Page 393 of 420 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 6289
    ✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    Vivian Vande Velde. I haven't read Heir Apparent, but I'm familiar with Dragon's Bait and Companions of the Night. Both very good! The second one is darker, about vampires, but nothing to do with Twilight.

under the moon and stars, in my land of books
    Yeah thats the name... I will have to look into those two books...

I got Catching Fire yesterday by Suzanne Collins. OMG CANT WAIT TO READ IT.

unfortunately im one of those people who cant put a book down 1/2 way thru to start a new one. so im trying to reread blue bloods as fast as possible

I'm starting Kushiel's Mercy. Then I'm gonna read Portnoy's Complaint. I'm really looking forward to both, lol.

ok only 1/2 way thru Catching fire and I CANT BELIEVE IT.. SO GREAT so far

In Fantasy-land...where spell check does not exist...
    I just finnished The Sharing Knife book 1 (Can't remember the author...wrote a book called The Curse of Chalion too) and I didn't like it. I would've liked it to focus more on the world and the Lakewalker people, but it turned out to focus completely on the romance story. I am not a fan of romances that are the complete and only focus in the book. It also reminded me a lot of Graceling, which I didn't like so much either.

Started The Fellowship of the Ring for the third or fourth time, determined to finnish it this time. No idea why I have so much trouble finnishing this book.

Also finnished Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb, and I didn't really like it. It was far to unhappy and hopeless for me. It's like anytime anything good happens to Fitz, the author destroys it. It's like that all the way to the end. I would have liked some "breathing" spaces, where I could recover from the unhappyness, but there weren't any. I don't think I'll read the last, I'm scared of what worse things she can do to poor Fitz.

I began Robin Hobb's series and never finished... I've been meaning to go back to those for more than a year now. I liked the first, but your description of this one is not encouraging. Do you think they're worth the read?

On another note, I feel the need to confess that I am indeed reading Wuthering Heights, and enjoying it far more than I ought to. I picked it up because I remember Alison mentioning it somewhere as one of her favorite books, so I felt rather obligated to read it and pick out the similarities. I'm only on chapter 3, but so far I highly recomend it - if you don't mind the 1800's language.

Fan of too much to name
    Completely forgot about this until recently, but Ghost Hunter came out end of last month?? Snyone else read / reading/ planning to read this. I just ordered a copy this minute

I have it! I plan to read when I have time...so not so soon, probably. I have SO much work this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Savendia View Post
    I began Robin Hobb's series and never finished... I've been meaning to go back to those for more than a year now. I liked the first, but your description of this one is not encouraging. Do you think they're worth the read?

On another note, I feel the need to confess that I am indeed reading Wuthering Heights, and enjoying it far more than I ought to. I picked it up because I remember Alison mentioning it somewhere as one of her favorite books, so I felt rather obligated to read it and pick out the similarities. I'm only on chapter 3, but so far I highly recomend it - if you don't mind the 1800's language.
    WORTH THE READ?!?!?!

Yes! They Are! they are most deffinetly one of my favourite fantasy books ever.

Wuthering heights is... Fairly boring imo. I live only 5 minutes away from the inspirational moores where the brontes lived though. Very very angsty and broody....
    Last edited by Bridie; September 12th, 2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Yeah ok you caught me out!

I thought your favorite books were George RR Martin's series? (Can't say I liked those... *hides under the bed*)

And I'm only in the beginning of Wuthering Heights, so maybe it'll get boring. But right now, it's actually kind of funny. The author has a sense of humor - or at least the narrator does. And besides, how can you not love a book where the phrase "unmannerly wench" is used as an insult?

Its a tie lol. But I've been able yo reread hobb more so I think I'm leaning towards that. Fair enough, some people have bad taste (I kid I kid)

So i'm Reading another review book called tender morsel by margo lanagan. I think it's one you would all enjoy, even if it is abit twisted.

Fan of too much to name
    Just grabbed the Odd Thomas collection (Dean Koontz, dunno if anyones a fan) from Asda for a 5, and after pretty much downing the first book in 3 hours, im going to tell you all to read it

Its very well written, and the twist, though blatantly obvious by about 1/3 of the way through, and unavoidable by the half way mark, is still well enough done to catch you when it happens

So yeah...READ IT!

Blog Entries
    Wuthering Heights is amazing. I was annoying at my lit teacher when I found out we could've studied it last year.

I'm reading (or soon will be):
    Jane Eyre
    War and Peace
    The Colour Purple
    The Illusionist
    King Lear
    Pardoner's Tale
    Burial at Thebes

I'm rereading the Protector of the Small series by T.P.