author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Question Favorite Door Within Trilogy moments?

Hey, guys

What were your favorite moments in The Door Within Trilogy and why?

My favorite moment: was when the giant spiders attacked in the Final Storm. I thought Wayne did an excellent job of placing the reader in the middle of the action within that underground den of arachnids! It was a chilling moment for Aiden, going in after his comrades...into the dark.

James

Master of Devon
    Stein Academy, home of the fantastic Mr. Suit.
    I have two.

The first is in Rise of the Wyrm Lord. The scenes in which Aidan meets Antoinette and discovers her glimpse's identity are done so well.

The other is the very end of The Final Storm. Aidan asks King Eliam, "Are there adventures in the Sacred Realm?" and King Eliam smiles and answers, "Beyond your wildest dreams." The best way to end a book!

Um.... *glares* that's for me to know, and you to never find out. So there.
    Giants spiders? *shudders* I don't like spiders.

There's this game that I have though that has a breed of friendly spiders. Can't remember the name of them, though....

Let's see, I've only read the first TDW so...

I really like the fact that they ride UNICORNS!!

I liked it when Paragor started writing in the scroll, and before long his hand was writing stuff that he didn't want.

I also liked it when ... I think it was Gwenne who said that Aidan had been brought to Alleble for "such a time as this" I love Esther.

I love the part in the first book, when Aidan uses the herd of sheep to lead Paragor's soliders right into the mortiwraith's cave. That was so funny and so a creative way of rescuing Gwenne and the others who were captured.

Major SPOILER ahead! DO not read unless you want big time plot events revealed!

The end to The Final Storm was great, near the end where they all had to "die" I was in tears, it was a very powerful scene. Oh.. and the spider scene was awesome. Oh.. and Pais that line that King Eliam said at the end was a great nod to Narnia! Remember when Aslan said the same thing at the end of The Last Battle!
    Last edited by Wayne Batson; August 2nd, 2007 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Spoiler repair! lol

Um.... *glares* that's for me to know, and you to never find out. So there.
    OH yeah, I remember that. I love any references to Esther - she's my favorite Old Testament person.

Quote Originally Posted by fantastyfreak View Post
    I love the part in the first book, when Aidan uses the herd of sheep to lead Paragor's soliders right into the mortiwraith's cave. That was so funny and so a creative way of rescuing Gwenne and the others who were captured.

The end to The Final Storm was great, near the end where they all had to "die" I was in tears, it was a very powerful scene. Oh.. and the spider scene was awesome. Oh.. and Pais that line that King Eliam said at the end was a great nod to Narnia! Remember when Aslan said the same thing at the end of The Last Battle!
    YIKE!! Fantasy Freak, please post a note about SPOILERS. Some folks haven't read the whole trilogy yet. {cough} Pais, for instance.

Sorry! I'll remember to do that next time!

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Question Coolest Creature?

I'd have to say my favorite new creature from The Door Within series is definitely: The Mortiwraiths.

Cool Name
    Cool description and pretty bad in a fight too.

James

You may call me Evans. Thelmarie's Avatar
    Great moonrascals, that's a hard choice!! Probably... the very end of the Final Storm. It's so wonderful I get tears in my eyes every time I read it.

Never alone!,
    Thelmarie