Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Uh, Moderator

Thanks, Eventine! You'd think I'd know where my Door Within books are being sold. But every so often I get word, "Hey, Wayne, I'm in Germany, and guess what I found in a bookstore..."

Thanks again for letting me know. Now if my publisher would only pay for me to fly to Australia for a signing. {Sigh}

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    Thanks, Eventine! You'd think I'd know where my Door Within books are being sold. But every so often I get word, "Hey, Wayne, I'm in Germany, and guess what I found in a bookstore..."

Thanks again for letting me know. Now if my publisher would only pay for me to fly to Australia for a signing. {Sigh}
    one would think that they would do that to sell more of your books but what do i know of such things ...let me konw when your comeing to southern Cal ill be there

Anyone asks, I'm browsing Final Fantasy Debate. Awesome Website, dedicated to my favourite video game! :P

Writing More

Well, my sister and I are really into FanFiction. So I started writing a fanfic for the Door Within Trilogy. I for one think it's really bad but my sister is coming up with more suggestions. I recently thrust the books at her and she was finished reading all of them in 2 days, time. <---
    But my FanFic is pretty long and is really detailed, according to my sister. I wrote a lot of battle scenes and I've added a few twists of my own into the story. But I am really protective of my stuff and my sister is the only one is really has read it. (If you think my sister and I are close, you're nuts. We absolutly despise each other. Well, actually, we say we love each other so much we have to loath one another.) But I want more advice on it but I can't bring myself to let anyone else read it. I feel like a mix of pitiful and idoitic right now . I feel this way because there is no way I can get anymore advice on it unless I let someone read it but I won't because I don't want to be put down like I always am. What should I do?

~Lady Gwenne

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGwenne View Post
    Well, my sister and I are really into FanFiction. So I started writing a fanfic for the Door Within Trilogy. I for one think it's really bad but my sister is coming up with more suggestions. I recently thrust the books at her and she was finished reading all of them in 2 days, time. <---
    But my FanFic is pretty long and is really detailed, according to my sister. I wrote a lot of battle scenes and I've added a few twists of my own into the story. But I am really protective of my stuff and my sister is the only one is really has read it. (If you think my sister and I are close, you're nuts. We absolutly despise each other. Well, actually, we say we love each other so much we have to loath one another.) But I want more advice on it but I can't bring myself to let anyone else read it. I feel like a mix of pitiful and idoitic right now . I feel this way because there is no way I can get anymore advice on it unless I let someone read it but I won't because I don't want to be put down like I always am. What should I do?

~Lady Gwenne
    well i say put part of it up so we here can see it ..i can tell you i will not put your work down i know what it is like i doing my own story and if it will make you fell any better ill put up some of what i am going let me know what you think

Letting others see your work is THE risk for all artists. But it's also THE hope of all artists. You don't write in a vacuum. You don't write JUST to feed yourself. You write because you have a burden…a story to tell. If you don't tell it, no one will, or even worse: you may forget it altogether. If that happens, the one person out there who NEEDS to read what you've written will miss it. And what if that one person is not just one but many who need to hear the message you want to share? What then?

But about fanfiction, I understant the allure. Characters you know and love, who are so fully realized in your mind--you just go with it. Plots emerge, story unfolds, and you write a new chapter to a familiar story. But seriously, I believe it's better to take your ideas and apply them to something you've created--characters, setting, plot--everything. You've got it in you. What you thought was FanFiction might be your original plot waiting for you to create new characters to wear it and new places in which all the magic can happen.

Then...put that out there for people to read and evaluate. But give it to people you trust first--before you post it for all to see.

My .02

Anyone asks, I'm browsing Final Fantasy Debate. Awesome Website, dedicated to my favourite video game! :P

Thanks

Thanks, guys. But while writing my fanfiction, I was a bit stupid (it runs in my blood ) and only saved 1 chapter. The rest, as soon as I was done with them, I printed them off and didn't save. I know it wouldn't be that big of a problem retyping them, but first I just gotta find time. Besides, should I just post in the board? Or not?
    I'm really confused... But I'll try it anyway.

