Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Why should the onus be on Werthead to be on the ball about any other story Chris? I've only ever seen you get really bent out of shape over WoT, I say if you have something to offer then offer it. Just because Werthead has a kickass source on GRRM info doesn't mean he should have to set rumours about every other author straight. Also, if Martin's work inspires the kind of loyalty you seem to be taking issue with (correct me if I'm wrong) then it's on other authors to inspire such loyalty in their own fans ins't it?

Call me crazy but maybe, just maybe, if Goodkind comes under fire and few people speak up for him it has more than a little to do with the quality or popularity of his work and the personality he displays to the public through interviews (which in the case of Goodkind has been a litany of kooky ravings) and not much at all to do with George Martin or his fans.

I must not have been paying attention around here lately, I swear I've never noticed Mystar before this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post

I must not have been paying attention around here lately, I swear I've never noticed Mystar before this episode.

Same here, and I consider myself a class A lurker at this forum.

Really? Mystar is a legend in some quarters.

Erm, but that is seriously OT. The news is as it stands and there are unlikely to be any further developments on the HBO front until the writer's strike concludes.

Well the scuttlebutt I'm hearing on the radio is that they're making serious headway on that front, so keep your fingers crossed!

Nick, Destroyer of Worlds nick1689's Avatar
    Do we have any new news on the TV series? Anyone know?

No. If there was any news it would have been posted here

HBO have the pilot script and are doing costings on how much the series will cost. They are also considering this King Arthur project which is apparently in direct competition with ASoIaF. We may hear something tomorrow or HBO might sit on the option for the next couple of years. Difficult to say.

Actually, HBO isn't even considering it any longer. It was shelved four weeks ago.

Can you prove that?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I say if you have something to offer then offer it

I did. My opinion.

About as much a wert can prove his post.

I was however in Vegas a few weeks ago at the convention, while bidding, discussion and other news was being bantied about, So I would guess my information is just as creditable, as I was specificly asking HBO, agents and the money reps...

~shrugs~

But thepoint is, I don't have to offer any proof... the proof will be know when it never happens.

~shrugs~

I just put in a request to see what the real story is.

It is certainly possible that HBO have decided in the King Arthur series' favour (although it hasn't been officially comissioned yet) on the grounds of marketability and cost. However, if this had happened I am certain that GRRM would have confirmed it so people can stop asking him about it.

Indeed: eager fans seem to hound GRRM about a lot of things. I'm sure he'd be quick to get one recurring query off his plate, even if it does turn out to be bad news.

It would be a shame if the series got shelved; [after all, what will represent quality epic fantasy on TV if it doesn't come to be?] Yet, even as a fan, I can sort of see where some of their sticking points might come from. I mean, TV shows usually play for longevity, but the prospect of taking seven broadcast seasons to tell a complete story, with the production values that would be required, is pretty daunting. And the money; good God, the money! Rome was expensive, but just at a guess it would probably be peanuts compared to some of the big setpieces in ASoIaF. That and there is a certain lure to the alternative, business wise ... come on; Arthur, man, Arthur! The once and future bloody king! Who doesn't know King Arthur. In a way its far more marketable. I love the Arthur story, and I'd certainly watch it if the quality was high, [even if I would resent it for ever for beating out Ice and Fire.]

Ah well. As is always the case with Martin news, we shall have to wait and see.
    ________
    Dating advice advice
    Last edited by mjolnir; April 29th, 2011 at 02:27 AM.

Just received this response from Parris, which is quoted with her permission (but the bolded emphasis is mine):

My sadness is that there's innocents out there who think this guy might actually know something about a project he has no connection to and cannot be getting any 'rumors' from a source at TOR, or this alleged 'convention' where he met with 'agents'. Which agents? Who at TOR? Should I ask Patrick and Tom who would be spreading such false rumors?

here's the unofficial update as of this evening:

The option is still in effect. HBO and the production company are both keeping a tight lid on whatever is or is not happening concerning the project. We remain hopeful, but George's focus is not on Hollywood, it's on completing DANCE, so whatever happens out there, happens. He's got a novel to write.

Yes, you can quote me if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    Just received this response from Parris, which is quoted with her permission (but the bolded emphasis is mine):
    Thats good to hear. As long as its still an option ill be happy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Correct me if i'm wrong but HBO could shelf the project and still hold the option to make it and just because they have not told GRRM directly doesn't mean some people in the know wouldn't talk about it.

I don't really care either way but this spat is fun.