Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Thumbs up The Wilderking Trilogy

I would love to recommend Jonathan Roger's Wilderking Trilogy!

I received The Bark of the Bog Owl in order to do a review for the upcoming CSFF blog tour for the series and absolutely loved it! I couldn't resist getting The Secret of the Swamp King (read it in two days) and then I just bought and finished The Way of the Wilderking.

This series doesn't contain dragons or fantasy creatures of any kind. The protagonist's story is very much a parallel to King David from scripture, but Jonathan has done such an amazing job of filling the story with great characters and fun writing that you don't miss the elves and dragons a bit and you can't wait to get to the next page!

Now this is coming from someone who initially thought he wouldn't like the book! But man was I wrong...the whole swampy premise turned me off, but I absolutely loved this entire trilogy from cover to cover. It actually had me beginning to get misty in a few places too.

The Feechies have to be some of the most fun characters I've ever read--think "Deliverance-banjo-kid comes to the King's court" or maybe just Earnest T. Bass on steroids!

This one is a must have--no kidding!

James

Major points for the Ernest T. reference!!!!

Master of Devon
    Stein Academy, home of the fantastic Mr. Suit.
    It only seems appropriate to mention the WHEEL OF TIME series now, as its author, James Rigney-- under the pseudonym Robert Jordan-- just passed away September 16. The final book will be released by his wife, Harriet, around 2009.

here is another series i think all of you will like

The Binding of the Blade

book one

Beyond the Summerland

is where the adventure begins for a band of young Novaana, eager to serve and rule the four regions of the world of Kirthanin. Kirthanin is enjoying a time of peace, though Malek, Master of the Forge, and the betrayer of old, controls Agia Muldonai, the Holy Mountain. Malek's servants are growing bolder and venturing further from their mountain stronghold, and the fragility of Kirthanin's peace is growing ever clearer. Join this adventure of friendship, love, and betrayal. Ride through majestic forests and sail the forgotten waters. Rest a while in a summer paradise and walk the streets of an ancient and forbidden city. It will be the greatest challenge of their lives, but it is only the beginning.

book two

Bringer of Storms

After one thousand years, Malek emerges to unleash the full force of his army. As Aljeron plans the final battle between Shalin Bel and Fel Edorath, Rulalin must make a horrible choice, while Queen Wylla is forced to accept that it is Allfather's will for her son Benjiah to face the ancient enemy of Kithanin.

book three

Shadow in the Deep

in the third book the rains fall and the floodwaters rise as Aljeron embarks on a dangerous quest across the forsaken land of Nolthanin. For all of Kirthanin, the days are dark and hope seems far away. And yet, in the midst of their darkness, a ray of light appears when Benjiah takes up Valzaan's staff and enters where all others fear to go.

book four

Father of Dragons

Malek has raised an army and is ready to unleash his forces against the population of Kirthanin. While desperate missions are undertaken to secure the safety of the Continent, Malek has one final score to settle. A boy with unusual powers now wields the staff of the great prophet Valzaan. The mission: to find the boy and destroy him. Meanwhile Aljeron embarks on a mission: to find the Father of Dragons. Finding the boy will seal Malek's victory, and finding the legendary dragon is the only hope for Kirthanin.
    Last edited by Regidor Dragon; September 28th, 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Chronicles of Narnia
    Last edited by Regidor Dragon; September 28th, 2007 at 11:50 PM.

Well, I'm alive on this earth...for now! :D

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    I second the Sword of Lyric series, they are great!!! Man I need some clavo, lol!

Books You Gotta Read Recommendations

Animorph series, Harry Potter, Bunickula series at least some books, Anne of Green Gables books, The Ancient One, some Goosbumps...thats all that I can remember for the moment. I read Where the Wild Things Are before elementary school, I think. I know that I have gone back to it a couple of times since.
    Last edited by kater; August 30th, 2009 at 02:10 PM.