Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I'll try a serious one:

Blood burst from every orifice in the mans head, fountaining in all directions. His body slumped against the wall and slid down like a crimson slug.

Typing as I speak
    A crimson slug. Er... lovely imagery.

Anyway,

I tapped my fingers idly, just waiting for the mind-numbing boredom of the ICT lesson to end.
    Kind of spur of the moment.
    Last edited by Mechaniik; March 5th, 2008 at 09:02 AM.

I didn't do it! Fantasyeatergal's Avatar
    Québec, Canada (yes, I'm a french speaker, so you guys be nice when I'm not grammatically correct)
    For as long as I can remember, I've been talking to myself. Things went down south when something started to talk back.
    This is so much fun!

Idon'tknowwhatthatmeans. Mistress Maerad's Avatar
    I KNOW!!!!!

The bullet traveled, spinning slowly, before it struck the president. He grabbed his chest in shock as bright red spilled out over his shirt.
    "Come on!" she screamed. "There's no time! We can't stay in this dimension forever!"
    He watched her sadly. "There's always time."
    Then he closed the portal.

Québec, Canada (yes, I'm a french speaker, so you guys be nice when I'm not grammatically correct)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Maerad View Post
    What might blankets and a 1 inch long piece of tin foil have to do with each other? That's what I wanted to find out.
    I TOO want to find out!!

Here I go again...

"You can't hold them back forever", she said rolling her eyes.
    "Says who?", he asked with an impertinent tone.
    "Says me", a deep quiet voice responded.

Hahahaha. LOL. Me too...........that was a sort of spur nof the moment type of thing............................................. ..

The sky was pink, the grass was green.....and everything should have been perfect. But it wasn't. Not at all.

what about...

There are days when I feel like nothing can bring me down. Today was NOT one of those. I panicked.

"Oh please! Stop being such a pitiful excuse for a hitman, Ben. Go get that bastard this instant!", the boss yelled from his desk.

Here we go

Well might as well join in with a few of my own.

Standing alone on the precipice of disaster with the creatures coming for him he thought to himself. Hell found me.

Jack Braneer sat down next to a wall laying his shotgun by his side he sighed and tried to remember what exactly had just happened.

Krian watched as the black rose withered and died, things seemed to be going downhill ever since the twins had secluded themselves in the guild.

The tower stairs had damp moss growing in patches as he ascended into darkness following his captor.

this thread is quite fun and amusing.

But then the darkness and the silence left him, and all that he had was the hate in his eyes.

He felt his heart flutter as her eyes passed over him, she was the most beautiful thing ever.One day...he'll tell her hi.

Her golden eyes flickered for a moment, indecision dulling them. How could one so beautiful be ugly when caught here, in this place of deep regret?
    But, it seems dreams have faded into nightmares, and those have at last become a reality. Goodbye. I am sorry. Sincerely, Thomas.

there are so many on here that I think should one day become stories.....everyone's are so interesting.....

I doubt many stories begin with "But ... ", but it might be an interesting strategy to explore. It might be a way to refer to something from before, but leave it up to your reader's imagination.

Okay, let's try these...

Half an hour ago he had been dead, more or less. He wanted to vomit, but his last meal had been eleven years ago.
    "I quit!" Jackson said as he walked into the office.
    "Third time this month," Aimes said without looking up.
    (Some of mine are from stories I've written, or WIPs.)
    This is good practice.

B5

I hope he tells her hello soon.

Those were my thoughts when writing it. It is something new and different, and that is actually a story I hope to publish one day. It starts like that, as the last part of a letter, and then it's about the person who was being written to and her "journey" to solve what the letter is about, and where this Thomas is.

Anyway.....

She sighed as the flames enveloped her. It was finished.

The lullaby was soothing, gentle. He held his broken angel's body in his hands, singing quietly, until she softly, slowly......faded away.

"I'll miss you," she called halfheartedly.
    He turned, shaking his head. "Our bluff is over, Maureen. I won't miss you."

known as Noumenon no more Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    I like these three a lot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasyeatergal View Post
    For as long as I can remember, I've been talking to myself. Things went down south when something started to talk back.
    "Oh please! Stop being such a pitiful excuse for a hitman, Ben. Go get that bastard this instant!", the boss yelled from his desk.
    "You can't hold them back forever", she said rolling her eyes.
    "Says who?", he asked with an impertinent tone.
    "Says me", a deep quiet voice responded.
    I'd say you've got the starts of parts One, Two and Three of a grim/funny short story there.

The world was dead to me, as it was also to him, encapsulated as we were within this metal prison, descending, with no possible return.

Oh, just thought up another:

Yesterday's horrific scene remained frozen in his mind like a rorschach image. He new it would remain with him for the rest of his days.
    Is it me, or is counting words really difficult???