Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Good to see you back QA!

Thankyou

Hi everyone, I'm Nikita a 30-something mother of two. When I have free time (which isn't much with two wild boys to take care of), my nose is always in a book. I'm mostly a sci-fi fantasy reader, but have known to crack open a few horrors or even a mystery or two.

Well let me be the first to offer you a hearty SFF World welcome.

Cheers and enjoy the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Aurora View Post
    Hello again, back after a few months of sorting stuff and actually not reading at all :/ But back again and must pick up a book or 2 at some point.

Hope everyone is well, QA xxx
    Welcome back! Just hasn't been the same without you. Nice having my road dawg back around. *DAPS*

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Welcome back! Just hasn't been the same without you. Nice having my road dawg back around. *DAPS*

That's cool... I have missed ya too!

I haven't even read anything for 5 whole months, recommend me a book pwease

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Aurora View Post
    That's cool... I have missed ya too!

I haven't even read anything for 5 whole months, recommend me a book pwease
    Have you read The Name of the Wind yet? And if so have you read book two, The Wise Man's Fear?

If you are looking for a standalone, I think you would enjoy Neil Gaiman's Stardust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita42 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Nikita a 30-something mother of two. When I have free time (which isn't much with two wild boys to take care of), my nose is always in a book. I'm mostly a sci-fi fantasy reader, but have known to crack open a few horrors or even a mystery or two.

Hiya , I'm Amy a 20-summin' mother of 3 mental children, hope to see you around

A house on a hill somewhere in Australia.
    Blog Entries
    Hi, I'm Daniel, I'm a 25 year old Creative Writing student in Brsibane Australia with no kids or wife/girlfriend, living with... stressful... parents, a really cool (but not-very-bright) brother, and two Jack Russel dogs. I'm into Rock music, lame Action/SciFi movies, fantasy books, the occassional sci fi, the too-often-to-be-healthy video game, and sometimes I even write.

At the moment, I'm working on my first intent-to-publish book, Children of Fire, which is a "post apocalyptic urban fantasy like Heroes with magic" (someone at a NaNoWriMo gathering).

I'm a lurker. I have Asperger's Syndrome and a lack of motivation to actually go through with stuff. No matter how bad I am, my best friend is 1000x worse. But we've been BFF's since 3rd grade.

I joined a while ago but Uni really ate up my time. Though I finished *every* assignment before the due date, so go me.

I also write D&D campaigns and enjoy late-night writing exercises. Nope, not nerdy at all.

Nerds rock

Blog Entries
    Hi Dan, you remind me of myself in so many ways. I write, but never more than four paragraphs on any one story. I've also been looking for something in the "post apocalyptic urban fantasy like heroes with magic" genre for quite a while now- you read my mind.

A house on a hill somewhere in Australia.
    Blog Entries
    I've been telling people I'm psychic for ages!

Hi,

Just saw this thread. I guess I've been too focused on the Sci-Fi and Fantasy/Horror sections. :P

I just started reading regularly about a year and a half ago. I like to talk about books so I figured a forum like this is the best place to do that!

The first book I read a year and a half ago (maybe closer to two years now, hard to remember) was The Stolen Throne which was written by David Gaider for a video game called Dragon Age. I enjoyed the story and when it was over I felt lost. So I started asking my friends that read regularly for books. Since then I've never been without a book. Probably the best thing that ever happened to me, because I love to read.

Hello, this year folding up my secondhand bookdealing business after 20 years of mostly selling to tourists here in the tropics so don't need to keep up to date with popular fiction(phew) and can read what I want, which is autobiographies of nonentities and..of course, science fiction. What joy!.
    However, should I malign Australians by saying they're a nation of non-readers (lol surely not) but I do need pointers for finding old and new books in science fiction, rather scarce here in the rainforest, hence I joined this long in existence and popular site. As with art, I knows what I like and want more of the same, great to see discussions for and against various sub genres.

Blog Entries
    Hello There. I'm logged in as Glen - and that's my name. I'm here to see what's happening in the SFF world for interest's sake, and also to help me work out ways of marketing my own SFF comedy novel, which is here:
    http://amzn.to/mmdIon

The cliche would be to call that shameless self-marketing, but there is shame. Well, perhaps not shame, that's a strong word. But maybe a little remorse. Well, maybe not remorse, strictly, but perhaps a little regret. Because I would prefer, really, to be writing the next novel.

Well the SFF comedy novel is called "Joseph Sin" and I think it's got plenty of SF & F in it, but probably not enough gags to make it a 100% C. It makes me laugh, and it makes me cry, but I shouldn't be laughing (or crying) at my own jokes.

The next one is a SF horror - but there's a long way to go on that one. I aim to have it finished by the end of the year.

Ok, so that's me. Hope to hear from some of you. Cheers.