Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fan of too much to name
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    yes, its just the word essay makes me feel scared, several years of history responsible for that.
    I always enjoyed writing history essays, i dunno why i hated any other

And can we try and stay on topic here, this thread is supposed to be sane...

But i cant stay on topic this post, so im a hypocrite...but it has to be said

Please

Enjoy. God, I suppose you have never had MR SCOTT

Fan of too much to name
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Enjoy. God, I suppose you have never had MR SCOTT
    I refuse to answer that as its off topic

Ohh...darn

No, i had a really boring teacher, but i enjoyed the subject so much i didnt care

So im a wierdo, sue me

hehe nvm. Mr scott is the fattest laziest and most retarded teacher ever

Allison C Taylor (DeSpaz)
    Secret Information

Please check the title of this thread *hard stare*

EEK pmg-no DWMG sorry I will never get used to two names!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    They are now secret, for those in the know - my publishers were getting a bit nervous about them.
    Er, I think you can still access them through Wikipedia as well...

Forever hoping,Forever. xxPellinoriaxx's Avatar
    Er, wat we talkin' 'bout?

Sorry, I haven't been on in a while...

under the moon and stars, in my land of books
    WOW...this forum is just four pages of insanity... and now i am joining in on it...

Anyway, that was an amazing essay...

I have always been fond of writing essays for my English class only, especially when you have to create your own story...Most of those essyas I have written have also been or will be incorporated into my book... anyway...yes Alison, that was a great essay and going from a poet to a book author must have been tough, but you did it..good job...

Alison,

Bravo on a wonderful read. Your essay was thoroughly enjoyable and offered some profound insights that I myself have been struggling for ages to commit to words. Fantasy is a particular sort of element in literature. It is not altogether true, yet it remains truthful. Also, fantasy is enriched not by new and marketable ideas but by the upholding of tradition and ideals.

What invigorating values do I speak of? Consider the epic battle of good and evil. Fantasy provides an escape from the convoluted nature of "gray", and commands the reader to consider an objective sense of right and wrong. Also, (and more importantly) fantasy (especially that of Tolkien, Lewis, and others) resonates most clearly with that most profound love of loves: sacrifice. To lay down one's life for the cause of a friend is a remarkable feat. But as Frodo and Maerad so boldly reveal, to face death in order to save a lost soul is a portrait of what it truly means to love.

It is that sense of fighting to conserve good and straight paths that, in my opinion, most enlivens Fantasy. When the genre is put to this use its characters not only come alive but become avatars of our own selves. They embody that which terrifies, mortifies, and exemplifies us as humans. Thus, epic battles, fiery dragons, cunning elves, and terrifying dark lords are all entertaining in their own way; however, reveal through them our own history and they are unforgettable.