Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Hybrid View

Introductions

Welcome to the Wayne Thomas Batson Forum here at SFF World! I'm the Author of The Door Within Trilogy, a bestselling epic fantasy series for YA readers and anyone else who likes a good fantasy yarn.

I guess that makes me your host. So, in the name of the One, True King, ruler of Alleble and The Realm, King Eliam the Everlasting, I bid thee a hearty welcome and well met.

I'm going to make this thread a STICKY, so that as folks wander in, they can say hello and tell a little bit about themselves.

If you are willing, tell us:
    Name or User Name
    Interests/Hobbies
    Have you read The Door Within Trilogy or not?
    Have you read Isle of Swords or not?
    Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre.
    Anything else you want to share.

Name or User Name
    I'm Wayne Thomas Batson

Interests/Hobbies
    I am a teacher and an author. I dabble in 3D artwork. I play electric quitar. And I think that Nachos are their own food group.

Uh, yes...once or twice.

See above.

Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre.
    The Hobbit was my gateway. My cousin gave me that book the summer of 7th grade. My life has never been the same. lol

When the storms of life come, remember, you are Never Alone!

Name or User Name
    I'm Mike Kinion
    Interests/Hobbies
    just started to do some Writing ... Astronomy.. reading ( this to is a new Hobbie)
    yes and yes and Oh Yes

I will when it comes out

Eragon and Eldest

Anything else you want to share
    when you feel a lone that on one cares just call His name

• Name or User Name
    Val Gunn
    • Interests/Hobbies
    Reading, Writing and Travel
    • Have you read The Door Within Trilogy or not?
    Only the Door Within
    • Have you read Isle of Swords or not?
    No, but its on the list
    • Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre.
    Lord of the Rings
    • Anything else you want to share.
    “It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”

Welcome, Mike and Vgunn! Thanks for coming by this new forum. I wonder how many folks have LOTR as their gateway books.

Greetings, Wayne, and welcome to the Author Forums! Hopefully you'll give our dear Alison a run for her money with the YA posters!

Questions, you say... Okay, here ya go:
    Kevin Radthorne
    Interests/Hobbies: aside from writing, I spend most every evening creating... 3D art! So, tell us some more of what you do, or better yet start another thread where you can post some pictures. I'd love to see 'em. (The thread on computer art that I have in my forum gets more attention that the book ones by far... )
    Have you read The Door Within Trilogy or not? No, but then again I end up reading very little fiction when I'm in the midst of working on a new book. My reading stack is getting very high...
    Have you read Isle of Swords or not? As above.
    Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre: I think that would by the Deryni books by Katherine Kurtz, followed by the Pern Dragon books of Anne McCaffrey.
    Anything else you want to share: Glad you're here with us, and hope you meet lots of new readers!

Movie plans???

I received The Door Within as a Christmas gift last year and I love them. I first read LOTR and The Hobbit about two years ago. I kept reading them over and over because I could not find any books I liked as much. Now I have your series and I can read it over and over.
    This series rocks!
    My mom loves reading it also and finding all the Biblical alagories.
    My big question is......are you going to make a Door Within movie?
    I am glad my mom found this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdman13 View Post
    My big question is......are you going to make a Door Within movie? I am glad my mom found this forum.
    Hey, TKDman! Welcome to my forum. Thanks so much for the kind words about The Door Within books.

Since the front page story in the Post, there have been several inquiries about the movie rights to The Door Within Trilogy. But even prior to those, a serious request from a very highly placed entertainment agency came in. I've sent my books off to them and am awaiting their thoughts. Of course, even should someone purchase the movie rights, that does not guarantee a movie will get made. It is, however, the necessary first step. I'd love to see a movie made!

Now if only I could persuade Peter Jackson to direct! LOL Ah, I can dream, can't I?

WtB

oops I forgot to introduce myself

Name or User Name
    Cody Harris

Interests/Hobbies
    I have my black belt in Tae Kwon Do and am working towards 2 degree. I love to read and play video games.

I am almost done!

Not yet

The Hobbit and LOTR were my gateway.

I am a 12 year old (soon to be 13) Christian young man.

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Talking JAMES SOMERS: Author of The Chronicles of Soone

Name or User Name
    James Somers
    Interests/Hobbies
    Preaching and Writing Christian Fantasy Novels
    Oh yeah, baby and theyz goood too!
    Waitin on it to arrive!
    The Hobbit: CARTOON & The Star Wars trilogy
    Anything else you want to share.[/QUOTE]

"I'm the author of The Chronicles of Soone trilogy (book one-Heir to the King-is available on Amazon.com) and I'm the pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Harriman, TN. Thanks to WAYNE BATSON's wonderful review of my novel, I've had a real opportunity to see the books published beyond the small independent publishing realm. Wayne You're a blessing, bro!"

Blessings,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
    The Hobbit: CARTOON & The Star Wars trilogy[/COLOR]

Mannn, I love that old Hobbit cartoon. I mean the strange dude with the high falsetto voice singing all those songs was a little, er, odd. But I loved the depiction of Gandalf and Bilbo. But the voice of Smaug was the best. I love that line, "Well, thief, I feel you and I smell your air..."

Welcome FF and Pais! So glad to see you here, there, and everywhere. You folks ROCK.

Quote Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
    "I'm the author of The Chronicles of Soone trilogy
    Be on the lookout for James Somers and his Chronicles of Soone SciFi series. It's very good stuff. I was hooked right off. It's going to be BIG. Just remember, you heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    Be on the lookout for James Somers and his Chronicles of Soone SciFi series. It's very good stuff. I was hooked right off. It's going to be BIG. Just remember, you heard it here first.
    Muchas Gracias, me amigo! I can't wait for Isle of Swords...Matey!

Gee I wander if falsetto guy from the HObbit has an album out?

It will be interesting to see if they ever get the Hobbit movie out. The dragon was definitely a cool character...that scene is one of the best.

I think one of the coolest scenes in the newer Star WArs was in episode III when Anakin is in the Jedi council chambers with the setting sun coming through and he's considering whether or not he should disobey Mace Windu and go to the Chancellors chambers.
    That cool (very un-star wars music) and the cuts between he and padme across the city as they sense one another is really creepy and made DArth Vader's betrayal seem so tragic.

people complained about the acting, but that was still a cool scene.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    The Chronicles of Soone series definitely needs what big publishing houses can do (great editing, promotion and distribution).

I'm grateful for the opportunity given me by Breakneck Books in publishing the first novel: Heir to the King...but you'll never find it in a bookstore except online (amazon) and others because of the lack of distribution most small independent publishers have.

I have to think the Lord is working something out in the order of events though...published with small independent, wayne reads it and gives great review, representation with Gregg and Bethany asks for the full manuscript...I hope I'm not dreaming that there appears to be a set progression in the order of events and God has been in control all the way.

James