Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superheroes

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I realise why a lot of people like Batman, he is a cool character, but to like him because he wears black unlike Green Lantern because he wears green makes no sense. Green is in his name. If the guys name was Green FILL IN THE BLANK I would expect him to have some of the color of his namesake in his costume.

There have been a lot of great reboots to some major comic book characters in the last year or so: Thor, Iron-man, Hulk (there now is a red hulk), Captain America, etc.
    As well as some that I would rather forget: Spiderman: a brand new day for instance.

While I left the states before things got really interesting with Batman, but when I left Batman had died in the Final Crisis (a very confusing and let down IMHO) and DC was just getting ready to launch the series Battle for the Cowl in which Robin's 1,2, and 3 were going to hack it out to see who would become the next batman.

As far as Final Crisis is concerned it was a big let down and now we have the rainbow coalition of lanterns from green, red, yellow, red, blue, purple, etc. While the beginings looked good the addition of all of the lanterns turned me off

Secret invasion from Marvel did not do much for me either, all it did was scramble a few teams and take Tony Stark out of the picture and set up the villians in control of much of the big departments like SHIELD, which reminds me of the original idea behind Wanted (the movie is completely different)

I enjoy Images "Invincible".
    They rip off marvel and dc but it's done tastefully.

Main character is kinda like peter parker in someways. Teen that gets alot of power and deals with the everyday school drama and some.

I highly recommend it.

I like Captain America. Good back story and I mean come on, AMERICA right in his name! Win win situation lol

THE TICK!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a batman fan, like wolverine plenty, when he isn't in seven places at once and discovering for the fortieth time that his real origins are actually something completely different than he found out last time.

But as much as I love the tormented hero, as much as I love a guy who conquers by intellect and/or sheer willpower, as much as I love the superheroes I can relate to, how do you beat a guy whose battle cry is SPOON!

or for that matter, a guy in a blue suit who calls himself 'the tick'.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huanic View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a batman fan, like wolverine plenty, when he isn't in seven places at once and discovering for the fortieth time that his real origins are actually something completely different than he found out last time.
    There have been a lot of great reboots to some major comic book characters in the last year or so: Thor, Iron-man, Hulk (there now is a red hulk), Captain America, etc.
    As well as some that I would rather forget: Spiderman: a brand new day for instance.

While I left the states before things got really interesting with Batman, but when I left Batman had died in the Final Crisis (a very confusing and let down IMHO) and DC was just getting ready to launch the series Battle for the Cowl in which Robin's 1,2, and 3 were going to hack it out to see who would become the next batman.

As far as Final Crisis is concerned it was a big let down and now we have the rainbow coalition of lanterns from green, red, yellow, red, blue, purple, etc. While the beginings looked good the addition of all of the lanterns turned me off
    But as much as I love the tormented hero, as much as I love a guy who conquers by intellect and/or sheer willpower, as much as I love the superheroes I can relate to, how do you beat a guy whose battle cry is SPOON!

or for that matter, a guy in a blue suit who calls himself 'the tick'.

Final Crisis was a joke, all that to bring back Flash. Marvels Secret Invasion was done just as poorly though.
    Last edited by kater; December 1st, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

RORSCHACH. He is from Watchmen, and for the batman fans actually he is Batman in a parallel universe, he is amazingly good at thinking his way around things.he can take on an entire S.W.A.T. squad and take them out only using things that he finds in a regular apartment. He is serious about Justice and he would rather have the world die as well as himself then keep the truth from someone. (his name is spelled like ... roar...shack)

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Elijah Snow of Planetary. He's a rich detective genius, but he can be ruthless and cruel when it suits him. He has a unique power, which he's figured out some interesting ways to use... but even more important than his power is his drive to unlock the mysteries of the world. To that end, he trained himself, sought out the greatest minds to teach him, and while adventuring, managed to found a monstrous multi-billion-dollar organization.

I get a feeling that deep down, for 90% of the planet, everyone's favorite superhero is Batman, even if they won't admit it, because EVERYONE'S favorite is Batman.

Sure we'll have our phases, shifting over to Spiderman when we're teenagers, and possibly Superman when we are in our 20's and want to be on top of the world, or even the HULK when we're angry!

But when we mellow out, we always go back to Batman, because in the end, we all learn we're human, but we can always try to be more.

I like Batman and mighty Thor.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Uhhmmm, Diemon Dave?

I think Duzroblint's been hacked, what the hell is going on with that quote of his?

In Batman: Year One Gotham seemed to be a lot a like Chicago and that was a long time before the Dark Knight came out.

Mercury! She's great, and she's been used a few times to explore how being a mutant affected the relationship with her father/family (Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny, Deadpool: X Marks The Spot), but also how it affects her personally. One issue, I don't think I've read it but I've seen panels, shows her powers manifesting. One minute she's stood there, a normal girl, then her powers begin to appear and the next minute she's a screaming puddle on the floor.

She's also a vastly underused character. In many of her appearances she's been with X-23, Pixie, Dust, Armor, Blindfold, et al., but she's never really been given a real chance to shine on her own, instead saying a few things whilst largely being in the background.

Shadow's Lure (June 2011)
    Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to be Superman, but my all-time favorite to read about is Wolverine, because he takes a licking and keeps on keeping on.

Just a jump to the left, and a step to the right.
    Little Shaney Williams.... The Welsh Phar Lap.

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    Justin Jordan, has written a title called Overthrow based on the premise that Superman essentially says "I can rule this world better than you, so I will.'
    I think that those who have taken this tack don't "get" the core idea of Superman: He never wanted to be a "leader of men" or one-man government; he always only wanted to respect the world, protect and nurture it... just what you'd expect from a farmer's son. The "Boy scout" jibes say it clearest, and you'll notice that Superman never contradicts anyone who ever called him that. At most, he's a policeman. Ultimately, he is as Miller presented him in Batman Returns: The obedient super-soldier.