Intro to this New Collaborative Story Thread from a New Member

Hello Everyone. You all can just call me Cleo for short on here. I joined this site cause I have missed collaborative writing in the sci-fi and fantasy genre's and I was wanting a place to be able to do it again.

As far as how I'm expecting this story to go, I actually don't have any guidelines or requests per say. Just basic already established rules for this site, and other basic things like don't kill my character[s] or anyone else unless they are okay with it and stuff like that.

Though I've participated in collaborative stories, I've never actually been the one to start one on a thread anywhere before. With that being said, if there is some written or unwritten rule or something that I unintentionally break, I apologize and please correct it knowing it was unintentional.

Back to the idea of this new story I'm about to start, its fairly simple really. I'm going to write the first post/excerpt, the beginning one, and anyone and everyone is welcome to join in to the story with a character[s] of their own, and have them interact with what's going on with my character or someone else's character. Equally, as long as somehow it is going to connect with the already written plot eventually, people can feel free to write an excerpt/post that takes place somewhere else in the “world” but doesn't, at that time, interact with someone else's character. Think of this thread as an open roleplaying “world” or “universe” where you introduce your character[s] and have them get involved in the overall developing story.

Also, be prepared to be flexible, since anyone joining might have their character interact with yours and change the layout of your character's situation.

Interwoven plots involving your own character that eventually tie in with other people's plots are welcome, in other words. I personally don't have a specific overall idea for my own character's course through a plotline. I am planning on seeing how others write their characters into the story, and let my imagination take it from there.

And I apologize if I am confusing with this. Like I said, I have joined in on other already established collaborative stories, but never had to start one myself and explain the guidelines before.

If you have a question about this collab story thread, just send me a message or somehow communicate with me about the question. Otherwise, just be nice and have fun and enjoy writing. That's really all I have in mind. I am looking forward to the challenge of writing with new people whose ideas I won't know until I see their words on the thread!

So after this intro post, I will post my first story post/excerpt, and anyone can take it from there! Thanks!

Tiempa, the Woman of Many Places & No Identity

The young woman woke up, yet again, in a totally strange place, this time it was a very dark room. Other times it had been open fields of wild flowers, near foresty paths, on tree filled hillsides, farmlands, busy back streets of big cities, sometimes beaches, two times it was on ships out in the ocean, once it was on a bridge overlooking a river. It was always different each time.

She had never remembered her life, or anything about her identity, before these endless transportations. As for the transportations themselves, they happened at unpredictable times after sleeping soundly. One day she'd just wake up after sleeping and find herself in the new place.

After around 150 of them, she had come to a few realizations. First of all, she never seemed to age, which was easy to see since sometimes she stayed in a setting for several years, and yet as the years went by and the transportations went by, she always stayed in her early twenties. Secondly, she always seemed to be around at the right time to help with something very important happening nearby, and was able to directly impact the way in which the developing important situation transpired. Thirdly, she was always able to shapeshift into any living animal in between the shapes of a mouse to a horse. If it was bigger or smaller than that, she couldn’t change into it, but in between those sizes she could transform into it to achieve her goals and wishes.

Since she didn't know her name or past before these transportations, she called herself Tiempa. She was of average height, very well toned and athletic, had thigh length wavy black hair, usually tied back in a braid, a delicate face with high cheek bones, and emerald green eyes that could see very well in the dark like a cat. She could also hear as well as a cat, and smell as well as a dog. She was very knowledgeable with technology, and was always able to speak the language[s] of wherever she was at with no trouble. Though she never knew what the culture or history or current events were in the setting she wound up in, she had a quick wit and intellect, and vast stores of knowledge from her other settings, and all of those helped her to pick up on things fast.

She had also realized that all of the settings she found herself on were somehow interconnected with each other. She would occasionally see a familiar face here and there in passing from one setting to the next. Sometimes the news or the conversations of random citizens would refer to a past setting she had been at. Since she always remembered her past settings, she easily took note of the references and cataloged them in her mind.

Lastly, she had a superhuman, computer-like memory, that seemingly had no limit. She remembered virtually every detail of every experience she had in every location the way a sophisticated android would. She had no idea why she had such a great memory. But she fervently hoped that eventually the purpose and reason for all her transportations would reveal itself in her great memory of experiences, and that if she satisfied whatever that purpose was, she could eventually learn who she was, and go back to whatever more peaceful life it was she had enjoyed.

So, in yet another new setting whose landscape was so far only a dark room, she looked around. The room must have absolutely no light filtering in from anywhere, because even her catlike eyes could see nothing, make out nothing, within it. Carefully she stood up from her lying down position, and reached out with all her senses, and still, could detect nothing.

A soundproof, light-less room then? Or just a building in the middle of nowhere, that had such light sounds from outside of it that they couldn't be detected inside the room no matter how good her senses were? Or was some sort of sorcery or technology blocking her senses in this room? Many of her settings were filled with sorcery, others with high technology.

She frustratedly realized that she was not going to be able to discover a single thing at all about her new setting without moving, which was a totally new development for her, and one that made her very uneasy.