Page 6 of 420 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    What about Paul Collins? He is a good Aussie writer, 'Dragonlinks' was a good book, though I think he has written better.

"Obernewtyn" Ive been waiting for the next book for ages! I heard a rumour somewhere that the next book will be out in 2006 but I have no idea if its true....wait I just found something...Now apparently Isobelle Carmody went to this persons school and said that 'The Sending' should be out next year. YAY!

http://www.carmody-online.com/html/index.php

It looks like we have two great books to look forward to next year!!
    Last edited by Netty; May 31st, 2005 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netty
    What about Paul Collins? He is a good Aussie writer, 'Dragonlinks' was a good book, though I think he has written better.
    I've read Dragonlinks, have you read the second in the series, Dragonfang? I had no idea it existed until i saw it by chance in the school library, it's ok, from what i can remember Dragonlinks was slightly better.

HeHeHe
    Ye Olde RAINIE Scotland (inverness to be exact)
    i saw that earthsea thing it was cr@p!!!! is the book as cornny? at the end i was actually shouting at the screen "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE 2 FANCY EACH OTHER I MEAN THE GUY ISNT EVEN THAT CUTE AND I NO THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO SEE EACH OTHER IN THER DREAMS OR SOMETHING BUT THEY ONLY JUST MET I MEAN CUM ON REALLY WEN DOES THAT HAPPEN!!!!"

I've read the Garth Nix's books they're all good, some books by Anne McCaffrey, oh I read this really witty book recently by David an Leigh Eddings, its called the redemption of althalus. I've only read two books by Isobelle Carmody farseekers and scatterlings, can't seem to find any others.

HeHeHe
    i read a book by david and leigh eddings it was called THE Elder Gods and it was pretty good i would recommend it anyway

HeHeHe
    i was just wondering if any1 has herd of a book called Dragontamers by someone called Emma Urquert because i go to school with her but i havent read it i was just wondering if it was selling international bcause i dont speak to her (shes a bit crazy)

The Earthsea books are anything but corny, and Ged is anything but cute. And there's no romance until Book 4, and even then it's hardly conventional. Sounds like the tv series kicked the books to pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie
    i was just wondering if any1 has herd of a book called Dragontamers by someone called Emma Urquert because i go to school with her but i havent read it i was just wondering if it was selling international bcause i dont speak to her (shes a bit crazy)
    ACTUALY i have heard of her, i don't know if the book is selling in Australia though. There's a thread floating around somewhere about it. BTW the cover for that book, is soooo bad

Ok then, this is the thread for that Emma Urquert girl: http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9673

and this (for anybody who was curious) is the Earthsea TV adaption thread: http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149
    Last edited by Gemini; June 1st, 2005 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    I've read Dragonlinks, have you read the second in the series, Dragonfang? I had no idea it existed until i saw it by chance in the school library, it's ok, from what i can remember Dragonlinks was slightly better.
    Ive heard of it! lol And I also had no idea it existed untill I saw it on a shelf at the bookstore. I havent really been motivated to buy it though.

Hey, Sirion!!!! You spoilt it, I knew there was sumfin wif Dog....I did tell u not to spoil it. Ive now finished Sabriel and Lirael and am about half way thru Abhorsen, I only started it last night 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive neva heard of Dragonlinks tho, but the hunting of the last Dragon by Sheryl Jordan wasnt bad

Sirion is slightly insane
    soz becks, i meant to put it in a spoiler thing, but i got a bit distracted and had to finish it really quickly. Really really soz!!!!

Its alrite, I kinda guessed that Dog would
    Spoiler:
    b named afta 1 of da bells I thoght it was either Saraneth or belgaer or dyrim, i kinda hoped sam and Lirael would get 2getha, I still cant believe shes his aunt!!!!!

SUGA, STUPID FLIPPIN SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one to have not liked the Earthsea Trilogy? I gave it a chance, I really did. I think I finished the first book of it, or at least got up to the part where
    Spoiler:
    Ged has just destroyed whatever was following him around by going out in a boat to the sea or something

Was I reading the same book as everyone else? Does
    Spoiler:
    Ged go into some cold tower and vanquishes something in the base of the manor?

Admitedly, I did read it quite a few years ago and perhaps there was a lot of it that I didn't quite fully understand. It felt like the book went in leaps and bounds with no definable central storyline.

Anyway, has anyone read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time?" It's not a fantasy novel, but a book about a boy who has Asperger's Syndrome and how he "investigates" the murder of his next door neighbour's dog. It's really good; I could hardly put it down.

What do I type here?????? soul_elements's Avatar
    Ummm... what's it called again? I know it, I do ... talk about a goldfish's memory. Hang on- why is that tree upside-down? And aren't those clouds supposed to be ABOVE my head rather than below? Why am I upside-down? Oh, that's right! It's DOWNUNDER!
    I haven't read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" but I've heard some really good review about it (including your little bit there).

I guess I'd better give it a go to see what the fuss is all about ...

PS: Has anyone read Isabel Allende? She's not a sci-fi or fantasy writer (maybe a teaspoon of fantasy in some books, though) but her books are worth at least reading the blurb. She was born in Chile, I think (or was it Argentina) and there's a trilogy: City of the Beasts, Kingdom of the Golden Dragon and her newest is Forest of the Pygmies and they're about a boy who goes to exotic places around the world with his grandmother who works for Internation Geographic and they have some very interesting adventures ... he meets a girl called Nadia in the Amazon forest and they become close friends who go off on together with his grandmother.

I just finished readin The Old Kingdom series, god it is soooooo sad!!!!!!!!!! I have advice 4 u Ali don't end Pellinor like that, now i want 2 kno more about it. I dont realy want 2 read the keys to the kingdom series....it sounds a bit crap compared 2 The old kingdom series.......

PS. the curious incident of the dog in the night-time is fantastic

PPS. Im angry at Garth Nix 4 makin the books end like that....but apart from that theyre brilll!!!!!!!!!!!