Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Hi guys. My name is Mihai and I just joined today. I also run my blog Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews. I love reading and I'm a big fan of Fantasy, Sci-Fi and horror books.
    Hi once again.
    Last edited by Nimea; May 11th, 2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: removed sig

Hello my peeps

Im really happy that i finally found a cool forum, if anyone knows any Ringo Specific forums, shoot them over to me pretty please. this forum seems pretty legit im excited to start snoopin around

Hi everyone.

I've been a bit of a long-time lurker on these boards, but finally decided to sign up. My name is Seth, I'm from Australia, and fantasy is my preference, though I do love SF as well. Not so much into horror, but definitely love weird, surreal, and strange writing. Currently keeping myself occupied by finishing an English Honours degree.

Hello there,

Go by the names of Jake or Scorps,depending.Hail from Minnesota the TFArchive and found this place on accident and liked it.Like just about everything in the genres,SF and Fantasy being preffered.

Another newbie.

Hello everyone! I just signed up today and thought it would be best to introduce myself. My name is Christopher and I'm currently living in Tennessee. I really enjoy high fantasy but I've been known to read a Sci-Fi novel from time to time. Writing short stories will hopefully be a hobby that can carry me through the years as I've given up nightclubs and drinking in favor of more constructive pastimes. Look for me to be posting sometime soon but don't get your hopes up. =)

Paula Brown

Hey everybody! My name is Paula Brown. I've been lurking for a few days, and signed up yesterday. I've just had my first novel, Dream Wanderers, published. It's been an interesting journey. Anyway, there is so much information here that it's going to take me a while to get through it! I hope be actively joining in on the conversations soon.

Irradiated
    Greetings humanoids.

I've actually been a member for quite a while, but its been months since I posted and I stuck to the writing forum only.

I'm a huge sci-fi fan and I love military sci-fi and "classic" sci-fi. Thus big Heinlein reader. Also a reformed 40ker.

I'm US military, EOD. But before that I waqnted to be a comicbook artist. So, yeah, a life contradictions.

Hello to all

Hello!
    Just registered and now it might be a good idea to introduce myself.
    I'm 52, have been SF & Fantasy fan ever since I can remember.
    I especially like Robert E. Howard.
    My other interests are swordplay and costuming. Medieval costuming, Hyborian (fantasy) costuming and StarWars costuming.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Artist Moderator Ariana's Avatar

Talking Newbie! ha!

Quote Originally Posted by iamliz View Post
    Hi, i found this site and i love it.I've always been a fan of fantasy, mostly vamps, weres and things like that, and i just love books in general.I've read some sci-fi but not a lot.Anyone have any suggestions?

I hi-jacked this qoute because iamliz, I think you'll love Dune (*Bene Gesserit Witches RULE!) and also would recommend some classic Anne McCaffrey because she has a way of illuminating emotions!

To all else here, Hi I am new, about 2 days old and already all over the boards! I am an artist, and I do a lot of different styles. If you look at this post there are some samples and also some freebies and an offer to create you something unique!

Nice to meet everyone!
    Ariana

Smile Greetings

Hello everyone!
    As a new user I would like to introduce myself I come from Poland so English is not my first language. I hope that everyone will forgive me all mistakes that may occur.
    Apart from reading books I take photos and learn languages.
    My favourite writers are Tolkien, Gaiman, Pratchett, Sapkowski, Lem and a few others.

Hi everybody!

My name is MattC, I am here because I love reading and writing Fantasy/Horror. I've been lurking here for months but have now decided to finally join, half because the only writing forum I used to hang out on is dying. I don't get the impression that the same will happen to this site.

Noobish question: How do you submit a short story? I completed one recently that is in the fantasy/horror genre. One day I would like to submit it to a publisher, so I need feedback etc.

Hullo!

I'm Charlie and after lurking around the fantasy section of this forum for the last week I've decided to join. I've been reading fantasy as my preferred genre for as long as I've been serious about reading. I'm midway through a BA in english lit and art history but I've been on a semester long break to clear my head a bit. Basically the only thing I've done during this break is read fantasy, hahaha. It's been great! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some relatively worthwhile comments now and then. We'll see

At the moment I'm 3/4 of the way through Greg Keye's Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone and I'm loving it! Anyone else here a Keyes fan?

Irradiated
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post

Noobish question: How do you submit a short story? I completed one recently that is in the fantasy/horror genre. One day I would like to submit it to a publisher, so I need feedback etc.
    The "Writing" forum is where you can submit short stories for critque.

Grrena

Talking Rina says g'day!

Hi my name is Karina , although my mates call me 'Rina': I live on the gold coast- have the following pets: one cat, one dog, one boyfriend......
    My main reason for joinning up is so that i have a wider resource pool of intelligent people to discuss topics that are a little 'outside the square'. My main topics of interest are exopolitics, alien/ government conspiracy, hidden/ alternative histories, astro - theology. I am also happy to say that sffworld has accepted and posted some of my artworks ( which are ALL original works ) which are based around the above mentioned topics- look for these in the art gallery- specially "Dad I crashed the ufo"2008.
    Hope to chat to ya all real soon!!

Smile

Hello all!
    I've been poking around this site for quite a while and figured I'd go ahead and join! I'm a short story writer, dealing with science fiction, fantasy, and horror (wait, this is a romance site?!). I've got a few publications under my belt now and have just recently opened up my first author site My real love is writing my novels, and I'm still in the process of hunting down an agent for them.

Howdy!