Legends of the Guardian King

Anyone here read this series by: Karen Hancock. If you have not you should its awesome! Its the series that got me into Christian fantasy. I still remember that day at Borders, when I was looking for CS Lewis books when I saw this and bought the book. I read two months later, and read in about two days. I could not drop it, it was that awesome! I highly recommend this series! Its amazing!

Orianus Creation Series CoolDog's Avatar
    I've read the first two and agree that they are very good. I have the third book but haven't found time to read it yet. I have yet to buy the fourth and last one.

Shane

I agree. This is a great series. Karen's newest book in that series opens with one of the best "GOTCHA" moments I've read.

Thanks for starting this thread. I'd like to start a recommendation thread to keep it as a sticky post.

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar
    I've been reading this one on and off...lack of time.

I've not read the first two, so it's been hard for me to pick up on the story. I guess I really need to go back to the beginning and start there. Everything would make much more sense that way.

James

Can't find the first two

Other than on Amazon, I can't find the first two books in the series in any of our local bookstores. They seem to all have the current one, though. I really don't want to start with number three.

I read somewhere that the first book had a sex scene in it. Is this true? That's actually why I gave it a miss for the time being.

I know many fantasy readers disagree, but there is more than enough sex around if I just turn the TV on. I'd just as soon keep it out of my reading.

Anyway, I've heard good things about "Legends of the Guardian King" too, so I was curious about what amount of sex was in the book.

Thoughts?

They do not describe anything. Actually I thought it was a good addition, it helped to build Abramm as a character, a human who like all falls to sin. One of the problems I have with some Christian Fiction is some do seem to make Christians all honky dory, and totally saintlike perfect people. Why Karen Hancock's writing shines is its genuine and is one of the greatest illustrations of our walk of faith that I have read other than some of Madeleine L'Engle's writing. Later in the book Abramm asks for forgiveness for what he did, he regrets ever doing it.