Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Godslayer III and/or James Clemens books

Anyone have an info on book three of James Clemens Godslayer books?

I just finished the first two and they are really quite good IMO. Writing is actually quite above average, and the the world and characters are also.

I'm impressed and anxious for the finale.

Also, any word on his previous books?

I have a feeling its a seven book series - so a while to go yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon F View Post
    I have a feeling its a seven book series - so a while to go yet!!
    Ah, not sure what made me think it was a trilogy. I'm plenty happy to hear it will be longer though.

No word on the next book?

Book Depository Junkie suupaabaka's Avatar
    The thing with these huge series is the waiting period. If you unwittingly start a series thinking it's a trilogy, and then find out there are more (what I did with Robert Jordan), you find there's a very, very long wait for gratification. I swear, if Jordan dies before finishing the Wheel of Time, I'll kill him!

Stephen Erikson is the exception to the rule. That man is a literary divinity.

Well, to answer your initial question, I'm not sure how many books are in the Godslayer series, but I'm fairly certain that the third one isn't complete yet. You can check out his website HERE.

Personally, I really like James Clemens work. He has a previous 5-volume fantasy series called "The Banned and the Banished" that I love. It uses a lot of fantasy tropes, but it's a very fun and dynamic adventure romp that I really enjoyed. The new Godslayer series has a pretty imaginative premise, but I thought the writing wasn't as compelling in it. Of course, I've only read Shadowfall so far.

And just to let you know, 'James Clemens' is a pen name. The author's real name is Jim Czajkowski and also writes contemporary action-adventure, thrillers with a touch of the supernatural under the name 'James Rollins'. I'd recommend "Amazonia", "Ice Hunt" and "Sandstorm". These novels are mostly standalone, though the past three all deal with Sigma Force as does his newest one, "The Judas Strain", which comes out in July. The books can be a little generic, but they're fast-paced, and pretty fun to read...

Robert

I was convinced it was a trilogy too, and sure that it said so on one of the books - sure enough, the back of book 2 says 'Praise for the Godslayer Trilogy' - I guess this isnt strictly accurate, then...

El-Prawno
    His previous series was really quite boring and sucked. It was full of cliches and uninteresting and predictable.
    His new series has been a whole notch up. But I really hope its not a long 7 book series.

I just finished reading 'Hinterland' last week. I enjoyed reading it although there was a lot of info-dumping which held things up. I'd be interested to see where it goes from here.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by suupaabaka View Post
    The thing with these huge series is the waiting period. If you unwittingly start a series thinking it's a trilogy, and then find out there are more (what I did with Robert Jordan), you find there's a very, very long wait for gratification. I swear, if Jordan dies before finishing the Wheel of Time, I'll kill him!

Stephen Erikson is the exception to the rule. That man is a literary divinity.

Looks like you're going to have to dig up Jordan then as the legendary writer went and selfishly popped his cloggs ... just as I was finishing the fantastic Wheel of Time ... but not all hope is lost. The last in the series is due to be published at some point next year, so I cannot wait for that!

As for James Clemens, the reason I actually found this site is because I'm about a 100 pages from the end and have just read the back which says its a trilogy. Am I the only one who continually chooses to read things that are yet unfinished???

I am now tempted to start trying out some of Raymond Feists stuff, starting with Magician ... can anyone recommend this or anything else???

I am now tempted to start trying out some of Raymond Feists stuff, starting with Magician ... can anyone recommend this or anything else???[/QUOTE]

i would highly recommend the 1st 2 Thomas Covenant trilogies by SRD. they are by far my favorites. too bad the 1st 2 books of the final chronicles that he is are quite sub par imo. i also heard good things about the Malzan Empire series by Stephen Erikson but i haven't read them yet (they are next on my list).

I have a feeling book 3 will be bad, since weren't books 1 and 2 published close to each other? Maybe he has too much time on his hands. Or, it's just long and I'm being overly cynical.

His website hasn't been updated since May 07, by the way. So, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere for information.
    Last edited by King Bonez Xx; August 15th, 2008 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Bonez Xx View Post
    I have a feeling book 3 will be bad, since weren't books 1 and 2 published close to each other? Maybe he has too much time on his hands. Or, it's just long and I'm being overly cynical.
    no, i agree. the 1st 2 books of the Final Chron. pale in comparison to the 1st 6 TC books. i think i heard that SDR was having financial problems which helped him to decide to write TC again. i was very disappointed in the ROE & FR after being very excited about them when i heard he was going to write them. i will read the final 2 to find out what happens but i most likely won't read them more than once.

FYI. James Clemens is also James Rollins. Rollins has been quit busy writing books. The New Indiana Jones book "The Crystal Skull" and "The Last Oracle" just came out. I've read most of Rollins books. I have not read Clemens books as of yet. Think I'll wait until I am sure how many books will be in this "Trilogy".

Quote Originally Posted by msmosser View Post
    FYI. James Clemens is also James Rollins.
    Wow I completely forgot about that, sadly enough. It certainly explains this delay.

Quote Originally Posted by msmosser View Post
    FYI. James Clemens is also James Rollins.
    Woah. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

xvart.