Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    9th March '09.
    I'm pretty sure that's when it is.

Wandering Minstrel Tren of Ettinor's Avatar
    That's the day after my birthday. But as wonderful a birthday present as tat would be, I really don't think I want to wait that long... We shall see.

Amazon says the Singing comes out the 24th of February. Which is earlier than Alison's original date. Is this true!?!? is it really just over a month?

Why, oh why, was I cursed with being American!? xD I hate waiting.

Grows a lily on a briar Echowindsong's Avatar
    I alternate between Edil-Amarandh, Narnia, Alagaesia, Agrabah, Bayern, Araulen, and the real world.
    Blog Entries
    Arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    I made a NEw Year's Resolution not to buy The Singing until it came out in paperback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I dont knwo how long i will last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~ Echo

I really hope it comes out in February instead of March! If that is the case, then we have 21 days to go!

Atra esterni ono thelduin
    I had no idea it was coming out then . I just found it a few weeks ago at Borders. Loved it ^.^

Just bought the entire series online and am waiting for the last 3 to arrive at my house (since I flew through the Naming lol). SO EXCITED. I've read 1-3 already but am re-reading them to prepare me for the Singing. I am absolutely beyond excited. I rarely buy books because I don't usually like them enough to read them more than once, but these are an exceptional piece of work. Every description is a line of Alison's beautiful poetry, every exchange between Maerad and Cadvan is well-thought through.

OF COURSE what I mean is that Alison did a great job TRANSLATING the manuscripts. *cough*

Dena! Welcome back!

And yay!

lost.in.my.imagination. Anna E.'s Avatar

First Four Chapters of The Singing

Okay...I know I am a late Pelinor fan, and that this is pretty much a dead thread, and a slow forum, but I just had to tell someone how much I liked the preview of The Singing on Alison's site! I am getting The Crow and The Singing next week! Yes, I read the preview of The Singing prematurely, but I JUST HAD TO!

I cried like a baby when Maerad was thinking of Dernhil!

Gah, I really do not like the Australian verison cover of the books, but seeing as how I've bought all of them in that format, I guess I will have to get The Singing in that one as well. I haven't had any luck finding it yet =/

Anywho, I can't wait to get my hands on The Singing (I know I'm a bit late...)

Actually, I think they haven't published The Singing to match the previous Australian covers, but instead re-released all the books with covers like the UK ones in Australia. So I don't think you'll be able to find a copy to complete the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirkana View Post
    Actually, I think they haven't published The Singing to match the previous Australian covers, but instead re-released all the books with covers like the UK ones in Australia. So I don't think you'll be able to find a copy to complete the set.
    Curses! Now I feel like buying the whole set again but in the UK verison ==' Oh well, as long as Cadvan is in the story I guess I'll be more than happy

That's exactly what happened here - which is very unfair to faithful Pellinor readers who have followed it from the beginning! Personal apologies from me - authors don't have anything to do with these decisions. But if you want a matching set, I'd buy the English edition!

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    That's exactly what happened here - which is very unfair to faithful Pellinor readers who have followed it from the beginning! Personal apologies from me - authors don't have anything to do with these decisions. But if you want a matching set, I'd buy the English edition!
    Yup, I can't find any of the Australian covers, even though I live in Sydney. It's such a disappointment!
    Oh well, as long as I get to read your books, I'm more than glad Alison