looking for fantasy gurus...

Hi Guys ,

I'm looking for a little help in reading materials , if i give you guys a list of Authors i like can you please recommend me some good books? Ive just started reading fantasy but i find that im totally baffled when looking for new books .

What ive read so far and i liked (loved) them :

-Robert Jordan's wheel of time series (though i wish it wasnt so prolonged) , read them all.

-R.A Salvatore's Drizzit series , read them all from Homeland till the Orc King.
    ( i loved this very very much )

-Raymond E. Feist - have read all the sagas ( riftwar -> darkwar ) last book was wrath of a mad god if im not mistaken.

-J.K Rowling's Harry Potter

-David Gemmell's Rigante series ( its awesome ) im looking for more of his work to read , please help!

-J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series

-probably a few more..

What ive read so far and didnt really like it :

-Terry Brook's Sword of the truth series , i read till book 9/11 and i just gave up on it . ( im sorry to all the fans , but if there are better books from him please let me know )

-Robin Hobb's - Life Ship trader series ( didnt really read the royal assasins series ) the story is not bad , but it doesnt make me turn them pages

Guys if there are any other books like Robert Jordan's wheel of time series ,R.A Salvatore's Drizzit series , Raymond E. Feist , David Gemmell's Rigante series or Tolkien's LOTR please let me know also .

Based on my list of favourites Authors what would you recommend to me?
    Really appreciate this , might glad i found this forum , I love books but none of my real life friends read.
    Love you all , thanks in advance

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Ssshhhh, Rob's coming.

Sanderson and Rothfuss. Probably the best things going today.

i'd strongly recommend david gemmell's drenai books, especially since you liked the rigante series. the drenai saga starts with 'legend'. all of them are stand- alone books, losely connected and cover a span of a few hundred years. they feature some of gemmell's best characters (druss, waylander, skilgannon)

you might also try james barclay's raven series.

start with these, then come back for more...