Night Shade Books

On another thread we brought up Night Shade Books, so I thought this might be of interest to other readers here than just me. A moment ago I went to their website (http://www.nightshadebooks.com/) to check the title of a book I mentioned in yet another thread, and saw they have a special on until March 29:

For a limited time, if you order The Imago Sequence and Other Stories in Trade Paperback, you can pick out any in-print Night Shade Trade Paperback for free.
    That's a direct quote from the webpage.

Rob, Kat, sorry if you consider this shilling. Let me know, I won't do it again.

Randy M.

No problem Randy, it isn't shilling.* They publish great books and are very savvy people when it comes to marketing themselves.

* I don't think you are Jeremy Lassen.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, it is good when we see these offers, even if we can't join in from other places.

Mark
    Mark

Ranke Lidyek
    I wonder if I can write Nightshade to get my money back for Grey by Jon Armstrong.

Sadly, I cannot recoup my time...

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    I'd like to point out that Night Shade's been having massive problems lately. They haven't published a book since November.

All the books scheduled to come out since then have been put on the backburner because of financial difficulties. I've been waiting for Madness of Flowers by Jay Lake since December. Every month or so Ross from Nightshade puts up a new message about the production dates, and every month again no books come out.

Check out their websites for updates. Madness of Flowers for instance was due in December, then January, then April 15th, and now there is no date anymore. Also books by Glen Cook, Graham Joyce and several others.

Well that would suck, as they were the most successful of the small presses (I don't count Pyr or Solaris as small presses,) and were putting a lot of good out of print material back in print. But it may be that the economy mess has gotten them stuck. So check out the backlist and buy it if you can, I'd advise. Let's hope they come through. I'd really hate to see the small press market die off. I'd also like to see Lake's next Flowers book. I was impressed with the first one.

It is rather annoying to visit the site again, after such a lovely update informing everyone that several titles would be out in April, to see that the two books I have been waiting several months for have once again been pushed off the schedule. Really looking forward to Madness of Flowers and How to Make Friends With Demons, both of which were supposed to have been released last year.

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    How to Make Friends With Demons, both of which were supposed to have been released last year.
    This one is easily available from the UK under the title Memoirs of a Master Forger by W. Heaney - it's a great book

Quote Originally Posted by suciul View Post
    This one is easily available from the UK under the title Memoirs of a Master Forger by W. Heaney - it's a great book
    Ah, thanks. I'll check that out.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    The small upside is that they now have The Imago Sequence by Laird Barron available, which means they might actually start shipping the other books on the list as well. Bar None by Tim Lebbon, Best Fantasy & SF from Strahan, now due in April again, hopefully they will come out. No date for "Madness of Flowers" anymore, but that may come.

Ah. I've been wondering why Nathalie Mallet's The King's Daughters kept getting pushed back.

I hope this doesn't screw up the Henghis Hapthorn series. Those are great.