Need some book suggestions

Hey, I'm looking for a good coming-of-age/bildungsroman fantasy book. I'm getting tired of books that have multiple POVs and just want to read something simple for a change. I've read Feist, Hobb, Jordan, Butcher, Card, Eddings, Tolkein, Sanderson, Brooks, and a whole lot more so I'm looking for a new author. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well the first series I would always recommend would be my own, The Kingdom Chronicles, vol 1 A King's Quest after that I would say that maybe Dragonlance is what you are looking for or the Erevis Cale series by Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Dthorn View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for a good coming-of-age/bildungsroman fantasy book. I'm getting tired of books that have multiple POVs and just want to read something simple for a change. I've read Feist, Hobb, Jordan, Butcher, Card, Eddings, Tolkein, Sanderson, Brooks, and a whole lot more so I'm looking for a new author. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Starts off pretty traditional with a sort-of coming-of-age story for Jezal, but then goes off in a totally different direction. I think there's only 4 or 5 POVs, and the thing is complete.

Tad Williams's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn is a solid coming of age fantasy saga. The protagonist, Simon, goes from kitchen boy to hero and his journey is charted very well.

Greg Keyes's Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, while comprised of multiple POVs, can also be considered a coming of age saga - a princes grows to maturity, and a young church boy learns about the wider world.

Try Stonewiser by Dora Machado. Not sure if it a "coming of age" type that you are looking for, but the protagonist goes from helpless slave to more or less hero by the end. It's a single POV, which some people find too simplistic but it is well written - although it has a female slant. There is plenty of action, but relationships get quite a bit of attention as well, so you may or may not care for it depending upon your stage in life . I have to say that I have been recommending it a lot simply because it is so different from anything else I've seen out there and it's by a new author to the genre and I am always pulling for the underdog.