Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10 Copies!? Fantasy Freak, you DA man. Thanks for giving the positive word of mouth. Suh-weet.

i went to the web page for fox and they had the video of Wayne Batson ther but for some reson i cat play it even though i have the flash player can some one put up here if that ok this this message bord that is

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Lightbulb WAyne set to carry the torch!

I'd say WAyne Batson is set to carry the torch for Christian Fantasy fiction in a big way. It seems very apparent that the Lord is putting him in position and opening all kinds of doors and opportunities.

I can't think of anyone better suited for the task. Go WAYNE, go!
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Regidor Dragon View Post
    i went to the web page for fox and they had the video of Wayne Batson ther but for some reson i cat play it even though i have the flash player can some one put up here if that ok this this message bord that is
    Hey, RD
    Try www.fantasyfictiontour.com

It should work there. Lemme know if you still can't get it.

WtB

Quote Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
    I'd say WAyne Batson is set to carry the torch for Christian Fantasy fiction in a big way. It seems very apparent that the Lord is putting him in position and opening all kinds of doors and opportunities.

I can't think of anyone better suited for the task. Go WAYNE, go!
    James
    Thanks for the encouragement, but for the record...if you're right, let it be known that this is just one more instance of God taking a broken thing and making something wonderful out of it. I'm willing, but He is able!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    Hey, RD
    Try www.fantasyfictiontour.com

It should work there. Lemme know if you still can't get it.

WtB

thanks that worked it was a bit short gald to see the door opening up
    for you and i hope for others as well

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement, but for the record...if you're right, let it be known that this is just one more instance of God taking a broken thing and making something wonderful out of it. I'm willing, but He is able!
    God is good at doing that ain't he!

I noticed so much unbelievable hatred when they put The Door Within on the front page of the WAshington post...for anyone who hasn't read that article and the comments that followed you really should...WAyne has the link over at his blog www.enterthedoorwithin.blogspot.com

It was astounding how many people came out of the woodwork to insult an author and a genre simply because it was Christian in origin. It had nothing to do with the quality of the writing, story, or how it is sellling.
    I say that because it seems to me that if another religious group were writing fantasy fiction under a religious genre, they probably would not have done that.

At any rate, The Door Within has been selling wonderfully and the writing is top notch and the story is quite unique. People have compared it to Narnia, but I think that is only an attempt to categorize it...the story has much more action and much stronger allegory...at least when compared to The Lion the witch and the wardrobe which is my experience with Narnia and probably most people's since it is the most accessible and most widely promoted.

There aren't any Mortiwraiths in Narnia, buddy! No Wyrm Lord either, baby!

James

Orianus Creation Series CoolDog's Avatar
    I'm glad to see you are doing well, Wayne. I have seen you and your novels around on various forums and websites related to Christian fantasy and science fiction for some time now. It is good to see one of us breaking through. I think as allegory Karen Hancock's books have done fairly well, yet your books are now leaping ahead. Don't let the anti-Christian backlash bother you--it means you are having an impact.

I am a fellow Christian sci-fi/fantasy writer as well, but my books are more straightforward and not allegorical. Some characters are professed Christians and I deal with their Christian walk and struggles. All of this alongside other characters that are unbelievers or are outright hostile toward the Lord. I dare say my novels will never see much broad acceptance, but I would hope they would build up struggling Christians, as well as open the eyes of the religious crowd who may not have truly accepted the Lord yet.

I usually fill my time writing my own works, but I do have times when I read fellow Christian authors. I have read L. B. Graham's series, Douglas Hirt's, and part of Karen Hancock's and also D. Brian Shafer's works. I've read all but the last Shane Johnson novel. There are a few others as well. I have always been intrigued by your novels, but have not picked them up yet. I will rectify that situation soon. I'll be praying for you, as I'm sure many in the world will come against you, as the gospel or anything related to it is offensive to the world.

D. Shane Burton, author of the Orianus Creation Series:
    Book one: Black Storm Rising
    Book two: When Worlds Rage
    Book three: Dark Tyrant's Ascension

Hey, Cool Dog

Very nice to meet you. Your books look very cool, and from the reviews, it sounds like you're stirring up some interest.

Thanks for the encouragement about the books. The bashing on the Post site isn't unexpected. Still you hate to see that many people so fired up for the wrong reasons.

Wayne Batson keep doing what God has call you to do... remember how
    they hated Jesus, so much so they nailed Him to a tree..
    I will encourage you as much as i can and i am suer others here will do
    as well and dont not for get prayer as well everyone i pre-ordered your new book for my brith day gift to my self ok your book will be out be for my brith day but what the heck LOL