Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    This is my first time here so forgive me I have no clue what I'm doing but I've been searching for this tv series I think it's possible it could be a movie, I don't know. I believe it might be early or mid nineties I vaguely remember seeing it very young. It had kids in it but it was a very creepy show for someone at a young age. I think it was science fiction kind of creepy horror and I couldn't tell much about the occurances in the show but the intro had a boy flying through space, I think. Sorry for the vague description and I'm sure due to this no one will be able to tell me the title but I appreciate any ideas.

this has been bugging me for awhile i saw it when i was younger. so it was probaly made in the '90's but meby in the '80's. i don't remember much but it was about some boy who, i think worked in a pizza shop,and somehow he traveled to the past, from a genie lamp i think.and he landed into some arabian place. i know there was this girl a princess meby. and that their was a flying carpet and something about a cave and some treasure. to get into it i think he said open sesame. at the end i think the cave collapsed i remember a lot of sand and rocks falling on it.

thanks, liz

p.s.it is not anime

Whale movie

Quote Originally Posted by IFpigsFLY85 View Post
    Ok, I have searched and racked my brain for years and years about this movie. NO ONE on earth knows what I'm talking about, but I hope you will!!

It is and old animated movie I checked out from my library. I was born in '85 so I'm guessing it was an '8os movie. It was an "fhe" movie. I remembered three letters being drawn out in three different colors, and just last night a friend found her Pound Puppies movie and I saw the "fhe" symbol. I freaked and screamed and scared her half to death. This was my SECOND clue to finding this movie!

My first clue is what I remember about this movie, what little it is...

It is drawn like that of "The Hobbit." I like to call it old school animation. It is a fantasy I believe involving faries/elves? The main "guy" was blue and the scene I remember took place in a forest. The "bad guy" was this very large shadow that had a long nose and a jagged "crown" shape on his head. He moved among the forest, which was very dark, and the shadow casted upon the trees. I also remember his "scream" he had. It was loud and scary...

I HOPE TO GOD someone knows what I am talking about! I have searched for years for this movie and it would REALLY mean alot to me if I could find it!

While we are on the subject of old movies, haha, I have one more for you. I've read some of the threads and posts and you all seem VERY knowledgeable. I have NO clue when this movie was made, or ANYTHING about it except for this:

The movie was part animation and part "real." A girl with a yellow shirt with red jumper over it? could go into the ocean, that was when it turned into animation. She could talk to this huge whale sitting at the ocean floor...I think to try and save a "real" beached whale on shore...

It has been driving me crazy trying to figure out what that movie was!

Both of these movies I watched alot as a child and CANNOT for the life of me remember what they are. It would mean so much if anyone could tell me anything about them!

Thank you so much!
    David

The whale movie you're thinking of is part of a series called "Dot and the ___." It was about the little girl, half animated/half real actors, and different animals. In your case, the one you're thinking of is "Dot and the Whale."

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    This is really vague, so I apologise in advance, but it's been bugging me for a while!

There was a cartoon, I think in the mid 90s (I think), and there was a wizard, and I think two main protagonists - a male and a female. These two were, I think, bears or some other little cutesy things, while the wizard was a human.

I remember there was a white tower room with, I think, a crystal or a pool in the centre. This was the base of operations for the wizard (who was good, and sided with the protagonist and his girl).

The bad guys were, I think, a race of mountain-dwelling things, and were traditionally malevolent and slightly stupid. There may have been some crazy inventor amongst them? I really don't remember what these fellows looked like, but I imagine them something like goblins.

The two main characters, I want to describe them as green bears, but of course, they are probably nothing of the sort!

The cartoon was not that great, but I'm bugging out trying to remember this damn thing! Anyone can help me out, I'll be terribly grateful!
    No ideas at all? It still bugs me to this day.

Question I have a terrible memory and I'm only 22.... please, does anyone remember these?

