Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Introduce yourself and say 'Hi'. This is the thread to say 'Hello' in (v2)!

Welcome to the newies, and the not-so newies too heh.

Happy New Year.

Greetings from 2007 to those in 2008, and thanks for mentioning A Fish in the Swim of the World - it was not easy to get it, but it is very small World in the Net !

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    Proud sff member since 2001, and have I ever found the introduction thread?

Well, obviously, no. How embarrassing.

Hello new guys, and welcome. This is, I'm certain, the best sff forum on the net. I have a somewhat unruly forum of my own (Alison Croggon), a friendly place but definitely for those for whom Pellinor means squee, but there are plenty of little nooks full of interesting conversation. Best of all, a friendly place. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    Beneath that unruly exterior is thhe core of a well structured forum with many on topic threads... but yeah... squee... ah crazy fangirls!

Welcome to everyone! Happy new year! may this new year bring you much love and prosperity!

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a quick check: As it is a New Year, and the last thread was 1700 posts long, (not to mention nearly 5 years old!) I thought it was time for a new one.

(The old thread is HERE, but now closed.)

Here's where new people can introduce themselves and say 'Hi' (as the thread title says!)

Hello everyone!

Mark / Hobbit
    Mark

Hello

Hello! I'm Awesomerthanu, some of my friends also call me Dean (boy name yes, but I'm a girl). My friend made me join to get updates on The Singing and ...yeah....just here to say hi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomerthanu View Post
    Hello! I'm Awesomerthanu
    i duno, i'm pretty awesome and would be willing to debate that

Anywhoo, hello, welcome, and happy new year everyone.

Well, I've been here before.

Hi. I'm Dave.

I hope to have some interesting discussions here about fantasy, sf and all that good stuff. Nice to meetcha. [Yes, I was here for a short time a while back.]

Newbie from Missouri

I was lookin around searching for books. That is how I came to find this site.... can't wait to get suggestions for new books to read.

I've been on the lookout for a good internet community with the same interests as me - you'd think with such an abundance of geeks, we'd somehow find each other more easily!

My name's Kristal, by the by.

Hello

Hey, just wanted to poke my head in and say hello. I'm a forum junkie, though I try to stay away since I'm only procrastinating. Anyway, I'm an fantasy writer yet to be published, so I suspect I'll be lurking in the writing section more than anywhere else.

Cheers!

Hi All,

I'm new to the site but not to SF / Fantasy, i've been a fan for about 25+ years now and still can't get enough. My introduction to SF was John Normans Gor books and from there went to Pern ( Anne McCaffery's books) I've had serious love / hate relationships with all the various books, authors, characters and worlds i've explored. I'm thrilled to find this website, I'm hoping it will help me sort through all the options for my next adventures.

I've just finished Dies the Fire by S.M Stirling and discovered PA.. I absolutly love it and recommend it. what food for thought.

Happy new year !!

~τΏτ~

Lisa

Hello all. I actually registered some time ago, but somehow neglected to introduce myself or post anything... for shame.

Anyway, I'm Noctuary, long time fantasy/horror/SF fan. I live in the US, and my career is government law enforcement agent. I haven't been coming to this site for terribly long, but I'm very pleased to find a forum that has intelligent and active conversation, as it seems like it's either one or the other at most forums. Not a big fan of overlong introductions, so I'll wrap this up with hoping to have some interesting discussions here. Take care all.

Hello...again

Greetings everyone...

This is actually the second time I introduced myself. I sort of got lost and landed in the world of Alison Croggon. I'm excited to check out all this place has to offer. I received an English degree back in college but ended up in the emergency services field so I haven't had a lot of time to keep up my writing skills. I am currently taking a fantasy/scifi writing seminar hosted by the one and only Elaine Cunningham. It has been a truly wonderful class to really motivate me back into writing and reading. I hope this forum will help me along as well. Thanks.

Jeff

A hidden gem of a rock Armadillo-Rok's Avatar

Am New here

Hi to one and all, as you all know by the title. So this place looks kind a cool to hang out, can't wait to post my works here.

See ya around

Welcome matey,

Always great to have new users joining!

Don't hesitate to ask for any help in getting started.

See you around the forums!