Hybrid View

Star Wars novel discussion

I just searched and it doesn't seem like there is a thread specifically for dicussion of the Star Wars novels, and since I'm a big fan of them, I wanted to talk to anyone else on here who is interested in them as well.

I just finished reading Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice and I must say I am continually impressed. It seems that lately the Star Wars books have been getting better and better. Sacrifice is easily tied for my favorite Star Wars novel yet.

I've read almost every single novel released AFTER the movies, but haven't read any of the prequel/episode I types of books. If anyone wants to discuss ANY of the novels I would love to.

I guess you didn't see this thread you started about a month ago?
    The Merits of Star Wars

or this one:

Best Star Wars book?/Looking for good Star Wars novels...

Anyway, please make sure to mark you discussions with the spoiler tag for the recent Legacy of the Force series.

The spoiler tag works just like the Bold tag ([ B][/B ]) except you insert 'spoiler' rather than 'b'

the merits of star wars was more to defend the series than talk about discussion.. and I think we all know how ridiculously off track it got

Fair point, I suppose. So then, for all would be participants let's try to keep this as much to the books as possible. Granted, the books are offshoots of a film franchise so the film discussion will naturally seep into our topic.

I am actually looking forward to reading The Legacy of the Force series. I've got the first two and the last one, I just need to fill out the middle books.

I'm also really looking forward to The Force Unleashed, although that is in no small part because Sean Williams is writing the book.

Yeah The Force Unleashed looks amazing

What Star Wars books have you read?

I was a fairly avid Star Wars reader a few years ago, actually what got me reading sci-fi books... havn't read anything since then though. I remember Timothy Zahn's Star Wars books were very good. Can't remember a lot of the details except that the main bad guy was the blue skinned alien Thrawn, and if I remember correctly the protagonist was Mara Jade? Not sure on that though. I'd have to look at my Star Wars books to refresh my memory for any more details than that.