Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What To Read?

Smile What To Read?

Hello

I'm about to finish Ravenheart by David Gemmell, and I'm 100% certain to order one of J.V. Jones series in which will arrive in about 2 weeks, (Should I get the Book Of Words or the new series Sword Of Shadows?)

Anyway, out of my collection I have the following books to read until my new series arrives, what should I read?

THE GODS AWAKEN - Allan Cole

THE ELFSTONES OF SHANNARA - Terry Brooks

(After Qins little quibble about these books I want some reassurance that I didnít waste 100 bucks on ordering the whole series from my book club)

THE SWORDSMANS OATH - Juliet E McKenna

Or, last but not least...

THE KINGS BUCCANEER - Raymond E. Feist

Please help me decide what I should read to tide me over until either my Book of words series arrives or the Sword of Shadows, which ever people suggest I should read!

Banned
    Surprise surprise: Your book club just Ripped You Off. Get your money back and go buy Heroes Die instead. Or at the very least, get thee to Narnia. Anything better than Gemmel, Brooks and his army of Tolkien clones.

OK, if you think Gemmell is apart of the usual crap you can get the hell out of here, I aint listening to anything you say, you obviously have some problems...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would read the Book of Words trilogy first. I liked them and even though you don't need to read them to read the Cavern series there is a small crossover. Also Words is a complete trilogy while you will probably be waiting years for the Cavern trilogy to finish.

If you have read the Feist books that came before "THE KINGS BUCCANEER" and enjoyed them I would read that. If not then I advise you buy the Riftwar saga and "Prince of the Blood" before reading it. You don't need to but a lot of the characters feature in those earier books so you would probably enjoy it more.

Haven't read Cole or mckenna. As for Brooks well I read the first 150 pages of his first SHANNARA book and gave up.

Banned
    And that's why they have college courses on literary classics and not derivate nightmares like Gemmel. Surprise Surprise! Beep Beep! Zoom Zoom!

Originally posted by Caldazar
    I would read the Book of Words trilogy first. I liked them and even though you don't need to read them to read the Cavern series there is a small crossover. Also Words is a complete trilogy while you will probably be waiting years for the Cavern trilogy to finish.

If you have read the Feist books that came before "THE KINGS BUCCANEER" and enjoyed them I would read that. If not then I advise you buy the Riftwar saga and "Prince of the Blood" before reading it. You don't need to but a lot of the characters feature in those earier books so you would probably enjoy it more.

Haven't read Cole or mckenna. As for Brooks well I read the first 150 pages of his first SHANNARA book and gave up.

I have read every feist book except the kings buccaneer, the third krondor book, honoured enemy, and the new murder in lamut.

C'om Brooks cant be that bad? I only read the first one, it was OKISH but people say they get better?

Qin I think you need to be banned, you obviously only believe books with Barbie Doll Inc. on them are a decent FANTASY books

Banned
    Blog Entries
    THE KINGS BUCCANEER is a lead up book to the Serpentwar saga.

Banned
    So what you're saying is that: If everyone here liked Dickens, and you thought Dragonlance was superior, you'd be banned too? How's them apples?

Yes I know, actually shadow of a dark queen was the very first fantasy book i brought.

Qin take a look around, your replying to every thread in here with pathetic responseís I have already reported you to a mod, expect something to happen soon I presume.

Amazon.co.uk

Everyone at amazon gave elfstones 5/5 stars, they obviously enjoy it?

Banned
    Amazon.co.uk is your source for literary standards? No wonder you read David Gemmel. Betcha you listen to Harry Connick Jr. too. Triumph the Insult Dog to the rescue!

Back in Cairns enjoying the onset of Summer
    Unfortunately Mordread - that's probably the whole point of this childish exercise. Perhaps he's on some kind of time limit, as his attempts seem to have picked up in the last day or two.

Banned
    Pepsi and cigarettes babe; they do wonders for you at 1 in the morning.

Gemmell has written some of the best books I have ever read, I dont know what you classify has TOP stuff, but again, I bet those barbie doll magazines set a high standerd!

Banned
    The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer and the End of Racism by Dinesh D'Souza - who also wrote the great 'Illiberal Education.' Good book for anyone who wants their head on straight while in college.