Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GSC book 3

This is the most recent info on book 3 of the Godslayer Chronicles by James Clemens.

" The working title for Book Three is “God-Sword”, but I doubt that will be the final title. Besides continuing the storyline, we'll be discovering much more about Laurelle, her past, and her perilous journey to a god hidden in the heart of a volcano. As to the number of books in the series, I have two trilogies plotted. “God-Sword” will finish the first arc (after Shadowfall and Hinterland), but then there will be a second trilogy of stories with many of the same characters."

to read more bout Jim go to http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.co...-wbonus-q.html

Arcelor
    Last edited by Arcelor; September 1st, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suupaabaka View Post
    The thing with these huge series is the waiting period. If you unwittingly start a series thinking it's a trilogy, and then find out there are more (what I did with Robert Jordan), you find there's a very, very long wait for gratification. I swear, if Jordan dies before finishing the Wheel of Time, I'll kill him!

Stephen Erikson is the exception to the rule. That man is a literary divinity.
    Did this ever come up during the inquest into Mr. Jordan's death?

Clemens is trying to do two trilogies in this world. He is in the process of writing the third one now. The reason it took so long between two and three is because there was a whole shake up at his publishing company and it took a while to get the whole contract thing ironed out for the third book.
    After this third one, he is going to pitch a second trilogy set in Myrillia which stars some of the same characters but on a whole new adventure. So hopefully the third one does good so the other trilogy gets picked up.

I am now tempted to start trying out some of Raymond Feists stuff, starting with Magician ... can anyone recommend this or anything else???[/quote]

I highly recommend Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series. Great reads.

Quote Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
    i would highly recommend the 1st 2 Thomas Covenant trilogies by SRD. they are by far my favorites. too bad the 1st 2 books of the final chronicles that he is are quite sub par imo. i also heard good things about the Malzan Empire series by Stephen Erikson but i haven't read them yet (they are next on my list).
    I have to disagree with you on the "sub par" nature of the newest Donaldson books. I'll agree that i'm disappointed that I'm reading a series entitled the Final Chronicles of Thomas Covenant but I'm not reading about Thomas Covenant. I think the biggest difference between the first two trilogies and this final one, is that Linden isn't nearly as good a character as Thomas was, and the story suffers from not having someone you give a crap about. But the writing seems there.

I read a quote of his in that he says he held off on writing these books because he didn't feel he was prepared to finish the series in the way he wanted. I have faith that the last two books will wrap up nicely.

and I've read a LOT of praise for Erikson, and I have to say, I was mildly disappointed with House of Chains... that book took me forEVER to get through; like wading through a muddy bog lol. The ending was alright, but it traumitized me so that I haven't read another of his books.

Smile Godslayer Book 3

I just saw James Rollins today at a signing for his new Sigma Force book and he said that he's finishing up the third book in a couple of months. He also mentioned something about a spinoff on the Banned and the Banished series. Keep your hopes up guys, he's coming through!!!

Feist is Rad

Quote Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
    I am now tempted to start trying out some of Raymond Feists stuff, starting with Magician ... can anyone recommend this or anything else???
    i would highly recommend the 1st 2 Thomas Covenant trilogies by SRD. they are by far my favorites. too bad the 1st 2 books of the final chronicles that he is are quite sub par imo. i also heard good things about the Malzan Empire series by Stephen Erikson but i haven't read them yet (they are next on my list).[/QUOTE]

start with Magacian. My least favourite of his books but it is the beginning and I wish I'd startes there. as long as I finished it. Mikedemia is an excellent world. There is an anawer foe almost any question about it. There's a character for everyone to align and invest in and all his characters and are well explored and their parts in the story are changed up regularly enough so as not to breed contempt.Please start at the beginning and explore Fiest's Mikedemia as it was revealed to us. . . And him I like to believe innit. I'm outta here like last year.

Oh and Tad Williams. The Dragon Bone Chair is supercool!!!!

Hey guys, first time poster but I have some bad news. I am friends with James Clemens (a.k.a James Rollins) on facebook. I have read everything by him under both names except for the godslayer 2 which I am actually starting as I type.

Anyway long story short, I sent him a message on facebook flat out asking that i heard he would be going back to Alasea(banned and banished) and that it would be great if he did because they were awesome books and I also asked him if godslayer was only 2 books since his other fantasy was 5(at the time i just had the godslayer books but had not read them. Any way I dont know if he is just being secretive but here is his response verbatim(he had emailed me back within 4 mins, i removed my name for privacy reasons):

"Hi *****,

Rumors are just rumors. So far, I have not done anything with the Witch' series. The Godslayer series has had some work but nothing planned this or next year.

Jim"

=[ Very sad response for me. I looked forward to both. Exact time of message was July 22, 2009 at 9:19pm. Looks like we have quite some time to wait. Makes me want to take this godslayer book slooooooooooooow. i read the first one in 3 days. i couldnt put it down.

Hi AtheistP3ace

That is indeed a little saddening, GSC-III is awaited upon by many fans, especially it will end the 1st trilogy in the series. I know it for a fact that James has been working on it & also that he has at least 3 books coming out under his Rollins name this year & perhaps next year as well.

I had read on his forum & its speculated he will publish it but not this year, It also depends on the publication house[ROC] Thanks for posting this bit about GSC-III.

Arcelor
    Last edited by Arcelor; October 15th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.

Raymond Feist

You should definately read Feist's stuff. He is my favorite author and I have read all his stuff tons of times. His earlier stuff (starting with Magician) is better, but I love it all. Also, make sure you read the triology he did with Janny Wurts...it takes place during the same time as the Rift War Saga, but on the other side of the rift.

You should definately read Feist's stuff. He is my favorite author and I have read all his stuff tons of times. His earlier stuff (starting with Magician) is better, but I love it all. Also, make sure you read the triology he did with Janny Wurts...it takes place during the same time as the Rift War Saga, but on the other side of the rift.

James Clemens has written 5 other books under the name of the banned and the banished series some characters may seem familiar to the books you have just read but the banned and banished series are really good i still enjoy reading them now and have started reading them again i reccomend you check them out realy enjoyable!!!

I've been waiting for the 3rd book of the Godslayer series to come out since I read book 2
    I can't find any information about if there actually will be a book 3 either. I've read this thread, I've checked on like, but at present this author just seems to be writing under his other name - Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by rune View Post
    I've been waiting for the 3rd book of the Godslayer series to come out since I read book 2
    I can't find any information about if there actually will be a book 3 either. I've read this thread, I've checked on like, but at present this author just seems to be writing under his other name - Rollins
    Hey Rune

I totally get what you mean, sadly this is one series which might take a while to be completed, James has indeed been prolific under his Rollins name however his Clemens books haven't always sold as well as he would have liked. The problem with this series was more so with the Publishers, they didn't promote the 2 books when they were released and then dilly-dallied with the release of the 3rd book.

When they did come around, Jim was severely caught up with his Rollins books as by then he had also started a YA series and written the Indiana Jones movie novelization. I had spoken to him about it and he said he' written some part of it however even he doesn't know when it will be released.

However he does want to see the series completed as there are still 4 more books to go[this series was plotted as 2 inter-connected trilogies] so God-Sword or GSC-III will technically complete the first arc and give us some closure to the series as well.

Mihir

Thanks for passing that one for me, I will keep hoping then Its a shame when you find a series you like it stops for a long time