What Fantasy "stories" would make a great movie?

Ever since the reception to Lord of the Rings movies, I've been thinking about how hard it must be to pick a fantasy book to make into a movie. I know Universal has the rights to some of Brooks Shannara stuff to make movies, and they discussed adapting Thomas Covenant to the screen.

But I'm always nervous after seeing movies like Eragon (that movie was okay until John Malkovich killed it), Dune, and the original Baewolf...

and I've thought about this a bit, and I'd say I'd love to see Sword in the Storm made into a movie... I wasn't a fan of the whole series, but that book was really really good, and I don't think it's too "fantasy" to be successful.

Any other ideas?

lol no, the search tool hates me. After you responded to the last one with a link to another thread, I attempted to use it for this, and I ended up with like hundreds of threads apparently matching my search criteria, and I couldn't find one with a remotely similar topic haha. You should have a thread on how to use the search function stickied near the top!