Page 11 of 420 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    i have some good ideas for a fantasy book. i have the basic plot and the biggining but no between or ending. but if i do write it ill send it 2 you all via email/msn or whatever and see what you all think.and if i was lucky enough 2 get it published youd all get free copies doubt it would happen though.

oh and im going to reccomend and author hes call stuart hill hes only written one book its call "the cry of the icemark" its fantasy (what else?) i think ive already mentioned it but anyway. if you have the chance you should read it its not as good as the pellinor books but its good.its squel is being written at the mo i think.

Hey Ill help you with the story if you want, I might be able to get MSN soon so Ill tell you my addy if I do. Iv sorta got a sudden rush of ideas....if you know what I mean......

Has anyone read the book faerie wars and The purple Emperor, both by Herbie Brenan....

no ive seen them in my local book store tho. they look ok. im reading 2 books at the moment theyre called across the nightingale floor and the whole bussiness about kiffo and the pit bull. the first book is fantasy in what i think is japan its good a bit poorly written tho. the second itsnt a true story i dont think but its not fantasy. however it is very funny- the funnyest book ive read. has anyone read ether of them?

post ur msn addy on the off-topic page n then we can do a coleabreation(sp) on the book.

Ok will do, but I think if I ask me dad might actually kill me Iv signed up to a load of crap!!!!!

im not allowed msn well i am but i cant be bothered to get it because i dont have internet much

Coughs, are we going off topic again????

Anyone mentioned Terry Pratchett yet?

no but i have read some of his such as the Guards gurards one with Carrot in it

yeh i think... anyone read anything by hiruki murakami? or poalo choelo?(sp for both) they are like philisophical books about life ect. they combine fantasy with the real world and its all very deep and meaningfull.

[QUOTE=*~bridie~*]poalo choelo?[QUOTE]
    Do you mean the Brazilian guy who wrote the Alchemist. If yes, then I've read that particular book, was cool.

In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    So you guys can write books can you I suck but anyway this is off topic as I was saying.....

Raymond E. Fiest I dont know how you haven't heard of him he rules! anyhoo you will find his books in the library if ya want to read them

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but His Dark Materials was a good series. (I thought it was fantasy at first but I think it could also be classed as sci-fi...)

yeh i do mean the brazilian guy.

Who's the brazilian guy????

Quote Originally Posted by Becks
    Who's the brazilian guy????
    He's the author of The Alchemist and I think he's got a new book out called 'The Zahir' haven't read it though.

are his books good?