~Lady Gwenne

My FanFic

I'll only post a little and if you think it's okay, I might post a little more. I have 4 chapters, but I'm only posting the first part of the first chapter for right now.
    ~Lady Gwenne

First Part of the First Chapter

Chapter 1: Battles of Steel

Aidan watched from afar as his two best friends dueled. Antoinette swung her blade up to meet Robby’s broadsword. Robby spun himself around, aiming his blade toward Antoinette’s unguarded back. It took a moment for the sword maiden to realize what her opponent was doing. Her long red hair made a whipping sound as she turned herself around to race Robby. He leapt back from his attack, due to the fact that his strategy had failed because his target had caught on. Antoinette raced after him, swinging her thin blade randomly as she did. Aidan smiled. He wondered what would happen if he faced Antoinette again, now that she was more experienced with the sword. He remembered his nosebleed from the first time they had fought back in their world. After Antoinette and Robby had entered the Realm, Aidan could no longer claim to have had more skill then either of his friends. His thoughts began to fade and he looked back to his dueling companions. Robby was swinging his heavy weapon toward Antoinette’s side. She hopped to the right and drove her sword right at Robby’s neck. But the metal never hit. She held it, hovering just a few inches above the skin. Robby froze. It was only after Antoinette lowered her blade that he moved again.
    “Uh, nice move, there.” Robby commented as the two walked toward a silent Aidan.
    “Thanks. You really are quite skilled with your blade, as well. Not that I would know, though. Right?” Antoinette winked. She had fought Robby’s glimpse, Kearn, before. Before she had entered the Realm, Antoinette had been asked by Aidan to find Robby’s glimpse and turn him to the ways of King Eliam the Everlasting. Kearn, at the time, had been under the reign of Paragor. He had been the enemy’s right hand in command. Antoinette had followed him over hundred’s of legions, fighting and sparing his life more than two times. Kearn had grown to respect her for her skills with the sword by the time that some of Paragor’s soldiers, under Kearn’s orders, had captured Antoinette. Robby only discovered these memories when he had obtained all the memories Kearn had when Aidan, Antoinette, and himself had all died, by Paragor’s command, and had gone to the Sacred Realm Beyond the Sun. There, they were training and visiting lost ones who had fallen for their King.
    “Aidan? Are you alright?” Antoinette asked as they drew closer to their ally. Aidan seemed lost in thought. His eyes were clouded and he looked right past Antoinette. Robby and Antoinette both looked around, trying to follow Aidan’s train of sight, but saw nothing. They looked questioningly back at each other before turning to look at Aidan.
    Robby leaned over the fence that his friend leaned against and yelled in Aidan’s ear: “AIDAN!” Aidan blinked and looked at his friends. Then he shook his head violently as if returning to life from the dead.
    “Yeah? Oh, you guys were great! Yeah. I could hardly imagine how you guys would crush me if I battled one of you.” Aidan said, quickly, to cover up for his lack of attention.
    Antoinette laughed. “Well, wouldn’t you like to try to beat me before you infer that I’ve grown too much past your ability? But I must warn you, you are probably not wrong to think so.” She smiled as she pulled on Aidan’s sleeve. “Come on! Please?” She begged with a pout on her face. Aidan soon gave in, only knowing that he would be sorely disappointed in himself for making such a foolish decision.
    Robby jumped over the fence of the corral as Aidan took his position, nervously. Antoinette already had a gleam of victory in her eye. Robby laughed as Aidan dropped his sword, Fury, in the dirt, out of complete and utter failure he was sure was to come.
    While Robby watched, laughing whenever Aidan would drop his sword or mess something up, a hand fell on his shoulder. He turned and saw a maiden with long black hair.
    “Oh, hi Trenna.” He muttered, turning red. She smiled and greeted him warmly.
    “How do you fare today, Sir Robby?” Trenna asked while she leaned upon the edge of the corral, next to Robby.
    “Uh, okay, I guess.” He replied. He didn’t want to state the fact that he had lost to Antoinette. But it was too obvious for Trenna to realize.
    “So, Lady Antoinette bested you with the sword?” She snickered.
    Robby grumbled quietly to himself.
    “Do not feel bad. It doesn’t even look like Sir Aidan can do as well. He does not stand a chance of beating Lady Antoinette.” Trenna smiled kindly.
    Robby stared at the pair. Aidan held his sword aloft while Antoinette swung her hers rapidly and aimlessly. Aidan parried every blow easily, but when he sought to attack, Antoinette dodged his assaults and struck him with her sword while his guard was down.
    “STOP!” Aidan yelled right before Antoinette delivered a blow to his shoulder. He was clutching his right arm while he fell to the ground in a heap, gasping for air. He turned over onto his side so that he would not breath in dirt. Antoinette stuck her sword vertically in the ground and crouched down on one knee beside Aidan. She placed her hand on his back tenderly. He flinched when her hand touched his sore back.
    “Was I too hard on the Seeker of the Lost?” She asked, trying her hardest not to laugh at his agony.
    Aidan didn’t reply. His chest heaved as he drew long deep breaths.
    Trenna leapt over the fence and bound up to Antoinette. Antoinette put her hand up in the air as she stood. Trenna slapped it hard and laughed.
    “You beat him, good! He can’t even speak.” She exclaimed.
    While the girls enjoyed their blissful moment, Robby calmly walked after Trenna. He leaned over and grabbed Aidan’s arm. He lifted his friend to his feet, but no sooner had Robby let go that Aidan collapsed, yet again, to the ground. As his body hit the hard soil, dirt went flying up into the air. Robby coughed.
    “Geez. She did beat you pretty good.” Robby observed. He looked at Trenna and Antoinette. Antoinette raised an eyebrow and smirked. She had claimed her victory the second Aidan had agreed to fight.

