Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Artist, Cartoonist & Dude Action Avenue's Avatar
    Thank you, ubergeek. I appreciate it very much.

Halfway between Nashville, TN and Horsley, NSW. Also: www.gainespost.com
    Welcome!!!

Hi guys,

My name is Gabe and I've been a fan of sci-fi and fantasy literature for my entire life (which is not a very long time at all, truth be told). Anyway I think it all started when my father found his battered copy of 'The Wizard of Earthsea' and read it out to me. Anyway I love genre fiction, and if there's one thing I enjoy more than reading it, it's writing it.

Anyway, I've been reading these forums for a little while without having an account, so I can't wait to weigh in on some of these discussions myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gainespost View Post
    Welcome!!!
    Thank you, gainespost. It is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe. View Post
    Hi guys,

My name is Gabe and I've been a fan of sci-fi and fantasy literature for my entire life (which is not a very long time at all, truth be told). Anyway I think it all started when my father found his battered copy of 'The Wizard of Earthsea' and read it out to me. Anyway I love genre fiction, and if there's one thing I enjoy more than reading it, it's writing it.

Anyway, I've been reading these forums for a little while without having an account, so I can't wait to weigh in on some of these discussions myself.
    I'm new to this particular forum, but I will extend a welcome to you. It seems like a nice place to hang around and discuss great sci-fi.

I guess I should introduce myself before I make too many posts. My name is Scott Seldon. I've been a fan of science fiction since childhood. I am also a writer and I have several books out in a space opera setting.

To me a story can't be good unless it is about people going through something I can relate to. I'm not a big fan of hard science fiction, not unless the author is good at creating realistic characters. I prefer a little less science and more substance. While I enjoy watching the wide variety of things Hollywood puts out, I prefer to read and write stories that avoid the fantastic. The science has to be at least believable as you read it.

Welcome, SR Seldon!

Hello all forum member's

Hello friends. i am Rooz merry..

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Howdy Gabe, Action Avenue, Rooz Marry (merry?) and SR_Seldon! Sorry, if I missed anyone.

Welcome to SFFWorld.com.
    Last edited by N. E. White; September 11th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo

Who's Amalgalia

Hello,
    I'm a french guy, 33 years ago, I'm living in St jean de Luz, french Basque Country, Pyrénées Atlantiques.
    I'm a pure passionate person of literature, my reference works englob Shakespeare theatre, all the authors of sc fiction since 80's by way of Lovecraft, Howard, Orwell, - and L Caroll, Dickens, Baudelaire, Hugo, Rabelais, Dante !-

I'm a rolist too. (Whmmr 2, DD3/4,cyberpunk 2020)

My conception of the Science fiction writtings is based on spectaculars scenes of theatre in the univers, magic space operas where characters and machines are bordering on the sublime, like enraged by the breath of the Ages, time, wars, human fury :
    anywhere spaces exist accordind to the chronologies' breaks, there's a place for my key fictional charater who says :

"I have already been man whose the destiny could have been." (Mournn de Tristannaverniles)
    -J'ai déjà été l'homme d'un destin qui aurait pu être-

Here's on this forum, for the american and britannic amateur writers few extracts of "The Memory of the Future" -Le Souvenir de l'Avenir- by someone in France -amateur like you- in french-speaking and its traduction in your difficult foreign-speaking for me !

I hope you'd be comprehensive and, what's most important, delighted by my humble contribution on this site !

Amalgalia

Welcome, Amalgalia, to the forum!

I suppose this is where I'll go first.

I'm Lindsay, Sci-Fi and Fantasy fan since birth. I write novels, screenplays, and comics in those genres, nothing serious, just for fun. I'm a trekkie (TNG fan, mostly) but hope to discover new things on here

Welcome

welcome dear on this forum..i hope you will enjoy this

Quote Originally Posted by Efahvezin View Post
    I suppose this is where I'll go first.

I'm Lindsay, Sci-Fi and Fantasy fan since birth. I write novels, screenplays, and comics in those genres, nothing serious, just for fun. I'm a trekkie (TNG fan, mostly) but hope to discover new things on here
    Welcome! This is a pretty cool forum and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello! I'm Moth, currently studying at uni, mostly fairly shy.
    I'm not sure how to summarise my sff interests - I've read a lot of fantasy basically my whole life and played quite a lot of fantasy-based video games (Jade Empire and Golden Sun are probably my favourites). I've had kind of a hiatus from the reading fantasy due to being busy with studying and such, until recently when I read The Kingkiller Chronicle and loved it and remembered how amazing fantasy stories could be.

Other stuff I like that could fall under the sff umbrella includes Firefly, Buffy and Angel, anything Neil Gaiman, and dystopian fiction.

I've not read much sci-fi and am currently attempting to rectify this through reading much Ray Bradbury, Philip K Dick, and Isaac Asimov.
    I'm mostly here for recommendations of interesting reads, and might occasionally be tempted to chime in on a debate or speculation if I'm not feeling too meek.

Not really sure what else to say, but hello!