Question I can't remember the Titles! HELP!!!

Hey Everyone,
    I have been reading Sci-Fi for years, and I remember reading a couple of books back in 1998-99 that I loved. The problem is, I can't remember either the titles or the author

The books were futuristic, where humans had colonised the galaxy. The Japanese Imperials ruled, with the Hegemony comprised of all other races. It started as a basic civil war type story with a revolution against the imperials, while a war agains a nanobot capable alien species was also happening.

They used mechs and huge tanks for land battles, as well as "crunchies" (infantry). The Aliens had mech style fighters reffered to as "Snakes" I think, I seem to remember them being descriped as looking like cobras.

I have been trying to locate, or at least find out about, these books for a while and have been unsuccessful.

Please, if anyone knows, let me know?

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Sounds pretty much like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Small-Colonial.../dp/0345362004
    A Small Colonial War
    Fire in a Faraway Place

Just another traveler.
    I can't answer who, but from your description it sounds like he ripped off concepts from several other series, or they ripped off him/her.

The general concept sounds like K. Asaro, but her books were patterned after the Aztecs.

The mech aspect sounds like pure battletech, including the 'crunchies' which is what the mech pilots called infantry unit's they squashed under their mechs feet, hence the name when they stepped on them!

If you find out, let me know. I'd like to check it out myeslf.

Thanks north

Thanks north, but it's not the book I am hoping to find.

I guess the search continues.........

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by mullpig View Post
    The books were futuristic, where humans had colonised the galaxy. The Japanese Imperials ruled, with the Hegemony comprised of all other races. It started as a basic civil war type story with a revolution against the imperials, while a war agains a nanobot capable alien species was also happening.

Warstrider series by William Keith

warstrider series

They are the ones!!!!

Thank you soooooo much suciul!!!!

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by mullpig View Post
    They are the ones!!!!

Thank you soooooo much suciul!!!!
    No problem; I remember reading the first 3 or so in the mid nineties, and the rest a bit later; one of the better armor mil sf series out there; the Bolo stories by W. Keith are also ok, but I hated the Semper Mars series written as I. Douglas (started promisingly but then went into cliche after cliche)