Hybrid View

The Door Within opens in the Washington Post and Fox National TV

Hey, all! I'm not back from the Fantasy 4 Fiction Tour yet! The Washington Post interviewed me about my books, and put the story on the FRONT PAGE!! Can you believe it? I fell out of my chair. This has led to a chain reaction of gigantic proportions--more below. Here's the link for the Post article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071702182.html

Due to the Front Page article in the Post, Fox News network has asked me to be on National TV this Friday on their Fox and Friends Show. 8:30 am, Eastern time. Tune in if you can!

This has all been too amazing.

WtB

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic, super stardom awaits .... and it all happened once you'd got an sffworld forum
    Seriously congrats mate (live national TV would scare me senseless though) good things, good things

Brilliant, Wayne! Don't wear stripey shirts and I'm sure you'll be cool.

Keep us posted!

Saw the interview! Very well done! Harry Potter did get me to read! No...I read the Young Jedi knight books before Harry Potter. I still love them! Anyway congrats!

I really enjoyed watching the interview. I think that it is great that you are getting this kind of publicity. I read The Door Within trilogy last and loved it and can't wait to read your new series. As a Christian myself I think it is awesome to see a Christian author get praise for his work from the media, and not just criticism because of his beleifs.

I made sure to set my TiVO to record it this morning. Great job and congratulations Wayne. Should be interesting to see what kind of spike your sales and Web site visits get because of the appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by fantastyfreak View Post
    Saw the interview! Very well done! Harry Potter did get me to read! No...I read the Young Jedi knight books before Harry Potter. I still love them! Anyway congrats!
    You are Da' MAN!! I was such a Star Wars geek. It was not uncommon to find me zipping around my backyard with a snowspeeder or a Tie-Fighter. lol

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    Brilliant, Wayne! Don't wear stripey shirts and I'm sure you'll be cool.

Keep us posted!
    Avoided stripey shirts but even with make up could do nothing to avoid showing the bags under the eyes from two weeks of touring. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    Fantastic, super stardom awaits .... and it all happened once you'd got an sffworld forum
    Seriously congrats mate (live national TV would scare me senseless though) good things, good things
    I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. But, funny thing, when the light went on, peace took over. I had hundreds of nice folks praying for me...that made a big difference.