Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fab new Pellinor website/The Crow

Hi guys - I'm sorry I haven't been around here as much as I should be, life is officially bananas and I'm having trouble keeping up. I have, actually, too many lives. I'm mostly reviewing theatre - I'm now officially a theatre critic for a big newspaper - which I adore, but it sure does take up a lot of time and organisation. And I just finished my next collection of poems, which is coming out next year. Life is crazy! Anyway, as part of the craziness, there's a wonderful new website for the Pellinor books, launched by Candlewick for the US release of The Crow, with all sorts of bells and whistles (and a shocking photo of me, I looked, well, a bit tired - I don't look like all the time, I'm sure. Bleah). Aside from that, there are author interviews, character descriptions, poems and lots of lovely graphics. So check it out here.

Oh, and THAT means that The Crow is officially out in the US! Woohoo!

PS The Q&A's you lovely people helped me with are up there too. I put an acknowledgement for your help at the bottom, but sadly they left it off oh well. Thanks so much for all your help.
    Last edited by alison; September 11th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Another M+C shipper! cutepuppy101's Avatar

Awesome!

Yaay! The crow is finally out in the US! Hehe..i'm gonna go buy it soon.
    Oh yea, and the website looks cool! the pronounciations are a nice touch...
    ok...

ps i'm a newbie here xD

Coshocton, OH. If you haven't heard of it and can't pronounce it, don't worry. You're just like the rest of the world.
    If you're new you should go introduce yourself, cute puppy! Don't worry, we give out treats! And once again Alison, the website is fabulous! I absolutely love the graphics at the beginning, they're beautiful!

Love it! I think its one of the best yet!

The graphics are superb and the pronounciation bit gives a nice touch, especially on the maps...

I tried the pronounciation for Maerad and Cadvan....when I played it, it was on a repeat loop so it was going on and on...Maerad...Maerad...Maerad...Cadvan...Cadvan... Cadvan...

Fan of too much to name
    wow...flashy site, pronouncing is a nice touch

wow: I just looked at the website and it's great!!

Firesong
    WOW It is soooooooo brlliant!!

Wow, that is a nice site!!!!

woweeee!! its such a cool website. I love the music at the beginging its a realy good touch

Coshocton, OH. If you haven't heard of it and can't pronounce it, don't worry. You're just like the rest of the world.
    Yeah, i really love the pronunciation; it's already helped me! I was so happy i had Maerad's name right in my head, but i always said 'Cadvan', 'Cad-VAN'. Like, the van you drive. Oh well, i'll probable still say it that way, i like it!

wow, that website is beautiful!
    I love it!

I love the site!! Especially the music bit as an intro.. but I think they should change the pic of Cadvan, it looks really really REALLY virtual.. not a good thing. But otherwise, the rest is wonderful!!
    Ooooooooooooo! and I heard about the next book - 'The Singing' or ;The Singer'??
    I cant wait to read it!!!

Firesong
    The singing. Have you read the sample chapters?

They are brill

Hello, xx-iva-xx! Go introduce yourself on the intro thread!

Downunder!
    under your bed were i will haunt your dreams
    i must have read the smaple chapter of the singing a million times and i cant wait until 2008...how am i going to be able to wait that long...i wish it would just come out now i cant wait until next year to get it