Now, is it okay?
    ~Lady Gwenne
    Last edited by LadyGwenne; June 25th, 2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Messed up........:(

veary good i like to see more ... thank you for sharing your work with us

Quote Originally Posted by Regidor Dragon View Post
    veary good i like to see more ... thank you for sharing your work with us
    Well...Thanks....I still don't like it though. I think I put a little too much detail in. In the rest of the FanFic, the story line doesn't actually get moving until the fourth Chapter. I think that's a problem. My sister said I should get the story line moving in about the second or the third chapter, but what does she know? She's only starting college this Fall and she's taking courses in Literature and Art. We draw Manga and her and her friends have this Manga that they're already writing and she's the artist. I used to want to be an artist and I still do draw some. But I don't do as well as her and I write more and better (in my opinion, at least ).
    Sorry. My topic went from my FanFic and it's storyline to my sister and her career.
    SORRY!!!

~Lady Gwenne

well my only thing is ..way are they there.... if i rember right Antoinette , Robby and Aidan are gone from this world and alleble they where taken by King Eliam to the Sacred Realm in the Final Storm

Gwenne, splendid scene. I think you've captured some of the playfulness of their friendship. I also like the suspense you build by having Aidan lost in thought but not telling the reader why. I think Aidan losing so easily also indicates he's not fully concentrating. That's a cool breadcrumb for the reader to follow.

I'm honored that you'd write fanfiction for my story. I've had some fans do artwork based on my books but never fanfiction. Cool.

You've clearly got some "tools" to work with.

WtB

Quote Originally Posted by Regidor Dragon View Post
    well my only thing is ..way are they there.... if i rember right Antoinette , Robby and Aidan are gone from this world and alleble they where taken by King Eliam to the Sacred Realm in the Final Storm
    Well, yes. They are in the Sacred Realm Beyond the Sun. But this is what I would picture them doing there. Like, an after Life sort of deal. At the very end of the third book, Mr. Batson indicates that there is some sort of life after death for them. They can still do almost everything they did in the Realm, but they're just dead. I don't know how I came up with it or how to explain it, I was just trying to put a fork in the road from where Mr. Batson left off.

~Lady Gwenne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    Gwenne, splendid scene. I think you've captured some of the playfulness of their friendship. I also like the suspense you build by having Aidan lost in thought but not telling the reader why. I think Aidan losing so easily also indicates he's not fully concentrating. That's a cool breadcrumb for the reader to follow.

I'm honored that you'd write fanfiction for my story. I've had some fans do artwork based on my books but never fanfiction. Cool.

You've clearly got some "tools" to work with.

WtB
    The supsense left to Aidan's thought is something I am still working on. I'm trying to make that a very important thing in the fanfiction. It's leading to something, but I'm still trying to find a really interesting reasoning behind that.
    As for Aidan losing easily to Antoinette, I never really looked at it like that. I had a reason for that, and now I'm questioning whether I should change it. I'm not blaming you but thanking you for opening my eyes to something that also be leading to something important in the story line. I'll post the rest of the first chapter and then could you tell me which one I head towards ? Please? Thanks.

~Lady Gwenne