Dragonlance Legends book 2: War of the Twins

hi all, in this book on page 26 of the second half of chapter 3, it talks about Raistlin in school at the castle of Fistandantilus. is this the same as the tower of high sorcery?

No, it's not the same.

did this part of the chapter happen sometime between the cataclysm and the present tense of this book (100 years after the cataclysm)? or was raistlin remembering when he was taking the tests?

I did not check the page numbers you referenced but if my memory serves correctly it is a flashback sequence. In terms of chronology the events involving Fistandantilus occur before Raistlin's appearance before the Cataclysm.

In other words:

Spoiler:
    After dealing with Fistandantilus, Raistlin goes back in time to the Cataclysm. The description of the events occurs as a flashback while he is currently recuperating in the Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas.

The tests at the Tower of High Sorcery in Wayreth are a different matter.
    Last edited by Bond; July 30th, 2008 at 11:13 AM.

I'm not really sure which area you're talking about (read ages ago) but I believe this is happening before the cataclyst where fisdantilus is 'teaching people' although if I remember he just steals the body or something of the best student.