Page 51 of 420 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    is Eldest the second of that book written when the author was about 15, or something?

because It's interesting that alot of people liked it...

thats what my friend said when i told her about it but i duno!

yeah and Keneth Oppel aparently gave Eragon (I think that's the first one) a really bad review...

I tried to read Eldest, but I couldn't get through it. I found it too boring and Paolini's writing style was starting to get on my nerves. I did read the plot twist at the end; I'd seen it coming, but it was sort of exciting in any case.

what happens in it anyway?

i think Paolini's writing style is ok, not anything special, but i like the storylines, you dont expect the things that happen.

also, just finishes The High Lord by Truid Canavan.

OMG.

everyone should read thie trilogy, its brilliant!

Woo just finished Eldest. It was quite good but nothing compared to Alisons (somehow I always compare books to alison's). OMG the shock was so....shocking It was a bit slow paced though but good all the same. Once again left with a cliffhannger ending... You know they're making a movie out of the books?

I think therefore I am StarLily's Avatar
    really? and i just received some gift cards for bookstores and im going to buy some books, but...suggestions please! i have no idea what to get after reading alison's books nothing seems good anymore
    Last edited by StarLily; April 24th, 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Um, you might like Exodus by Julie Bertagna if you don't mind it not being strictly fantasy. I think it's either a cross between fantasy and sci-fi or sci-fi. At first I thought it was 'okay', but when I like it more and more the more often I re-read it.

trudi canavan

sorry, i bum her at the moment
    nothing compared to alisons books (i always compare others to alisons as well ) but still good.

yea, the film is meant to be out sometime in june/july i think. somewhere on this thread is a bit where the actors have been put.ill go look....

pointless comment: Canavan sounds like Cadvan...

sorry, that was just eating away at me

call me FL" or Lila The_fire_lily's Avatar
    My favorite book is the forest wife which is a re-telling of robin hood from marians point of view it has everything in it magic, action, romance and it will defiently keep you hooked lol i could'nt put it down until i finished.

i also like trudi canavans stories but i prefered pristess of the white to the black magicians trilogoy and i kept thinking her name WAS trudi cadvan lol until my friend told me that i was wrong which she loves doing lol.
    i have'nt heard of the eldest is it good? because im looking for a good book to read.

ya the first one is Eragon and the second is Eldest...it's about a kid and a dragon I think...

if you're looking for a good book read the His Dark Matters series by Phillip Pullman, it's so good and original and well written The characters are the best

Quote Originally Posted by danyl
    trudi canavan

sorry, i bum her at the moment
    nothing compared to alisons books (i always compare others to alisons as well ) but still good.
    I completely agree with you. I was given the Black Magicians Trilogy by Trudi Canavan for christmas and they are amazing! If you love the Pellinor series (well of course you do) you will love BMT too! I've just bought Trudi Canavans newest book even though it isnt out over here yet, and am just as excited about reading that as The Crow! I would tell everyone to read them!

Reading Prietess of the white to keep my busy until The Crow arrives (ordering it tonight or tomorrow!). its awesome. i recc this book to everyone.

i want a veez!!!