Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    I remember sometime in early 2000 watching this cartoon series on FOX on Saturday mornings that, from what I remember ended up being very short-lived and was on along with the Escaflowne series. It was set on a post-apocalyptic earth where science was forbidden and replaced with magic. Could anyone help?

not sure

can anybody PLEASE tell me the name of a late 60s early 70s sci fi/horror tv show that started out with a whistling tune with an eerie bass sound and a big pendulum swing at an amusement park?

i found the answer after 4hrs on the net.
    it was journey to the unknown
    Last edited by wain_poo; January 6th, 2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: i found the answer

Please guys and gals - help an old SFFer find this film. I've scoured the web and no luck but maybe one of you Childs of the 80s can help...

This film I simply remember loving. I'm pretty sure it was an 80s film and all I can recall is the ending where they're stuck in a ski-lift and it starts swaying as they either get it on or have a party (yup, memories that hazey) - I'm also sure Shannon's "Let the Music Play" was the closing credits too...

Anyone? Someone? Help!!

Solaar
    seeking

Quote Originally Posted by landpirate97 View Post
    Haha yeah thats it thanks!!! now to find the other one.

#1: I think its British a movie in the 80s or early 90's where a Boy Goes into a portal a swirly portal I think and then he turns into an annimated boy and some wizard or something teaches him math as he goes through this adventure and theres a spot with a ton of crazy stairs and he has to move a pile of sand with a pair of tweezers.

The Movie is called "The Phantom Tolbooth" 1961

Pbs

There was a television kids show on PBS in the 80's that had a woman and man probably in their late 30's early 40's. She was a blonde with short hair and dressed in a long red late 1800's dress with a black hat, he wore a pirate outfit, had brown hair, parted it down the middle and feathered it back. He had a thick mustache and spoke with a gruff voice like a pirate. He called her "lady". I can't remember what she called him. If I remember correctly they were stuck on an island and the map they had gave them clues to letter sounds and objects with those sounds. Loved that show....was gonna look it up and can't remember the name. Any help?

Question please help!

Oh my god I have been trying to figure out the name of this movie for what feels like 10 years.

The only things I can remember from it are:

It's from the late 80's or early 90's.
    There is a young girl with purple hair who befriends some sort or alien girl.
    The alien girl has two dots on the side of her forehead.
    The purple haired girl takes the alien girl home to live with her, her brother & mom.
    There are two men dressed in black that are after the alien girl.

That is pretty much it. Thanks!

Question Question please help!

i have a very vague recollection of this cartoon. not sure when it was made. but i watched it in the 80's. it wasn't on tv that i know of. we used to rent the video. i think they were short cartoons. from what i can remember there was a man who lived in a house in the middle of nowhere. may have been on a hill. one of the episodes he fell asleep and was dreaming he was lying on his bed flying in the night sky and objects were flying past him. i think there may have been horns or trumpets. and another episode i think had to do with a christmas tree and the star on top of it. please help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattplett4 View Post
    i have a very vague recollection of this cartoon. not sure when it was made. but i watched it in the 80's. it wasn't on tv that i know of. we used to rent the video. i think they were short cartoons. from what i can remember there was a man who lived in a house in the middle of nowhere. may have been on a hill. one of the episodes he fell asleep and was dreaming he was lying on his bed flying in the night sky and objects were flying past him. i think there may have been horns or trumpets. and another episode i think had to do with a christmas tree and the star on top of it. please help thanks
    that is one of the most vague descriptions ever.

Teddy Ruxbin?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Andols View Post
    that is one of the most vague descriptions ever.

Teddy Ruxbin?
    good job dumbass. i said it was vague already.

Looking for a title of a film

Okay so this is a long shot...It may hav been a film on tv so i dont even know if it'd be on video or dvd...AND i cannot even remember the name OR any of the actors...

The plot was...

There was a not so pretty girl with big unattractive glasses, curly hair...an aunt who was a waitress. She worked on a farm/horse range place. The main guy in the film trained up a "snobby" blonde girl who would win the ribbons at the dressage horse shows etc but then this snobby girl quits on the trainer....thus starts the love story betwean the not so pretty girl and the trainer when she decides to try out to be in the horse show...she ends up getting a makeover and they fall for eachother...

i cant remember any more...the way its made sorta makes m think of those mid day movies...that sorta feel.

it may have been a canadian film...or american...of the 80's...maybe 70's but i reckon 80's...

its a long shot but thought i'd give it a go and ask!!!

Thanks
    Beth

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    Does any remember...

It was one of the cool childrens supernatural dramas that used to appear on the BBC and ITV during the 70s and 80s. This one may have been in the 90s or a repeat of something from one of the decades above.

I can't remember much about it, other than one of the things it featured was a drummer boy in some caves below a ruined castle/manor house.

While I am on this subject, anyone remember any other supernatural serials aimed at children? Wonder why they don't do that stuff any more - even things like the Demon Head Master.

Alright. It was sort of like Power Rangers. I remember that much. There was a princess too. She had red hair, and gold armor. I think it was on Kids WB!
    Something Warriors.

Blog Entries
    I saw a movie last night and I really want to know what it was called.
    I didn't see it the whole way through though.

It was about thig group of people went to stay up in a log cabin in the country. They were just sitting round when a man knocked on their door, and asked them for help. He looked like Freddy Krugger and he was bleeding heavily. One guy, who had seen the man earlier, told him to clear off, but the man simply got into the group's car. They started freaking out, and began attacking the man, hitting him. Eventually they set him on fire by accident and he died. However he ran to the resevoir whilst on fire, and died in the water. Anyway, one of the girls ended up bleeding the same way as the man had. She started off feeling sick, and a few hours later, her legs were covered in blood. The rest of the group stuck her out into the shed, since she was infected. Then another guy got it and drove off since they were all arguing, and because the girl who had it was having a coughing fit, vomiting blood. He went to the town to get a doctor, but the shopkeeper's son decided to bite the guy's hand for no apparent reason, simply yelling "pancakes," doing karate and then biting him. (that part was hilarious.) Anyway the boy's dad told the guy he didn't want his son getting sick, so he tried to shoot him, but the guy escaped. Meanwhile back at the house another girl had gotten the disease, and started freaking out. She went outside, covered in blood and ended up being ate alive by a dog, who I think belonged to the Freddy Krugger guy. then the dog started eating the girl in the shed, and one of the guys shot the dog.
    The guy who went for help was shot by the shopkeeper who followed him, the guy who shot the dog shot the men who followed him, and he got the disease as well.
    Basically they all died. It was so weird.

Star Wars fans

I'm trying to find a movie that I only saw the previews for. It was a comedy about a bunch of guys who decide to go to California to steal a copy of the new Star Wars movie. It looked really funny but I can't find it.

Cliffhanger?

Quote Originally Posted by Julusnc View Post
    Okay.I have come to ask about a television series from the 1970's.When I was 5-6 years old in the mid-1970's I remember one of the BIG 3 tv stations showed a revolving order Sci-Fi series about a cowboy finding his way into a underground society that was 100 of years ahead in technology.If I remember correctly it was NBC and one of the other tv shows in the rotation was Dracula.

Thank You for any and all help finding the answer to my question.
    There was a show on TV in the late seventies or early eighties that I believe was called Cliffhanger. It featured three serialized stories, running in a staggered fashion, so that at none of the stories were ever resolved in the same episode. These stories were much like the old serials that were shown in movie theaters an age ago. Anyway, I do remember one of the stories being about cowboys battling an evil organization that lived underground with the entrance being through a hidden cave.