Page 101 of 420 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 6289
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bella- View Post
    i know this is back tracking a little but i love love Howl's movig castle, normally thats not my type of movie, i didnt like the other ones but i fell in love with Howl's moving Castle. i had no idea there was a book, never thought about it so i will go find it...thanks Rinoa!

Can i join the club....the club of people who needs books?? cause i really need books.
    Bridie...what is like a mini plot summary of the vampire books you were talking about>
    HMC is my favourite movie, love love love studio ghibli! howl is sooo charming!

The first book is called Interview With The Vampire in which the 200 year old vampire Louis describes his life in an interview with some boy... It describes how he came to have his dark gifts and such, how he lived as a "family" with Lestat & Claudia in New orleans until treachery tears them apart and he ends up on the search for others like him in europe.

The second is The Vampire Lestat. In which Lestat has awoken from his deep sleep in the earth and writes his story so far in a book and publishes it. It tells of how he ran away to paris with his best friend, how he saved his mother from death, his first encounter with Armand & Marius and his adventurs in the "savage garaden".

The third is Queen of The Damned Once again, written by Lestat, it tells of how Queen of The Damned and mother of all vampires re- awakens after 6 thousand years of sleep to let loose her powers. She plans to kill most of humanity and take over the worlds of both living and undead. It falls to Lestat to stop her as he is quite responsible for her awakening. In the book it explains how and roughly when vampires were created.

The first two are set in i think... 16th centurary America, Europe (mainly france) and the third kind of modern day America with bits from the past. There are more, 12 i believe in total, but i wasnt so impressed with Tale Of The Body Theif, Memnoch the devil was OK but not as good. Im yet to buy the rest... I hear they get worse. There are also a few others set outside the seires. Ive read Pandora Which is about well the vampire pandora, thats rather good.

I think therefore I am StarLily's Avatar
    They sound interesting!

hey everyone, i just read TERRIER , tamora peirce's new book and thought it was really really good, couldnt put it down the other day, thought you guys might need some book suggestions, so there ya go!

May the Force be with you Rheingold's Avatar
    Retroactively; A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I need to finish that book!!!!!! I've only read like 1/4 and I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yet another reason to get myself to the bookstore!!

1/4!!!! you need to finish it soon! I need to talk my head off about it!!!!!
    and i asked this on chattery page, but ill ask it her so we dont drive ppl there crazy!

what do you think or rosto so far???????????

i need a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or rather a license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone mind writing a blurb about terrier???

hmmmmm...i guess i could....lol...umm..where to start

1st of all its tamora peirce so its good, i think its better than her first ones b/c it just is, ok? ok LOL...its about Beka cooper and her life, she jions the dogs (which is like the gaurd) but as all ppl has to start out as a puppy with her traineers. Having grown up in the lower city she knows lots of ppl and has some special gifts to help her in her journey. Her cat pounce is also there to help her, she has her old friends from before trianeers were assigned and makes some very helpful friends on the way. Its sorta a mystery once u get into it, a very good one too, and maybe its just me but i see a lilttle bit of romance coming in the next ones! bu i dont want to give too much away, im not too good at descrbing tho, maybe rheingold can give you a better idea

Um, well....It's about Beka Cooper and her training as a Provost's Dog (kinda like a police force). It's the first book that Tamora has written in the first person (which I find AWESOME! ) and it's written like a diary. It's kinda like the Keladry books in that it's her training, but it's more mystery....Kind of like Shatterglass. That's all I'll say without putting any spoilers in. I'm trying for the first time ever to put an image in (of the cover), let's hope it works. *crosses fingers* Here is a link to her homepage. You can get to a page about Terrier from there by clicking on it.
    Rosto spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!! I really hope he becomes the Rogue, but a more "respectable" one, kind of like George, and that eventually he decides to retire and marry Beka.

woa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice cover!!! *yells to dad* WE'RE GOING TO THE BOOKSTORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I read Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice quite a long time ago. What I can remember though was that in my opinion it had way to much dialogue, though I found it to be still really good. She creates fascinating vampires.

StarLily--you have to read ALL of the books that come before first!

They are: Alanna: the First Adventure, In the Hand of the Goddess, The Woman Who Rides Like a Man, Lioness Rampant, Wild Magic, Wolf Speaker, Emperor Mage, In the Realm of the Gods, First Test, Page, Squire, Lady Knight, Trickster's Choice, and Trickster's Queen. Then there's the other series....

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so many. thats better anyway!

ROSTO : yeah, i think im in love with his character, he's awesome...somethig has to happen eventually!

anyone read the Trudi Canavan "The Age of 5" series? there's only 2 books out atm lol