Page 363 of 420 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 6289
    Lol yeah, I was too. Don't worry you'll get used to it!!!!

But this is off-topic. we get in trouble if we go off-topic even a little, just thought i'd warn you.

Ummm......Anybody like stephen king? (i forgot how to spell his name!)

Quote Originally Posted by Morana View Post
    I have a whole bunch of books I like, but some of my favorites The Protector of the Small Quartet and The Song of the Lioness Quartet and the Beka Cooper books by Tamora Pierce. I also really enjoyed the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix, and the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan.

Jeez, the list is endless...

I also really like the Bloody Jack Adventures series by L.A. Meyer, Graceling by Kristin Cashore, The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley, The Door Within Trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson, Fortress Series by C.J. Cherrhy...shall I go on? Lol
    the hero and the crown & the blue sword are two of my favorite books! And I've heard gracling is good.I've been meaning to read it bit I'm so busy and I havnt been to barnes&noble in awile

Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My parents think I'm too young to read Stephen King. They have no idea what I write in my spare time.

The past is just practice summer's Avatar
    I'm reading Oliver Twist at the moment, and Charles Dickens has such a sarcastic sense of humour, it's hilarious!!! and also a really good story.

just wandering wherever the wind takes me
    I've never read stephen king before...i've heard of him though, right now i'm reading the Princess and the Hound...I think it's pretty good...

or any of Stephen King's books at least (the way i worded it made it sound like stephen king was actually a book...lol)

Blog Entries
    Quick thing- it's usually better to edit your post than post twice in a row. The option is in the bottom right corner of each post you make.

Oh yeah, whoopsy...lol

It's okay, my first post I accidentally posted it three times

We've all been newbie's

Too young to read stephen king? My dad was a little skeptical, I hate scary movies, and he said the book freaked him out a bit, but he read it his freshman year so he's letting me.

I got nightmares when I watched "Resident Evil" for pete's sake, and the zombie's can't even run like in "I am Legend"....

Sorry, off topic! I'm good at being off topic though

Does anybody like the Inheritance Cycle? (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr)

Ya I know it's a little young for me....But imo it's alright.

Blog Entries
    I really liked Eldest. Eragon, not so much, though I don't know why. I haven't read Brisingr yet. It's a big book so I'm planning on reading it after The Singing so they don't overlap or worse, I have to choose one over the other to read first!

Fan of too much to name
    Stephen King is good, but moreso his older books

Some of his stuff is just drivel, because he knows people will buy it

Having said that however, his short story collections are usually excellent, and the newest one, Just after Sunset, was brilliant, as was his last book Duma Key. He can do it when he wants to

He did amuse me with his comments about Stephanie Meyer (not that im mentioning it of course ), as did all the fangirl responses who are convinced he cannot write (you'd think, after 30 years, someone would have had the heart to tell the poor guy )

Also, Inheritance has been discussed to death by us, although your welcome to add your opinion since its miles of pages back

Also, it says something for how active i am when someone who joined a year and a half after me has more posts lol....ill have to be content with my post count on other sites instead

Blog Entries
    It doesn't say anything about yours! It just tells me that I have no life.

Anyone for the Golden Compass? Also probably discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by roberth View Post
    Stephen King is good, but moreso his older books

Some of his stuff is just drivel, because he knows people will buy it

Having said that however, his short story collections are usually excellent, and the newest one, Just after Sunset, was brilliant, as was his last book Duma Key. He can do it when he wants to

He did amuse me with his comments about Stephanie Meyer (not that im mentioning it of course ), as did all the fangirl responses who are convinced he cannot write (you'd think, after 30 years, someone would have had the heart to tell the poor guy )

Also, Inheritance has been discussed to death by us, although your welcome to add your opinion since its miles of pages back

Stephen King, bad? I think he's quite good. His writing style is unique. He's had way more best sellers than stephenie meyer.... I liked Twilight and all, but it's amateurish (idc if that's a word or not) and too easy to read.... I know this has probably been discussed a ton too. Just saying though.

Oh really? Sorry..... I don't want to scroll back

I liked Brisingr the best. Eldest was just looooonnnnng and detailed. Eragon was good.

There, opinion stated.

Fan of too much to name
    I'm not saing hes bad...far from it. On form, he is one of my favourite authors. What i am saying is that, at times he releases some very bad stuff, knowing full well that people will buy it. If you've ever read Blaze (and if you havent, consider yourself blessed) you will see a good example of what i mean. I was bought it as a present by well meaning relatives who knew i liked his work, and although i never told them i actually threw it away after reading. Characterisation is awful, plot is farfetched at times, and nonexistant at others, and it flits between being fast paced and basically stopped more often that an out of shape marathon runner....

I think that at times hes just put his name behind work that hes knows is unfinished, because he knows the public will accept it regardless, and when he chooses to do so it shows

Finally, if you havent yet, read Needful Things, one of my favourite books by him, and a brilliant read, but avoid the film, which, well not a bad film, absolutely butchers the book beyond plausible recognition

I like the Inheritance Cycle, Eldest was my favorite... I hate the movie though, they completely butchered it....