Page 7 of 420 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    BoA Manager
    I've nearly finished reading Anne Bishop's "Black Jewel Trilogy". tis so good.

book 1: Daughter of the Blood (out of print unfortunately)
    book 2: Heir to the Shadows
    book 3: Queen of the Darkness.

my mum was gonna buy me da trilogy for my brithday but the first book was out of print so i only hav the sencond 2.

if you're interested. the books are based on this girl who goes byb the name of Janelle Angelline. the books are her growing up and becoming literally the Queen of the Darkness (Ebon Askavi, Askavi, Kaeleer and Hell etc. are the dark realms she rules over). she is Witch. The Living Myth. the third book is when she is about 20 ish and is reigning as the Queen of the Darkness with her adopted father Saetan, (High Lord ansd High Priest of Hell along with a million other names) as her Steward, his son Lucivar Yaslana as her Master of the Guard and Saetan's bastard son Daemon (the Saidst) as her Consort. interesting mix and really well written.

its a good read.

~ Tari

Quote Originally Posted by Becks
    I just finished readin The Old Kingdom series, god it is soooooo sad!!!!!!!!!! I have advice 4 u Ali don't end Pellinor like that, now i want 2 kno more about it. I dont realy want 2 read the keys to the kingdom series....it sounds a bit crap compared 2 The old kingdom series.......

PS. the curious incident of the dog in the night-time is fantastic

PPS. Im angry at Garth Nix 4 makin the books end like that....but apart from that theyre brilll!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed about that ending!! it was total rubbish and I want lots more!!! All we know about what is gonna happen is Libreal gets a golden hand?! And those Keys to the Kingdom books are very predictable and repetitive!!! I've only read the first two but they are completely different from the Old Kingdom books cos they are very simple and I thought quite childish! Sorry if they are anyone's favs but that's what I think!

Chiltern, Vic, Oz Favourite Music: John Butler
    Curious Incident wasn't that realistic for me, but then again, they do say we're all different.

Usually right after they say we're all dumbasses.
    Last edited by Akdor 1154; June 4th, 2005 at 10:56 PM.

Leonie
    Agreed about that ending!! it was total rubbish and I want lots more!!! All we know about what is gonna happen is Libreal gets a golden hand?! And those Keys to the Kingdom books are very predictable and repetitive!!! I've only read the first two but they are completely different from the Old Kingdom books cos they are very simple and I thought quite childish! Sorry if they are anyone's favs but that's what I think!

exactly my thoughts, great mind think alike!!!!

Refering back to Abhorsen,
    Spoiler:
    When dog says 2 nick, "..there r different hurts that require different remidies. stand up Nick..." do u think that dog means. "u and lirael should 2getha. or is it just me!!

exactly my thoughts, great mind think alike!!!!

Refering back to Abhorsen,
    Spoiler:
    When dog says 2 nick, "..there r different hurts that require different remidies. stand up Nick..." do u think that dog means. "u and lirael should 2getha. or is it just me!!
    Spoiler:
    I'm not sure if that does. But i think Nick does want to start something with Lirael, remember the conversation in the reeds, where he casualy asks whether Lirael and Sam were in a relationship. From memory he was quite pleased when he found out she was Sam's aunt

Just curious, has anyone else here read 'The Muzic of Razors' ? (and yes, it's meant to be a "z" ). The plot is kind of undescribable, really strange, it's definately one of those books that you either don't get and hate or you get it and love the idea of if.

No, I havent seen it either is it any good?? As good as any other buk listed here.

There was a book out on World Book Day called The creature in the case by Garth Nix and it was sort of a short continuation of the trilogy [about 6 months after Abhorsen]. It's more about Nick than Lirael
    Spoiler:
    you only see Lirael right at the end.

However it was only about 100 pages long It was ok I guess, but not as good as the books from the trilogy. However:

Spoiler:
    Sam makes a gold hand for Lirael readers of Abhorsen know how and why and NicK after returning from the dead, returns to Ancelstierre, he realises that he misses the Old Kingdom [Lirael mostly] , which I thought was pretty predictable . Anyways in the end Lirael comes and rescues Nick from a creature from the dark and Nick goes back to the Old Kingdom with Lirael - and I agree with Gemini, Nick and Lirael do sort of get together as there were signs in the creature the case which backs the theory that they like each other

HeHeHe
    Ye Olde RAINIE Scotland (inverness to be exact)
    i heard there was supposed to be another book by Philip Pullman and i was just wonderin wat it was (i think its linked to the His Dark Materials trilogy but its not lyras oxford)

Is it the Sally Lockhart books? Ummm...Ruby in the smoke, Tiger in the well, The Tin Princess, can't remember the last one at the moment.

HeHeHe
    Ye Olde RAINIE Scotland (inverness to be exact)
    no ive already read them i think it was called the book of dust or something im just not sure b/c i havent seen it any where

Quote Originally Posted by yodee
    Is it the Sally Lockhart books? Ummm...Ruby in the smoke, Tiger in the well, The Tin Princess, can't remember the last one at the moment.
    Shadow In The North is the second in that trilogy, before Tiger In The Well if i remember correctly

No, I havent seen it either is it any good?? As good as any other buk listed here.
    It is a really good book and i highly recommend it

here's a link to a review http://www.legendsmagazine.net/124/razors.htm

and this is an interview with the author, if you're interested http://www.tabula-rasa.info/AusHorro...ronRogers.html

~Ahhh woot... 400 posts~
    Last edited by Gemini; June 7th, 2005 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akdor 1154
    Curious Incident wasn't that realistic for me, but then again, they do say we're all different.

Usually right after they say we're all dumbasses.
    You're not alone. I didn't like it; in fact, I couldn't even finish it. I recall I got to around the bit where he's on the train.

I disliked it a lot*, even though (I think) I'm the book's target audience.

Ah well, my mother and aunt both loved it.

*The whole time I read it, I either found it frustrating, and I kept thinking of the author writing the book, rather than it being written by an autistic boy.

Chiltern, Vic, Oz Favourite Music: John Butler
    Yeah - the kid's actions don't seem totally realistic (then again, he does have it very severely), but the writing style itself seemed spot-on - just look at all my ultra-pedantic posts!