and theres a spot with a ton of crazy stairs and he has to move a pile of sand with a pair of tweezers.

2#: is some british show and all I can remember is the word ZAAAP and some french painter painting things with some catchy french music or something............

Help needed remembering cartoon title.

Hi, my first visit/post here, you guys are quite knowledgeable from what I've read, so I hope someone can help.

I'm certain this was an early morning 80's show, between 5-7am and most likely shown at the weekend on either BBC2 or CH4.

What I can remember is that there was a boy, whose name I can't remember, whose mission it was to bring the four different coloured people of the earth together. The boy had a mermaid friend called Serena, who was imprisoned under the water by a sea-witch, and the sea-witch had 3 'flunkies', again can't remember their names, but one of them had dreams about the boy. One of the main themes of this cartoon was the flunkies could 'transmogrify' ordinary creatures and turn them into monsters to try and stop the boy completing his mission. Also, the boy had 4 lives.

This show came on at around the same time period as another cartoon called 'Blue, Child of the Earth' or 'Bleu, Les Enfents de la Terre'
    Last edited by islingt0n; September 27th, 2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo in title

ZZZap!

Landpirate - I think the show you are thinking about is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZZZap!

Haha yeah thats it thanks!!! now to find the other one.

Exclamation Trying to find this animated movie

There are 2 animated movies from the 80s that I am trying to get the names for...

The first is about a fantasy warrior that is on a quest to save the world from darkness and he has to kill a shadow character to win. There are forest and castle scenes. It was a TV movie. He actually gets injured by the shadow character.

The second is an animated movie, maybe Disney or by Buena Vista, about a cowboy who goes out to San Francisco and is shanghaied by a crew of asian pirates (I think his name was Justin Morgan). At the beginning he is on a farm riding his horse and the adult horse has a colt.

Please help.
    Thanks, please email thoughts to jdtrager@gmail.com

Reg. Prof. of Chronology SheepSalesman's Avatar
    Various times and places thoughout the history of mankind...
    Quote Originally Posted by sopranobabe06 View Post
    Everyone thinks I am crazy, but I know this is a show! I remember it was a kid's show on either the Disney channel or Nickelodeon. It was around the 80's. The same time as care bears, pound puppies, adventures of the gummi bears, and eureeka's castle. back then. anyway, it was NOT animated, i think it was puppets and real people. Ok I remember at least one parrot. They lived in a house and they could talk like real people. i remember like a stair railing and a picture of a tree in the opening sequence. Ring any bells? They lived in this lady's house i think. please let me know if you know what i am talking about!! thanx!
    The show you're looking for was called "Under the Umbrella Tree"

Here's one that's got me stumped. i remember it as a Disney show in the early 90's. I don't remember much of the plot, but it was live action, set in a basement/tech lab looking deal, and featured a large, rectangular robot with skateboards instead of feet. Anyone?

-SS
    Last edited by SheepSalesman; October 9th, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepSalesman View Post
    The show you're looking for was called "Under the Umbrella Tree"

Here's one that's got me stumped. i remember it as a Disney show in the early 90's. I don't remember much of the plot, but it was live action, set in a basement/tech lab looking deal, and featured a large, rectangular robot with skateboards instead of feet. Anyone?

-SS

Is the show you're referring to called "Wake, Rattle, and Roll"?

I myself have a couple of others for you folks. I remember when I was little, in the morning and afternoon on PBS, there was a bunch of kid-oriented shows that I used to watch. They were all educational, as PBS is centered around. They were both live action, and one of them had this freaky looking guy that looked like David Koresh and had this almost Bozo-type hairdo. He looked like he could be a child molester or something. I remember this one episode where he got his feet stuck in cement, which freaked me out.
    And then there was another show, where the protagonist was this kid that I think was a paperboy or something, and the villain was this guy that looked kind of like Anton LaVey with hair, and he had a sinister, evil laugh. I seem to remember this one episode when he was playing a game of poker with a bunch of demons.
    I also remember this live action kids series that used to be on in the mid-90s on FOX and it was during the time when kids shows and Saturday morning cartoons were going through Power Rangers mania, so to speak. There was of course the Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, Superhuman Samarai Cyber Squad, and this one that I'm trying to remember. The protagonist wore an armored battlesuit and helmet which I think was insectlike. I think he fought solo, I don't think there was any team he was on.

Question

I have show that I have been hunting fer years. THis show used to come BEFORE Eureka's Castle and after David the Gnome. All I can remember it that it involved these fuzzy characters in whihc one has some messed up teeth. also before the show starts there is a seqeunce where a city appears from the bottom and the form the top of the screen accompanied by bells I believe. What is the name of this show.

Question does anyone know this movie?

when reminiscing about the past, I recalled a childhood movie that i particularily enjoyed.

It was an annimated movie of the 90's. It was about a little girl that recieved a gold ring from her grandmother that helped her get out of danger by guiding her with a golden thread projecting from the ring itself.

She is captured by some underground creatures and is asked to marry one of the leaders but needs to escape and does so by using the ring's thread to guide her out. She also had a great singing voice; singing drove the creatures back.

I believe it was british but i'm not sure.

please help me remember.