Ok, I saw two movies in my early teens, And I can't remember what they were. One was an animated movie, that I had seen before when I was about 3. I know this because my mom told me when she saw me watching it when I was 13. But neither she nor I can remember it's name now. I don't remember much, but I'll give you what I know. I remember that it was animated. It was most likely made in the 80's or 90's(Very early 90's) since I was born in 85. There was something about a portal to another world, and I think a little boy or girl, I think more it was a boy than a girl. In the portal, there was a paradise type of world with flowers and waterfalls and there were these magical rainbow colored fuzzy things. They spoke I think. But I don't remember much else. I asked mom today if she remembered and she thought and she said maybe the Wuzzles, but I looked and there's not it, though their the right colors.

The next movie I saw around 2 AM when I was 12 I thing(I was home schooled and had trouble sleeping)I was watching Vault Disney I thing-I like movies from the 50's, 60's and 70's and I liked this. I can't remember much about it though. It was live action, There was a man and a roman(I think it was a romance) The man and his friend were art thieves I think and she had a painting they wanted... I think, It might have been Dean Jones, or someone around his build and with a similar voice. The painting was a field of sunflowers, It was like almost this guys height and there were other paintings, but I can't remember much more, he was a good guy I think and ended up saving the woman... but I could be wrong.

It's really driving me crazy when I can remember vague things from a movie but I can't remember the darn things' name. Please, Can anyone help?!?

Question I have a terrible memory and I'm only 22.... please, does anyone remember these?

sent more than one because my computer acted up. sorry
    Last edited by windeen; March 21st, 2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: sent more than one because my computer acted up. sorry

sent more than one because my computer acted up. sorry
    Last edited by windeen; March 21st, 2008 at 02:29 AM. Reason: sent more than one because my comp acted up. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by EmD View Post
    This is my first time here so forgive me I have no clue what I'm doing but I've been searching for this tv series I think it's possible it could be a movie, I don't know. I believe it might be early or mid nineties I vaguely remember seeing it very young. It had kids in it but it was a very creepy show for someone at a young age. I think it was science fiction kind of creepy horror and I couldn't tell much about the occurances in the show but the intro had a boy flying through space, I think. Sorry for the vague description and I'm sure due to this no one will be able to tell me the title but I appreciate any ideas.
    Erie Indiana. The bit you're thinking of is Marshall falling thru space at the beginning during the opening credits.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101088/

Bout time I got one of these!

Solaar
    no one's found his though

Quote Originally Posted by Princess-Shadow View Post
    I saw a movie last night and I really want to know what it was called.
    I didn't see it the whole way through though.

It was about thig group of people went to stay up in a log cabin in the country. They were just sitting round when a man knocked on their door, and asked them for help. He looked like Freddy Krugger and he was bleeding heavily. One guy, who had seen the man earlier, told him to clear off, but the man simply got into the group's car. They started freaking out, and began attacking the man, hitting him. Eventually they set him on fire by accident and he died. However he ran to the resevoir whilst on fire, and died in the water. Anyway, one of the girls ended up bleeding the same way as the man had. She started off feeling sick, and a few hours later, her legs were covered in blood. The rest of the group stuck her out into the shed, since she was infected. Then another guy got it and drove off since they were all arguing, and because the girl who had it was having a coughing fit, vomiting blood. He went to the town to get a doctor, but the shopkeeper's son decided to bite the guy's hand for no apparent reason, simply yelling "pancakes," doing karate and then biting him. (that part was hilarious.) Anyway the boy's dad told the guy he didn't want his son getting sick, so he tried to shoot him, but the guy escaped. Meanwhile back at the house another girl had gotten the disease, and started freaking out. She went outside, covered in blood and ended up being ate alive by a dog, who I think belonged to the Freddy Krugger guy. then the dog started eating the girl in the shed, and one of the guys shot the dog.
    The guy who went for help was shot by the shopkeeper who followed him, the guy who shot the dog shot the men who followed him, and he got the disease as well.
    Basically they all died. It was so weird.
    Hey Princess - Shadow, the movie you are talking about is Cabin Fever. Group of teenagers rent out a log cabin for the weekend, they end up contracting this deadly virus and in the end the you're right the they all die but end up contaminating the main water supply for the surrounding area ... Strange, weird movie.

