Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    Hey, Konrad

Welcome to my forum. And i know what you mean by roleplaying. I'm positively addicted to this Oblivion game on X-Box.
    Yes, but you should try some of the "real" too. The experience is great. It has a freedom that X-box can΄t do and the freedom is easiest explained with the line "I΄m jumping out of the window."

• Name or User Name- my name is really Justin but I really like the name Kyo who is the main vocalist of my favorite jap. band Dir en Grey
    • Interests/Hobbies-I am really into Japanese culture. The food, the anime, manga, and the music. The music is called jrock, and the outfits some of the musicians wear would scare most people, since its so foreign. Anyways, I love to read. Reading is my life. I love to mostly read fantasy/scifi books, and sometimes the occasional japanese book. I am total nerd. I obsess over things like Naruto/Bleach/Inuyasha/DBZ/FMA/Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy/LOTR/Harry Potter/Stargate/Doctor Who......you get the picture. I also write, I am writing a fantasy trilogy, which contains dragons, its an allegory, I still am having trouble coming up with everything. But I am in no rush, I'm only 17. I play a lot of videogames, I love Tales of Symphonia/Skies of Arcadia/FF games/Kingdom Hearts/Zelda. Never tried playing Oblivion, I think my brother has it... but I love Fable. That is the only non Japanese RPG that I have played and loved. Oh... and last thing, I am really shy. But when I get to know somebody, I'm usually an entirely different person. Wait I forgot I love to write fanfiction and am self teaching myself Japanese.
    • Have you read The Door Within Trilogy or not?
    Yes and I loved every minute of it. Bring on the anime fan art.
    • Have you read Isle of Swords or not?
    No! But I want to!
    • Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre.
    That would be the series I have followed since I was nine years old. It was Harry Potter. I love the characters and the world JKR created. After Harry Potter, I read The Hobbit, which I still enjoy rereading. I did not read LOTRs till I was about 12. Then I reread a year ago, since I did not understand all the little things that much when I was 12.
    • Anything else you want to share
    Hey! God rules and I'm happy to be here!
    Last edited by fantastyfreak; July 20th, 2007 at 08:02 AM.

Hi there Wayne! A belated congratulations on your own forum - about time, I reckon!

Movie plans???

I received The Door Within as a Christmas gift last year and I love them. I first read LOTR and The Hobbit about two years ago. I kept reading them over and over because I could not find any books I liked as much. Now I have your series and I can read it over and over.
    This series rocks!
    My mom loves reading it also and finding all the Biblical alagories.
    My big question is......are you going to make a Door Within movie?
    I am glad my mom found this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdman13 View Post
    My big question is......are you going to make a Door Within movie? I am glad my mom found this forum.
    Hey, TKDman! Welcome to my forum. Thanks so much for the kind words about The Door Within books.

Since the front page story in the Post, there have been several inquiries about the movie rights to The Door Within Trilogy. But even prior to those, a serious request from a very highly placed entertainment agency came in. I've sent my books off to them and am awaiting their thoughts. Of course, even should someone purchase the movie rights, that does not guarantee a movie will get made. It is, however, the necessary first step. I'd love to see a movie made!

Now if only I could persuade Peter Jackson to direct! LOL Ah, I can dream, can't I?

WtB

oops I forgot to introduce myself

• Name or User Name
    Cody Harris

• Interests/Hobbies
    I have my black belt in Tae Kwon Do and am working towards 2 degree. I love to read and play video games.

I am almost done!

Not yet

• Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre.
    The Hobbit and LOTR were my gateway.

• Anything else you want to share.
    I am a 12 year old (soon to be 13) Christian young man.

Talking Movie

If the movie does go forward be sure to keep control so they do not ruin it like they did Eragon.

i collect books old, rare, and signed. Is there anyway for me to mail my first print copies to you and have you sign them?

Quote Originally Posted by tkdman13 View Post
    If the movie does go forward be sure to keep control so they do not ruin it like they did Eragon.

i collect books old, rare, and signed. Is there anyway for me to mail my first print copies to you and have you sign them?
    Either that or I could send you signed bookplate stickers. Email me and let me know. Batguy21784@yahoo.com

-WtB

• Name or User Name
    Galactic Overlord, but the messageboard wouldn't allow for enough letters, so it got shortened to Galacticlord for these forums.

• Interests/Hobbies
    Let's see, there's a few. I have a large collection of 80s/90s animated shows. I also collect comics (Star Trek, Star Wars, X-Men). I like to draw when I can. And writing, of course.

Read The Door Within, in the middle of Rise of the Wyrm Lord right now.

Negatory

Kinda hard to pick "the book." The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe goes back all the way to Elementary School for me. I didn't read The Hobbit until I got to junior high. I think those two would qualify. Now, fantasy in general, that was probably helped by watching He-Man on the afternoon tube when yours truly was five. I think I really began to "get" fantasy after watching The Dark Crystal. I never really watched a "pure" fantasy movie before that, unless we count Star Wars.

• Anything else you want to share.
    Well, I self-published a book two years ago, and I understand why authors need editors. I misspelled pit "put" on one page. Needless to say, this book's getting a good revisin' now.

I love Dark Crystal! Oh it would be so awesome to see Peter Jackson make Door Within? It prob. would not happen, buy hey.. who knows? Just make sure the guy who did the Eragon movie goes nowhere near Door Within!

Galactic Overlord is in the HOUSE!

Welcome!

WtB

Um.... *glares* that's for me to know, and you to never find out. So there.
    Hi Wayne! Hey, this will be easy, they use the same forum program that Bryan Davis uses for DIOM. Some of the controls are only slightly different, but for the most part the same. Coolness.

Um.... *glares* that's for me to know, and you to never find out. So there.
    Sorry for the double post - I just saw that I have to fill this little doohickey out:

• Name or User Name: Pais Charos
    • Interests/Hobbies: Horses, Fantasy, Dragons In Our Midst, The Door Within, The Restorer, DragonKeeper Chronicles, The White Lion Chronicles, Inkheart trilogy/reading, riding horses, writing, crafts
    • Have you read The Door Within Trilogy or not? So far only the first book.
    • Have you read Isle of Swords or not? No, the stupid thing isn't even out yet!!
    • Your "Gateway" book--ie, the fantasy book that ushered you into a love for the fantasy genre.: Um ... uh ... I'm not sure, really. I've been a fantasy nut as long as I can remember *shrugs*
    • Anything else you want to share. : Can't think of anything at the moment. Sorry.
    Last edited by Pais Charos; July 26th, 2007 at 04:19 PM.

The same books that I love!

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Talking JAMES SOMERS: Author of The Chronicles of Soone

• Name or User Name
    James Somers
    • Interests/Hobbies
    Preaching and Writing Christian Fantasy Novels
    Oh yeah, baby and theyz goood too!
    Waitin on it to arrive!
    The Hobbit: CARTOON & The Star Wars trilogy
    • Anything else you want to share.[/QUOTE]

"I'm the author of The Chronicles of Soone trilogy (book one-Heir to the King-is available on Amazon.com) and I'm the pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Harriman, TN. Thanks to WAYNE BATSON's wonderful review of my novel, I've had a real opportunity to see the books published beyond the small independent publishing realm. Wayne You're a blessing, bro!"

Blessings,
    James