Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Hello all from czech rep. also I need advise from the members here.

Hi all, I'm involved with a metallic foil prints, with mainly a fantasy motives.
    (dragons, fairies, unicorns, dolphins, wolves, indians tigers and many more).
    I'm looking for people out there in the world who would be interested selling these types of prints on fantasy festivals/cons. I could send more informations if requested and website also, not sure if it is possible to post websites here?
    Any suggestions welcomed,

Thanks all,

Stefan

Hi all!

Call me Ace. Finally coming out of the woodwork to say hello to everyone.

This looks like a great place. Looking forward to chatting with all-y'all.

Is the welcoming committee on holiday? Well, let me stand in. Welcome to all of you. It's a nice place. Have fun.

I suck at this. I hope the committe's back soon. Should I hand out garlands? Last time I used triffids. That didn't go down to well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
    Is the welcoming committee on holiday? Well, let me stand in. Welcome to all of you. It's a nice place. Have fun.
    Thank you for the welcome!

I feel all warm and fuzzy now...

I suck at this. I hope the committe's back soon. Should I hand out garlands? Last time I used triffids. That didn't go down to well...
    Ooooh! I'll take a triffid. They're cute an' purty.

I'll call this one Audrey 2...

Quote Originally Posted by AceTachyon View Post
    Ooooh! I'll take a triffid. They're cute an' purty.

I'll call this one Audrey 2...
    There you go: a garland of triffids. Dunno if they're gonna sing, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
    There you go: a garland of triffids. Dunno if they're gonna sing, though...
    They won't sing? What?!?!

What a gyp!

They--OW! Hey! It just poked me with a---

*drops dead*

(Hmm...I wonder if Haley Joel Osment can see me now...)

hi all go to link and loook at the stories created and join in

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...d=1#post532606

Quote Originally Posted by AceTachyon View Post
    (Hmm...I wonder if Haley Joel Osment can see me now...)
    Dunno. But you'll find this place is kind to everyone, even the vitally challanged.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansgirl
    hi all go to link and loook at the stories created and join in

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...d=1#post532606
    One of these days I'll read Alison's books...

Hi everyone.

I've just discovered this forum and since I've got a few books that I'm looking for the title or author, I figured I'd join.

A little bit of information about me;

-I'm French Canadian.
    -I'm not writer, don't know if I ever will be (no gameplan so far).
    -my sister introduced me to literature when I was 13 with The Talisman (Stephen King\Peter Straub) and never stopped reading since then.
    -Fantasy & Sci-fi are my favorite choice when it comes to pick a book altough I won't limit myself to these genre.

Found the forum while trying to find suggested books.

Bonne journée as vous tous.

Thought I would register and say hello.

Slightly obsessive reader of SF since I found Starman Jones in a Melbourne public library in 1976 as a 9 year-old. Have haunted second-hand bookshops ever since and built up an impractical collection of dog-eared pulps and old SF magazines. That world has really started to go downhill with the advent of the internet used book market.

Interests range from ERB to New Wave and most genres in between. I have recently been trying to update myself with stuff published in the last 10 years.

And if anyone else has read any of JP Martin's Uncle books I will be very happy.

I always feel awkward writing in welcome threads but I do appear to be new so, um, hello. I rather like Fantasy, and stuff. Mostly Fantasy, but stuff is okay too, I guess.

Blog Entries

hello world

Hi, folks. I just found this site (while looking for something else) and decided to sign up.

I write stuff and draw stuff.

New here - just to say hello!

Just barely found this forum and certainly glad I did.

Rather long story, however I am the "new guy on the block" as you can tell.

I wrote several short stories nearly 16 years ago. Several start and stop efforts to clear and edit them over the last 15 years and finally last December I tackled them in earnest.

Being totally green to this field, I searched for publishers and found several "pay to publish" and when I discovered that they were set aside in my outbox.

Finally found one that seemed to hold promise so I submitted my manuscript to them on the 18th of March of this year. A few days later a friend of mine told me of a "literary" agency named "Abbcus" and said they appeared to be good. So - I sent them a copy of my manuscript also.

I figured, that being green and unpublished, I would go with whatever I could get. As it turned out the first publisher sent me an e-mail on the 30th that they had received the manuscript and would get back to me in a few weeks.

Well - it didn't take a few weeks because 2 days later they sent me an acceptance e-mail and a sample contract that if I agreed to they would send me a hard copy to sign and return.

I received the hard copy contract on the 9th of April and signed it and sent it back.

Then - the Abbcus group sent me an e-mail on the 13th (sent on Easter Sunday at 12:30 their time in Ca), advising they wanted it and sent me a contract.

Now - after being published once, and a second manuscript accepted and a contract signed for the second one under way ----- I discover some rather unsavory facts about the publisher and then also on the "Abbcus" folks.

The publisher ----- PublishAmerica.

My first book is "Golden Grass" and my second one is "The Velvet Rocking Chair".

I have to say that several things race through my mind and one of them is the fact that PublishAmerica did give me a chance to publish that possibly others would not have.

That said - I now feel that my first book "Golden Grass" does not have a chance to live up to it's potential.

I have concentrated on developing a list of good literary agencies and will now begin to try and work through them for my future efforts. My future efforts include a total of 8 other manuscripts all done and ready to submit.

Can't cry over spilt milk, however I can alter my direction.

Good to be here

God Bless

Bill

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello sepisllib, Perspicuus, Geoffrey Thorne, and O Goncho!

WELCOME TO SFFWORLD!
    enjoy here!

and oh, O Goncho, were on the same boat!

Quote Originally Posted by dawnstorm
    One of these days I'll read Alison's books...
    YES, that is VERY advisable.
    it is a VERY good, enchanting, amazing and wonderful book!

Talking Hello

Hello SFFWorld!

You can call me Lightsong here, or LightsongTheBold if you wish . I am currently a migrater from wotmania.com which is shutting down so I'm looking for a new place to spend my time discussing fantasy. I'm going to give this site a chance, but honestly it will be competing with other forums. I want to find one good one that I enjoy attending. I'm a senior in high school, I live in New England. I play tennis, football, basketball, and baseball. I am a theatre student (and a good one at that). I enjoy movies and am known to my friends as a respected critic . I watch anime, my favorite has to be Yu Yu Hakusho, but I like things like Elfen Leid, FullMetal Alchemist, DBZ, and others. And obviously I like Fantasy. My favorite authors are Terry Pratchett, Robert Jordan, and Steven Erikson. I recently started reading Brandon Sanderson and have loved him.