Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Oh this is so cool.

That Targaryen banner is kick ass, and Dany and Sansa look great!

Gold armor...

(Love this artwork!)

Link to Michael Komarck's website:

http://www.komarckart.com/bk_cov10.html

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Haley View Post
    Gold armor...

(Love this artwork!)
    I love Komarck's artwork too, but what does this have to do with the HBO show?

I love those pretty pictures too

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    I love Komarck's artwork too, but what does this have to do with the HBO show?
    Only that I read Werthead's explanation of the gold armor...

Also, what is up with all the comments about the gold armour? Jaime wears gold armour throughout AGoT instead of the normal Kingsguard white armour and this is commented on by many people (and seems to be part of the unspoken acknowledgement that Jaime will be released from his vows at some point to become Tywin's heir). It's not until ASoS that Jaime dons the normal Kingsguard white armour after confirming he will stick to his vows for life.
    ...and it made me think of this scene in which Ned walks in on the Kingslayer sitting on the Iron Throne, decked out in his gold armor. So I posted the image.

Tough crowd.

I was just wondering why you posted about the gold armor. If it's in reference to Werthead's earlier explanation, I think Wert was wrong about that one. The still frames in the teaser trailer seem to show that all the kingsguard are wearing this gold armor, not just Jaime. There also don't seem to be any white cloaks, which is too bad.

There's a lot of confusion about who's wearing what armour. At first it appeared that the other guys in gold armour where the goldcloaks (the King's Landing City Watch), but then their armour and Jaime's appears identical. Then it looked like the others were the Kingsguard, aside from the lack of the white cloaks. Finally, it appears that the Kingsguard are wearing white cloaks, but for whatever reason they haven't shown up in the pictures released so far (and the goldcloaks have appeared in other pictures and are much less ornate, which makes sense given they're just a militia). So at the end of that, the Kingsguard now appears to be wearing gold or gold-plated armour in the TV series.

On an unrelated note, new behind-the-scenes video showing some of the sets and props for the series. Particularly like the seven-pointed star.

Blog Entries
    Oh man, I've got to stop reading this thread. I hate being this excited for something. The let-down potential just keeps going up and up and up.

Damn my pesky internal pessimist!

Newest additions to the cast are Art Parkinson as Rickon Stark (this means that the Stark family is now complete!) and Mia Soteriou as Mirri Maz Duur (confirming that she will be in the show).

Rickon has been aged up more than most of the characters. He appears to be somewhere around 8 years old (instead of 3, like in the books).

Here's my updated cast gallery, now 76 actors strong.

My God, looking over that list...what great casting they've done. The only one I'm iffy about...probably because you can't see much of him, is the actor who plays Illyrio. Illyrio's supposed to be massively fat. Maybe they'll pad out the actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonie View Post
    My God, looking over that list...what great casting they've done. The only one I'm iffy about...probably because you can't see much of him, is the actor who plays Illyrio. Illyrio's supposed to be massively fat. Maybe they'll pad out the actor.
    Illyrio is a piece of recent re-casting. Originally they had Ian Mcneice (who is quite large indeed), but he was not available for the necessary re-shoots of the pilot scenes. There have been several other re-castings as well (Daenerys, Catelyn Stark, Grand Maester Pycelle, Alliser Thorne, and Waymar Royce & Gared from the prologue).

Third Eye
    I just do not see how this is going to work. A Game of Thrones is not a complete story it basically amounts to an introduction. How HBO plans to make this work when Martin will NEVER finish ASOIAF is beyond me.

Well, maybe Martin already HAS the end of the story planned out. I'm sure he knows how the story will end and what the main events are going to be. I think it's pretty obvious that fleshing out a book is a lot harder than writing a screenplay/script. I just really hope he actually finishes and publishes the books BEFORE the HBO series airs the books' final conclusions.

Third Eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Fung Koo View Post
    Oh man, I've got to stop reading this thread. I hate being this excited for something. The let-down potential just keeps going up and up and up.

Damn my pesky internal pessimist!
    I hate to be a pessimist but this has epic fail written all over it. HBO is going to create an entire series around the first book in an extremely incompletely saga. Martin hasn't announced an update in almost three years.