Banned
    Blog Entries

Please tell me your moving....

to a new hosting company. The amount of downtime is becoming rediculous. There are plenty of good hosting companies out there. If the problem is the site is to big for a shared server and you can't afford a dedicated server perhaps look at taking donations or offering paid membership for extra goodies. That or look at a better advertising approach than just google and your amazon affiliate links. Perhaps approaching the publishers directly. I know Orbit has had paid ads on other sites.

Just looking for some reassurance from ya Dag that my fav forum isn't going down the drain

I'm the law... Administrator daigoro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our current server company moved to a new datacenter some weeks ago and that caused all kinds of problems. I was hoping things would get back to normal again and in the last week or so things have improved, but as you quite correctly observe there have been times the server have had problems again.

The site is currently hosted on a VPS which in many aspects is the same as a dedicated server and it should be more than enough for the site. Anyway, if things don't improve in the next month or so I will move everything to a new host. I've already done some research into other alternatives and I think I've found some good.

So I can definitely assure you that the site is not going down the drain although we have some problems at the moment. I also run regular offsite backups manually so we're not dependent on the backups the server company offers in case anything should happen.

Dag

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thx for the quick reply.