Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Idon'tknowwhatthatmeans. Mistress Maerad's Avatar
    The sun was replaced by pale moonlight, which cast a deathly chill over them. The Mistress crossed her arms, examining the surroundings with cool curiosity.

"I lost my bleepin cell phone!" he said in anger, throwing his green hands into the air. It was not a good day for mutants....

She admired herself in the mirror happily. "Like, these shoes are the best I've ever seen!"
    "Totally!" exclaimed Amy, trying on her own pair.

MnM

-------------------------

The antichamber that they were eventually deposited into was spartan, to say the least, Nils thought. "so much for warm welcomes!" he stated grimly.

"Edwards! What are you receiving?" Captain Davison barked.
    "I, I, ......"
    "Well, spit it out!"
    "I, I think it's.... God, Sir."
    Davison glared. "Put him through."

#### ND ####

"Hold your tongue, peasant, or it's the dungeons for you," snapped a guard. The Mistress raised her eyebrows at this exchange, but said nothing.

"Ow, I cut myself!" he said, cursing, before sucking on the little incision.
    If only he knew how much trouble one cut could cause.

sorry for taking so long......

Nils was about to issue a rather crude retort but was interupted as the ornate door at the end of the wall swept open.

"I'll give you a dollar for each one you catch." he offered.
    "I don't need your money," she grinned, "I'll do it just for fun!"

It's no problem, really. I just hang around here waiting for days. I'm fine *twitch* honestly *twitch, twitch*
    Last edited by NilsDesperandum; April 30th, 2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: forgot the quote marks *twitch*

The Mistress breathed deeply, looking towards the doors as Isadora swept into the room.

Then silence.

"So, at last you come," was all she said.

"Quick, get her into the Neuro room, the man goes in the blood donation.
    "Don't separate us.....please..."
    "But we must."

Ummm.....okay.....*backs away slowly, then grabs phone*

"Hello? Operator?"
    "Yes?"
    "What's the nearest asylum's number? I need it NOW!"

She was an imposing figure, to say the least. Exceeding six feet in height and dominant in pose and features both. But worn, Nils thought.

The line crackled once and was dead. She fumbled in the darkness for the drawer where the pistol was kept. It was open and empty.

OMG!!!
    Last edited by NilsDesperandum; April 30th, 2008 at 07:18 PM.

LOL

"Indeed, we come, Isadora," she hissed through gritted teeth. "The land needs your help. Surely you know what occurs?"

"I'm not coming back, though," he whispered, eyes a simply....sad, sad blue.
    "I understand," she said softly, and looked away.

MnM

"Needs me!" Isadora scoffed. "And what about when I had needs? Where was everyone then? Is it not fortunate that I can fend for myself?"
    "Is it alive?"
    "Not in the textbook sense, no."
    "Then what?"
    "It has a rudimentary awareness."
    "Is it aware of us?"
    "Not us, just you."
    Right, I'm off to prowl the streets now...I mean, I'm off to bed. G'nite.

Another go

well heres two more. The second one is actually 1 word over but couldn't find a word to take out.

Looking up from his book at the chaos and destruction all around him Chris had to wonder what he had missed in the last hour.

Upon reading the book he found himself engrossed in the story only to find that the end of the book was just the beginning for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krian View Post
    Upon reading the book he found himself engrossed in the story only to find that its conclusion was just the beginning for him.
    There u go

ND

I didn't do it! Fantasyeatergal's Avatar
    Québec, Canada (yes, I'm a french speaker, so you guys be nice when I'm not grammatically correct)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krian View Post
    Looking up from his book at the chaos and destruction all around him Chris had to wonder what he had missed in the last hour.
    I like this one! (this is so me... I've missed my bus stop countless times because I was engrossed in a book... or just daydreaming... ah, well )

Québec, Canada (yes, I'm a french speaker, so you guys be nice when I'm not grammatically correct)
    Humm… it has been some time. Let’s see…

“Soon, milady, you shall drink you heart content. Soon.” The old man whispered while sharpening his blade devotedly, a spark of madness in his eyes.

Auburn-furred Alien
    All right, here are the beginnings of some of the stories and novels I'm working on (... er, make that 'will be working on' if that ole debbil Procrastination ever gets off my back).

(And as you can see, I have a lot of work ahead of me)

Act Naturally

"Get me a dragon.”
    “What kind of dragon?”
    “What kind do you think?” Harold Creighton glared at the young man before him, chewed on his cigar.

Dragon Blood

She looked down at the dragon she had hit and a wave of disgust washed over her like a tidal wave.

Dragon Court

She soared high in the sky; long, broad wings still as she had caught an updraft that buoyed her large, golden body like a swimmer.

Damian

“They will find you.”
    He snuggled closer to her, and she stroked the top of his head with tender hands, caressing his ears.

Filly

"Damn it, not again."
    The last thing David Gilbert needed today was the return of his former trainer. Paul Brenner had deserted him three years ago to join Equine Electronics, Inc.

Flighting

I walked slowly into the therapist’s office, telling myself that it couldn’t be as bad as going to the dentist, but I wasn’t too sure about that.

Claws

She had preened herself prior to her court date this morning because she wanted to present herself in a good light.

Eternal Night

Pain: sharp, intense, throbbing; pain cutting through his body like a dagger, seeking out the most vulnerable areas, tormenting, torturing.

In Silence Revered

She stood before him defiantly, the twitching black tip of her tail revealing her unspoken anger. She knew he had asked her name a second time,

The Praying Bird

I had never heard of the Praying Bird until Khe'ăr Dhoren mentioned it at dinner one evening. Being a curious Tereskàdian I had to ask what it was,

Visions of the Alien

When I first thought of the possibility of acquiring a pair of Tereskàdians I had no idea what I would be getting into.

Thekherham: The Autobiography of an Alien

Where do I begin? There is a logical answer to that question, but somehow I think logic dictates I begin beyond the boundaries of my birth.

All right, so I got a little carried away with this. I opened up all these files, and thought I might as well put them all down, instead of one here, one there...

Hmmm, seeing that makes me want to go back to writing. I'm just not sure which story or novel to work on next.

Here's another... I can't help myself, I love remorseless assassins.

He was at my feet, pleading for his life. For his family’s sake. Pathetic, as usual. When about to die, men become such drama queens.

Auburn-furred Alien
    Here are three more openings.

The Dog Walker

My old man tells me I got to get a job and I tell him school's out for the summer, so he cuffs me behind the ear and says I shouldn't be such a smartass.
    (That's the first sentence of one paragraph I've done so far.)

The Rabbit and the Fox

"Mom says you shouldn't do that."
    "We don't have much choice, do we?" Kyle stuck out his thumb, waited for the oncoming car.

Phoenix

Christopher rose from his death bed for the sixteenth time in the last nine hundred years.