Help?!?!

Hi, you guys are amazingly knowledgeable about these things, so I thought I could ask here. I remember this tv show from late 80's/early 90's. It was real actors/human size puppet characters. The main girl was a human, teenager ish, with long blonde hair. Her name was Hope. She is in this strange world mostly a forest, I think she got trapped somehow and was now looking for a way out. She had some puppet friends, one was a bird with a t shirt and cap? There was a perfunctory evil person (can't remember gender) in a castle who wore blue/black robes, I think they had a cauldron and some sort of hunchbacked hench-creature.
    My sister and I used to watch it all the time, we only had 3 channels growing up so it was on CBC, ATV or Global (called MITV back then) watched it on Saturdays with the usual children's lineup. Neither of us can remember what it was called, and I've been trying on and off for years to find it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by windeen View Post
    Ok, I saw two movies in my early teens, And I can't remember what they were. One was an animated movie, that I had seen before when I was about 3. I know this because my mom told me when she saw me watching it when I was 13. But neither she nor I can remember it's name now. I don't remember much, but I'll give you what I know. I remember that it was animated. It was most likely made in the 80's or 90's(Very early 90's) since I was born in 85. There was something about a portal to another world, and I think a little boy or girl, I think more it was a boy than a girl. In the portal, there was a paradise type of world with flowers and waterfalls and there were these magical rainbow colored fuzzy things. They spoke I think. But I don't remember much else. I asked mom today if she remembered and she thought and she said maybe the Wuzzles, but I looked and there's not it, though their the right colors.

The next movie I saw around 2 AM when I was 12 I thing(I was home schooled and had trouble sleeping)I was watching Vault Disney I thing-I like movies from the 50's, 60's and 70's and I liked this. I can't remember much about it though. It was live action, There was a man and a roman(I think it was a romance) The man and his friend were art thieves I think and she had a painting they wanted... I think, It might have been Dean Jones, or someone around his build and with a similar voice. The painting was a field of sunflowers, It was like almost this guys height and there were other paintings, but I can't remember much more, he was a good guy I think and ended up saving the woman... but I could be wrong.

It's really driving me crazy when I can remember vague things from a movie but I can't remember the darn things' name. Please, Can anyone help?!?
    Don't know about the second, but the first show sounds like Rainbow Brite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsinj View Post
    Don't know about the second, but the first show sounds like Rainbow Brite.
    Thanks for that thought. But it's not it, the animation was different. Just slightly different, and none of the characters looked like that. They were just the same colors though. I remembered Rainbow Bright and checked that to be sure. I checked it when I checked on the Wuzzles. But they don't fit. It was a movie, not a TV series. I think it was an hour and a half long. But thanks for the try

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar

Show from the 80's/90?

Here's one I cant remember..

About a Family that steps into a Pyramid, and it sends them into a alternate/future earth. Police State.. Lasers in it, I remember the guns were kinda funny cause they were upside down..

Any ideas??

Keyoke

rockinboy
    This is a weird one, mostly because I have little to go on.

I saw a movie, when I was a kid, that freaked me out. And the only thing I remember about it was:

There was a family, or group, and a little girl was one of them. They were in a desert or somewhere, where the only thing around was a tree. And the little girl got to talking to a snake in the tree, that turned into a man. He told her that he could turn her into a star in the sky, if she wanted.

At the end of the movie, the little girl goes to the tree, where the snake bites her, and she dies. The family finds her.

I could've sworn the snake turned into Harry Dean Stanton, but if that were the case, I would've found it on imdb by now.

Thanks for any help!

British alien ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I was one of the 50 or so people who actually saw the movie when it was in the theaters
    Yes, my daughters enjoyed that film too and now wonder what it was. The little silver ball "ate" its way through an enormous quantity of food: through boxes of cereal, cans of beans.... A boy found it in a kitchen drawer, I believe, and followed it all over the place. The ball eventually found its way back to the mother alien ship. Anybody know anything about this story? Was it ever a book?