Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Author

Quote Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
    Wayne--two quick questions:

Is Isle of Swords only going to be two books?

Is your new fantasy series going to continue with the teen genre or is it intended to be more adult oriented?

James
    1. Isle of Swords will have one sequel (planned as of now), but you never say never, right?

2. I think this new series will be perfectly appropriate for teens. I'd describe it this way: The Door Within is appropriate for any age reader who could handle Narnia. This new series will be best for those who can handle The Lord of the Rings...if that makes sense.

Master of Devon
    Stein Academy, home of the fantastic Mr. Suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Batson View Post
    For my next fantasy series, I'm going to propose it to TN. I LOVE working with them, and they do such a phenomenal job with production and distribution.

But I hope to stay with TN. I think this series will be the best thing I've ever written. God has literally been raining cool ideas into my head. I've got about 15 files chock full of fantasy goodness.
    Tommy Nelson looks good on you...

I've been looking for Isle of Swords, and haven't found it yet. Probably in some corner of my BORDERS store... Oh well, I'll probably just order it off of Amazon.com.

Any ideas as on titles for future books?

Still kicking around several title ideas for the Isle of Swords sequel. For the fantasy series, it's a little too soon to say for sure what titles might be.

author:chroniclesofsoone James Somers's Avatar

Lightbulb

Still kicking around several title ideas for the Isle of Swords sequel.
    How about:

Fire Storm?

Something with "MAELSTROM" in it?

Shoot...I still think Rain of Fire sounds great after reading Isle of Swords. If it's a two book series they do sound good together.

Isle of Swords and Rain of Fire...sounds pretty good to me. And they're both 3 syllable titles so that goes well phonetically...ooh, ooh is that even a real word?

James

Unfortunately Rain of Fire has been used twice in the last coupla years, so we're not going with it. Alas. I'm going to post the two newest possibilities on my blog. A little help?

Master of Devon
    Unfortunately Rain of Fire has been used twice in the last coupla years, so we're not going with it. Alas. I'm going to post the two newest possibilities on my blog. A little help?
    I think Crossing Swords sounds like a good title. It keeps with the "swords" motif and I can almost see the cover in my head.

By the way, I just got (and finished) my copy of Isle of Swords. They have it on special display at the front of my BORDERS. IoS is definately your best work. Great adventure, great intrigue, great spin on what is normally a cliche (Cat's true identity), and great job of making this a very different kind of story from Pirates of the Caribbean.

And it's good to see the Door Within Trilogy listed as bestsellers on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by alexrider12 View Post
    I think Crossing Swords sounds like a good title. It keeps with the "swords" motif and I can almost see the cover in my head.

By the way, I just got (and finished) my copy of Isle of Swords. They have it on special display at the front of my BORDERS. IoS is definately your best work. Great adventure, great intrigue, great spin on what is normally a cliche (Cat's true identity), and great job of making this a very different kind of story from Pirates of the Caribbean.

And it's good to see the Door Within Trilogy listed as bestsellers on the cover.
    Thanks AR. Glad to hear that Isle of Swords is Face Out. What Borders store was it?

My Borders does not have a display, will need to get them to make one, heh!

Master of Devon
    Thanks AR. Glad to hear that Isle of Swords is Face Out. What Borders store was it?
    It was at a store in the Clear Lake (part of Houston, TX) area. It was stacked very close to the latest Harry Potter book. It's right across the road from a Barnes & Noble store, so they must be thinking it'll do well.

Master of Devon
    ...and a Door Within MOVIE??? I mean, I just saw it on the site. I've always imagined the books as movies, but that's... incredible. And even if it gets turned down by this studio, it's apparent that Hollywood's interested, so that's never a bad sign.

I can just see a copy of TDW at BORDERS. There's this unknown teenage actor on the front (with blue eyes) and in some new and unusual font over his head:
    THE DOOR WITHIN
    SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE

Wow.

I just hope we don't have another Bakshi LOTR or Eragon experience. Your books deserve to be done right.

This won't hurt book sales, either...

Hey, AR, thanks. Movies would be cool. And true, I wouldn't want them done poorly.

Of course, if my movie rights ARE sold, there is no guarantee that a movie will be made. It's just an option. Still...you never know.

Master of Devon
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrider12 View Post
    Sorry. I mean Isle of Fire.

That title's even better, and it identifies the series more clearly (as if the cover won't anyway...)

I'm really excited about Isle of Fire. I just can't wait for it to come out. Keep on writing, Mr. Batson. Your books are inspirational to those who dream of writing stories in the future.
    Last edited by Miss Rose Took; October 9th, 2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

Master of Devon
    And The Dark Sea Annals? Sounds mysterious. Can't wait.

Well, I'll have to wait. And having Isle of Fire next year will help.

Okay. I'll wait.

Questions!

Can you tell us anything about what The Dark Sea Annals will be about? Sounds veeery interesting...

How did you come up with the names for your characters? (the Door Within in particular) Do they have meanings or are they just random syllables that sound fantasy-ish?